Diablo® III

Wizard DPS Equivalence Spreadsheet

I threw together a quick spreadsheet that hopefully will help with Inferno gearing decisions.

It basically tells you how much DPS you'll gain by increasing a particular damage stat, and converts it back to Intelligence for ease of comparison.

Current version: 0.9b
Mediafire (Excel version):
http://www.mediafire.com/?vemftkzfzbh8p8d

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuCuIwwOof50dGpVRXhOYTZHNUJ3R1dWTmdNdS1TeWc
Edited by Chalon#1376 on 6/19/2012 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
can you make it so its not view only so i can play with it?
Reply Quote
ah thanks a bunch. should help when trying to decide what I need from the ah!
Reply Quote
very nice thank you so much !!!
Reply Quote
so critical hit chance on gloves per say, is a drastic increase in dps?
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Keith

I can't make it editable in the Google docs version because someone nefarious may then mess with the formatting, formulas, etc. You have to save it to an Excel or OpenOffice file, and then open it that way.

06/02/2012 03:17 PMPosted by CaptainNaked
so critical hit chance on gloves per say, is a drastic increase in dps?

It can be a pretty good increase. But it will depend on your overall gear. The value of critical chance goes up as your critical damage percent goes up, and vice-versa. For my current gear, the spreadsheet is telling me that 1% crit is equal to roughly 10 points of intelligence. So gloves with 200 int should be roughly equal to gloves with 190 int and 1% crit.
Reply Quote
Unless I'm thinking of this incorrectly, I think you have the weapon avg damage calculation incorrect (should be a multiplication, not division). I noticed this when tweaking the weapon attacks/second value to be higher, my DPS dropped (doesn't sound right to me?).
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Skin
Unless I'm thinking of this incorrectly, I think you have the weapon avg damage calculation incorrect (should be a multiplication, not division). I noticed this when tweaking the weapon attacks/second value to be higher, my DPS dropped (doesn't sound right to me?).

No, that's the correct calculation. I just looked at a random wand I had in my inventory 560 DPS @ 1.4 attack speed. Divide 560 by 1.4, and you get 400, which is the same number you get if I average the min and max (260 + 540)/2 = 400.

If you change weapon attacks/second, you also need to change total attacks/second. That's probably why you notice the discrepancy.

Weapon attacks/second is the actual attacks/second on the weapon itself. Total attacks/second is the attacks/second on your character sheet (which takes into account any attack speed increase gear). I guess I could make this a bit more clear.
Reply Quote
If only there was a spreadsheet that would make finding all gear combinations less painful to the wallet.
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Keith

When logged into your Google account go to File / Make a Copy. You'll then have an editable copy in your account.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the post. Good for calculating what weapons i want to get.
Reply Quote
Thx for that, very usefull. It proves that just stacking int is useles as hell, and all stats should be balanced.

Every single wizard in the world should use +%crit dmg weapon ( + socket is even better !, also hard to find and usually lower dps ) over other stats wich can be easly found in others parts.
Edited by Spit#2333 on 6/2/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Any chance of a column for something along the lines of "equivalent damage for arcane dynamo?"
I'd love to see how high my "effective" dps for my AD'd VHs.
In the interim, maybe I could just stick a +75% somewhere; although I'm not quite sure where the 75% gets factored in.
Reply Quote
amazing! thanks s lot!
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Spit
Thx for that, very usefull. It proves that just stacking int is useles as hell, and all stats should be balanced.

I don't know if I'd say useless. But there is effectively a soft cap on how much Intelligence you can get on your gear. So ultimately you will need other stats to boost up your damage.

Any chance of a column for something along the lines of "equivalent damage for arcane dynamo?"
I'd love to see how high my "effective" dps for my AD'd VHs.
In the interim, maybe I could just stick a +75% somewhere; although I'm not quite sure where the 75% gets factored in.

That would just be a 75% damage increase across the board, yeah? The easiest way to do that would be to multiply your total DPS number by 1.75. I guess I could add Arcane Dynamo as an option.

I've also thought about adding calculations for spells, so you can figure out the damage/AP on most spells. But something like Venom Hydra is hard to quantify because there is no cap on the number of stacks it can have up, and it depends on whether or not an enemy is moving or stationary to determine how many stacks you get on it.
Reply Quote
How close is "extremely close" supposed to be?

My in-game character sheet displays 48029.70 dps, and the spreadsheet is telling me 47954.85 dps. That's not a huge discrepancy by any means (~0.16%), but I can't figure out what's causing it. All of my stats are input correctly (and I'm pretty sure it's not a rounding issue, because when I use exact figures instead of the ones displayed on Blizzard's tooltips, the discrepancy actually widens slightly).
Edited by Flapjack#1623 on 6/2/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How close is "extremely close"?

My in-game character sheet displays 48029.70 dps, and the spreadsheet is telling me 47954.85 dps. That's not a huge discrepancy by any means (~0.16%), but I can't figure out what's causing it. All of my stats are input correctly (and I'm pretty sure it's not a rounding issue, because when I use exact figures instead of the ones displayed on Blizzard's tooltips, the discrepancy actually widens slightly).

It's probably correct. The error margin is caused by Magic Weapon. The multiplier it uses is not quite 1.30, but I'm also not sure what it is. It certainly isn't the 1.15 it's supposed to be.

As a test, could you try the numbers without Magic Weapon and see if they line up?
Reply Quote
I doubt the error margin is caused by magic weapon since I'm not using the spell in-game and I don't have it enabled on the spreadsheet.

* EDIT: It actually was a rounding issue. Everything seems to be working fine on my end now.
Edited by Flapjack#1623 on 6/2/2012 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was working on one of my own like 30 min ago, took a break and found this, quite similar but if I may suggest a couple of changes, which will add into same results, but kinda clearer and easier to interpret

1)E16 =(E15*(1+(B8*B9)))

2) This is a bigger one, but nice and easier to understand. I perfectly understand your formula for E1, and how yo apply APS (attacks per second from now on), and ASP (attack speed from now on), but people maybe gets confused.

a) On A3 instead of total attacks/second add input Attack speed bonus, yes I know on blizz chart does´t come, but is important if you are in the AH, and you want to see if a weapon is better or not. Why? with your way, people cannot not the Total APS if they have + ASP gear on them without equipping the weapon, and if you are in the AH you don´t own it yet to equip.
so we add a row to input ASP and yes, people has to add ALL (including weapons regardless of following formula) ASP on their gear so if they have a neck with +12% a chest with +15 and a weapon with 15% then you have 12+15+15 = 42, pretty easy.

On D2 we put weapons attack speed, and let E2 to add the number, where we only add something if the weapon has attack speed

on F2 we put =(B2/(1+(E2/100))) obtaining the really weapons APS

Then on D3 we put total attacks/second and on E3 the following formula =(F2*(1+(B3/100))) and we have total attacks per second taking into account all the gear, then on E15 change change B3 for E3 and done.

Seems messy like this, but if you want I can send you those changes to see if you like them on the spreadsheet, this way people can really know they number that will be shown before buying a weapon

Having this number we put t
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]