Diablo® III

Wizard DPS Equivalence Spreadsheet

i cant see these files, how to i access them?
Reply Quote
One thing I may not be understanding entirely is the Weapon Damage % stat that we see a lot of times. Where is this percentage applied? I mean example would be a weapon that does 1100 base damage with 25% attack speed and 50% weapon damage versus a 1200 base damage weapon with 25% attack speed and no additional % weapon damage.

Or is the precentage of weapon already applied and the weapon base damage already fixed to show the increased damage. Example is a 1100 damage weapon with 50% weapon damage, so in fact the weapon prior to the extra 50% is only 733 damage?
Edited by Azodeus#1244 on 6/15/2012 6:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Im not sure on how to get the base attack speed. I have a weapon with 1.61 attack speed, also with that it has a stat that increases attack speed by 24%. How do i use those 2 numbers to find out the base attack speed of that weapon?
Reply Quote
One thing I may not be understanding entirely is the Weapon Damage % stat that we see a lot of times. Where is this percentage applied? I mean example would be a weapon that does 1100 base damage with 25% attack speed and 50% weapon damage versus a 1200 base damage weapon with 25% attack speed and no additional % weapon damage.

Or is the precentage of weapon already applied and the weapon base damage already fixed to show the increased damage. Example is a 1100 damage weapon with 50% weapon damage, so in fact the weapon prior to the extra 50% is only 733 damage?

Weapon damage % is already applied to the damage range on the weapon which is under the DPS number.

06/15/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Aaron
Im not sure on how to get the base attack speed. I have a weapon with 1.61 attack speed, also with that it has a stat that increases attack speed by 24%. How do i use those 2 numbers to find out the base attack speed of that weapon?

Base speed should then be 1.3. Is it an axe?
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Chalon
Weapon damage % is already applied to the damage range on the weapon which is under the DPS number.

Thanks.
Edited by Azodeus#1244 on 6/15/2012 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
In for later.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure why alot of people are having problems with this spreadsheet. The only adjustments I made to it was changing the % "Style" in some boxes. If you do this, the spreadsheet should work accordingly, I've had no issues as of yet though.
Reply Quote
Just a question about "Unbugged DPS" and influence of buffs.

in the Character Sheet DPS its :
=(1+E12+E13+E14)*F13

as
=(1+glass cannon+magic weapon (total damage)+spark flight) * magic weapon (weapon damage buff)

As I understand the "magic weapon (total damage)" component is one which is subject of bug, since tooltip says "imbue your weapon with magical energy, granting it 10% increased damage"

But in your "Unbugged DPS" you use formula for buffs :
(1+E12+E13+E14)
instead
(1+E12+E14)*F13

Or you assumed just again bad and unclear wording of spell tooltip?
Edited by Silvertaurus#2602 on 6/17/2012 3:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for your hard work,I really eager to check your excel,but I am in China,none of these websites is available! Is it possible for you to send it to my e-mail flaming.ding@gmail.com. Thanks a lot!
I threw together a quick spreadsheet that hopefully will help with Inferno gearing decisions.

It basically tells you how much DPS you'll gain by increasing a particular damage stat, and converts it back to Intelligence for ease of comparison.

Current version: 0.8a
Mediafire (Excel version):
http://www.mediafire.com/?ljfdh80fzxf5tfd

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuCuIwwOof50dGpVRXhOYTZHNUJ3R1dWTmdNdS1TeWc

I threw together a quick spreadsheet that hopefully will help with Inferno gearing decisions.

It basically tells you how much DPS you'll gain by increasing a particular damage stat, and converts it back to Intelligence for ease of comparison.

Current version: 0.8a
Mediafire (Excel version):
http://www.mediafire.com/?ljfdh80fzxf5tfd

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuCuIwwOof50dGpVRXhOYTZHNUJ3R1dWTmdNdS1TeWc
Reply Quote
Just a question about "Unbugged DPS" and influence of buffs.

in the Character Sheet DPS its :
=(1+E12+E13+E14)*F13

as
=(1+glass cannon+magic weapon (total damage)+spark flight) * magic weapon (weapon damage buff)

As I understand the "magic weapon (total damage)" component is one which is subject of bug, since tooltip says "imbue your weapon with magical energy, granting it 10% increased damage"

But in your "Unbugged DPS" you use formula for buffs :
(1+E12+E13+E14)
instead
(1+E12+E14)*F13

Or you assumed just again bad and unclear wording of spell tooltip?

Magic Weapon appears to be treated the same as Sparkflint and Glass Cannon, which means it's additive between the two.
Reply Quote
Thanks for this, extremely useful :)
Reply Quote
Nice, good job.
Reply Quote
how accurate is this thing? because my dps is currently 5dps out..
Reply Quote
Hey there,

great work thanks for that!

I got the same problem as oomps

Confused about the Crit Damage Multiplier, I input 110% into crit damage % and my DPS on the sheet says like 90 million. Cell E10 is currently calculated as 1+B10, im guessing that isnt correct, or im entering the wrong % ? Any thoughts?

Here the Screeny:
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2264/sheetoc.png
Edited by Blazer#2639 on 6/19/2012 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Chalon, aren't you glad there are no DR on IAS so you can keep the same spreadsheet?!
Reply Quote
For 110%, you should put 1.10, not 110. 110 is like saying you have 110,000 crit % dmg.
Reply Quote
I dont know what im doin wrong but here is a calc that works better maybe this helps

http://diablo3.ingame.de/dmgcalc/
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
With the patch 1.0.3 IAS change, does the spreadsheet needs any update?

Worth mentioning that Force Weapon has been fixed.
Edited by Hiwashi#1521 on 6/19/2012 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What's that website that does conversion similar to this?
Reply Quote
With the patch 1.0.3 IAS change, does the spreadsheet needs any update?

Worth mentioning that Force Weapon has been fixed.

I'll check out the patch notes, but I suspect there won't be much that needs changing (other than the Magic Weapon fix, if it worked).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]