Diablo® III

Bloodstained Letter and Battlefield Reports

So anyone know if this has been fixed?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Blue post on DiabloFans today Bashiok has confirmed that the Lyceum / Villager's Journal fix is slated for 1.0.3 which is supposed to drop before the end of the month.

No mention of any of the other bugged achievements though.
Reply Quote
39 Draenei Paladin
Bumps for great justice.
Reply Quote
Bloodstained Letter is not bugged. It might be very rare but it does drop.

Battlefield Reports, on the other hand, are bugged. I haven't seen anyone finding it.

So far, I couldn't find:

Act 1
- Lyceum
- Villagers'r Journal

Act 3
- Battlefield Reports

I don't have any of these listed among my journals, checked also the first character which I played during the server problems.

Lyceum and Villager's Journal will be fixed with Patch 1.0.3.
Reply Quote
bump bloodstained letter pls...
Reply Quote
As a thought, I was recently running through a new character and when I found the Bloodstained Letter, I also got a second book at the same time, the Orders from Azmodan part 3, so it might be a bug that is tied to having read the Orders already. i.e. if you have read a bunch of the orders, then the letter will not drop.

On my first character I had found all the orders before trying to go back and find the letter, and couldn't find it regardless of how many times I explored the keep.

Anyone else want to try running through on a new character without reading any orders and see if you get the letter to drop?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I looked at Diabolical's photos and that is the exact spot that I found the Dead Soldier, but still no Bloodstained letter. 6/19/11 @ 7pm. The bug report mention the Lycuem fix, but does not say anything about this letter specifically.
Reply Quote
Been searching for battlefield reports for 3+ hours now. Nothing yet.
Reply Quote
The bloodstained letter can be found on a dead woman in town during act 4 in the top right corner. Any news on Battlefield Reports yet?
Edited by Poppyseed#1424 on 6/19/2012 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I found the Bloodstained letter 2 times last weekend. Once was during the Reset where all of our current unachieved tasks were "cleared". That was the only lore left for Act III Primary Sources award. However when i saw the list during that time only Bloodstained Letter was checked and all previous lores were unchecked. After a relog in, that fixed the issue, and I saw all Lores for Primary Sources checked this time. HOWEVER, the Award points for Primary Sources was not given! that means other overal achievements that linked to Primary Sources will not be complete.

So i had my other toon to do the same run a day after, found the Bloodstained letter again. And picked it up... Still no change... the Primary Sources is still not marked as completed.

I hope Blizzard will do a patch fix for bugs that do no update completed tasks.

Still looking for the Battlefield Reports... Is it on the same Act III Keeps Level 1 as Bloodstained Letter?
Reply Quote
The bloodstained letter can be found on a dead soldier corpse in the keep depths level 1. It is not on a dead guardian but a dead soldier, there is only one but even if it drops, when you pick it up it won't display the letter nor the sound so it's useless.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72402146/Screenshot072.jpg
Reply Quote
Bloodstained letter still bugged for certain characters. Battlefield report has yet to drop.
Reply Quote
This should be listed in the known bug in 1.0.3.
Hope be fixed in 1.0.4.

From player feedback, mage class could get the letter without bug.
Reply Quote
So did the patch fix the battlefield Plans? ....still can not find it...Just completed Barracks and no plans anywhere.
Reply Quote
Just ran the keep level 1 (hell) for 2 times, found dead soldier in both run but didn't drop bloodstained letter :(
Reply Quote
i have blood letter ... but not battlefield
Reply Quote
Bloodstained letter is definitely bugged.

There is only a maximum of one "dead soldier" in Level 1. Many "dead guardsman" but never a second "dead soldier". In some cases "dead soldier" may not spawn at all (in my runs I estimate it at about 50%). That means this is a rare, unique container. For all unique lore containers throughout the game, the drop rate is 100% if you find the container. Happy to be proved otherwise. Not dead soldier and bloodstained letter. So it's a bug as it does not fit with the game's design.

I have created a new character (barbarian) in the last week just to go through achievements. I reached Act III only yesterday and since then I got gold from "dead soldier" every time. Clearly this is not related to the previous launch achievement bug (because lores are character specific).

For some characters it may not be bugged. But that does not change the fact that bloodstained letter is bugged, as a unique rare lore container does not always drop what it supposes to drop for each character during its first openning.
Reply Quote
And I think I just proved my theory. I started the Breached Keep quest on normal with my level 51 DH, created back from launch. Found the dead soldier on my first run (getting very good at this thanks to my meticulous searches with the barbarian). Dropped the first time, Primary Sources achievement complete.

So it's definitely bugged, rather than a question of rare drop claimed by some. The drop rate is either 100% or 0% for a specific character.
Reply Quote
Battlefield Report hasn't dropped yet, it's a "known issue" now though, so...sometime soon(tm)

Bloodstained letter. I think I had it drop while my Barbarian went through. I've run through with my DH, WD, and Wizard so far without it dropping/without the "vessel" spawning. Note, the dungeon layout that spawned when I got it to drop, was the heavy lava one that includes the blacksmith event.
Reply Quote
Battlefield Report hasn't dropped yet, it's a "known issue" now though, so...sometime soon(tm)

Bloodstained letter. I think I had it drop while my Barbarian went through. I've run through with my DH, WD, and Wizard so far without it dropping/without the "vessel" spawning. Note, the dungeon layout that spawned when I got it to drop, was the heavy lava one that includes the blacksmith event.

I think every generated level 1 map will have a heavy lava end to it, but not always with the blacksmith. However, the dead soldier is always near the end opposite to the lava/forge area. Sometimes the level 1 entry is near the forge area while the exit is at the other end. Sometimes it is reversed. But the dead soldier is always far away from the lava forge area in my experience (7 or 8 successful find).
Edited by Shenhua#2534 on 7/2/2012 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]