Diablo® III

Bloodstained Letter and Battlefield Reports

Been playing since lauch and I still can't get the blood stained letter. Can someone please fix this? I find the soldier and all I get is gold. Any suggestions on how to get it?
Reply Quote
I had the same issue, but as others have pointed out in this thread you need a different toon to get it if your main toon is unable to do it. I just started a DH and got the book the first time I found the soldier in the keep depths.
Reply Quote
I did find the bloodstained letter from a dead guard, but when i clicked it, nothing happened, except from the letter disappearing

same here...

same here..... Blizzard just don't trust us wtf
Edited by Armi#2467 on 1/11/2013 2:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bought the game last month, and I still can't find the bloodstained letter. Also, Covitous Shen conversation "Victory" is still bugged, keeping me from 50 achievement points.

Please fix this soon, it's not rocket science.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I just found the Dead Soldier, and all he gives me is gold. I don't have the Bloodstained Letter achievement though. I did, however, find the Battlefield Reports after numerous tries. I'm only missing the Bloodstained Letter for Act III, which is preventing me from getting Primary Sources.

I guess I'll have to get it with another character until Blizzard fixes this.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I have found the blood stained letter a couple of times, in the depths on a dead solider. I can confirm it is there. However, ha ha.. I just don't know what achieve this is attached to.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
02/11/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Qweeno
I have found the blood stained letter a couple of times, in the depths on a dead solider. I can confirm it is there. However, ha ha.. I just don't know what achieve this is attached to.
Nothing happens when I pick it up.
Reply Quote
Any news to this? I bought the game two weeks ago, created a WD and everytime I find the dead soldier, there's only gold. I thought it was because I was playing coop but even in a solo game, I have the same thing. I know we can create a second character but I don't intend to play with something else and it's still a couple of hours to get to act III....... It's not like warriv's journal right at the beginning of the game. It's a shame they say it's not bugged when it obviously is for some people. It's kind of insulting..... What do they need? 100 videos of people showing the they don't have the achievement, then finding the dead soldier and clicking on it so Blizzard can see it's gold dropping and not the letter??
Reply Quote
I switched to the europe server about a month ago and I have 2 60s and a level 28 barbarian who is in act 3 and I can't get the letter with either character. It's the only lore I'm missing from the game and it's kind of annoying me because I have 3 characters who can't get it. I'm now playing a hardcore monk and hoping I can get it with him but I find the dead soldier and it only gives me gold with the other characters.
Reply Quote
Same here
Reply Quote
It's been 6 months since the last person requested a status for the Bloodstained Letter and looking through it does not seem as if an all round fix has been created. I've gone half blind running this dungeon a million times (I don't exaggerate much). If Blizz can give us a heads up on this I would be most happy!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]