Diablo® III

Gear switching macro

1 Orc Warrior
Is using a macro that instantly switches between gear sets legal?
Reply Quote
its undetectable so its legal :)
Reply Quote
undetectable does not mean legal
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
06/04/2012 03:25 AMPosted by Devi
its undetectable so its legal :)

Clicking 20 times in a single frame is certainly detectable.
Reply Quote
Are you asking whether their is United States law against this?

If so, no, there is no legislation in place against this.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has not come out and said "we do not like you doing this" but their bot detection program will ban you for it.
Reply Quote
He means as in legal via the terms of service, to put it bluntly, warden failing to detect the macro doesn't mean its "legal". Any 3rd party program that attaches or interacts with the diablo executable to provide unfair advantage is against the TOS. (What online game allows macros when they have anti cheat protections?, Lol.)
Edited by snøwXz#1247 on 6/4/2012 3:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The macro's in wow had to be instant, this macro sounds like it wouldn't be so its illegal.

I get my answer from clicking in around 10 different spots opening with the "C" key and closing with it.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
The macro's in wow had to be instant, this macro sounds like it wouldn't be so its illegal.

I get my answer from clicking in around 10 different spots opening with the "C" key and closing with it.

It seems pretty instant to me, it opens the inventory, clicks 12 times, then closes the inventory without the inventory ever flashing on the screen.
Reply Quote
By instant I mean the spells all had globals on them. I guess my theory is flawed, being tired doesn't help but honestly here's a sound block for you, its game breaking to pop the macro for MR gear at the end of a fight giving 400% magic find from zero.

That's against the rules in my books. I can assure you that Blizzard have the right to punish players who exploit advantages but manually doing it would arise a new problem. Maybe in the future a global item change thing will happen. Dear lord what have you done.
Reply Quote
yep, u can write a script to achieve this easyily.
But, I have killed inferno butcher switch to MF gear with MF value reached to 250 around lots of times, it doesnt sound effect anything. Not increase the yellow gear rate at all!!!!

I sincerely doubt BLZ use average mf count, that is u average mf value during a battle.
Also this can easily be done by BLZ, coz every single switch of gear should be done via network.
Reply Quote
PS: I test by switch to mf gear when butcher at 5% hp.
if i use mf gear before battle, it seemed work...

sigh.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
But, I have killed inferno butcher switch to MF gear with MF value reached to 250 around lots of times, it doesnt sound effect anything. Not increase the yellow gear rate at all!!!!

I sincerely doubt BLZ use average mf count, that is u average mf value during a battle.
Also this can easily be done by BLZ, coz every single switch of gear should be done via network.

Because Butcher is a boss, he was designed to only drop yellows if you have 3+ stacks of NV, and having more MF with those stacks does increase the chance of getting more yellows. I think 3 is the max.
Reply Quote
I usually wonder if using a gaming keyboard is legal. Anyone know what blue's point of view on this?
Reply Quote

Because Butcher is a boss, he was designed to only drop yellows if you have 3+ stacks of NV, and having more MF with those stacks does increase the chance of getting more yellows. I think 3 is the max.

i had 5 yellows from butcher on inferno with ~250 mf

if yout hink about how mf works, more could be possible, the chance for that to happen is just pretty low
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
06/04/2012 04:23 AMPosted by Xour
I usually wonder if using a gaming keyboard is legal. Anyone know what blue's point of view on this?

And if a gaming keyboard was able to do this, maybe your comment would be relevant.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
bump, and just to be clearer would using this be legal

import win32api,win32gui,ctypes

offset = (1207,590) #(x,y) position of top left inventory slot
width = 47 #width of each inventory slot

isdown = False
pos = (0,0)

slots = [(0,4), #slots to click, (0,0) is top left, (9,5) is bottom right
(1,5),
(2,5),
(3,5),
(4,5),
(4,4),
(5,5),
(6,5),
(7,5),
(8,5),
(9,5)]

altslots = [(0,5) #slots that require ALT to be pressed (second ring / offhand)
]

while 1:
pressed = win32api.GetAsyncKeyState(112) # 112 = F1

if(pressed and (isdown == False)):
isdown = True
pos = win32gui.GetCursorPos()

ctypes.windll.user32.keybd_event(73, 0, 0, 0) # 73 = i
ctypes.windll.user32.keybd_event(73, 0, 0x2, 0)

for i in slots:
x = offset[0] + i[0] * width;
y = offset[1] + i[1] * width;
ctypes.windll.user32.SetCursorPos(x, y)

ctypes.windll.user32.mouse_event(0x8,0,0,0,0)
ctypes.windll.user32.mouse_event(0x10,0,0,0,0)

for i in altslots:
x = offset[0] + i[0] * width;
y = offset[1] + i[1] * width;
ctypes.windll.user32.SetCursorPos(x, y)

ctypes.windll.user32.keybd_event(164, 0, 0, 0)

ctypes.windll.user32.mouse_event(0x8,0,0,0,0)
ctypes.windll.user32.mouse_event(0x10,0,0,0,0)

ctypes.windll.user32.keybd_event(164, 0, 0x2, 0)

ctypes.windll.user32.SetCursorPos(pos[0],pos[1])
ctypes.windll.user32.keybd_event(73, 0, 0, 0)
ctypes.windll.user32.keybd_event(73, 0, 0x2, 0)

elif(not pressed):
isdown = False;

Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
more bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]