Diablo® III

I Need Help Picking A new Monitor :)

So I have a new computer but my old monitor only supports like 800x600 ~ 1280x1080
so apparantly ill be needing a new monitor :O

i was thinking of this Acer S220HQ
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009316&Tpk=acer%20s220hqlabd
its 120$ on Sale Now original Price is 170$

but do you guys reccomend this monitor?
or should i pick a diffrent 1? if you could please pick 1 out for me that would be great
Im looking for a monitor that would support my resolution (My Video Card Is ATI Radeon 6870)
Do you guys reccomend this Acer? or if you could pick 1 out for me that would be great too :D

I just want it to last very long like 10years~5years or so idk... just last long as in longggggg! lol no dead pixels nice way to adjust brightness and contrast Also i do digital art so coloring and specifics of detail matter in the art so basically around these prefrences ill be gewd im also looking for a bit cheaper around 120$~150$ thats about as much i would spend on a monitor since
I still have to pay for my GW2 Collectors 150$ and Borerlands Ultimate 150$ :S so yea
cheap as possible last long looks good im game. thx guys
Reply Quote
You're going to spend $300 on two games and you don't want to spend over $120 on the monitor you're going to spend hours staring at while playing them?
Reply Quote
pretty much :)

and i said 150$~120$ for a monitor would be fine :o
and i see theres some asus there to choose from i just dont know which and whatst he best bang for the buck :)

*why? what do you think should be a resonable price for a monitor? :P
and how big will it be? if its like 300$ for a monitor pretty sure i can jsut buy a 3D TV and jsut use that...
Edited by Warwick#1210 on 6/4/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sigh...marketing strikes again. Monitors have higher pixel density than televisions. When you're sitting ~2 feet away from your monitor (which is average) the number of pixels you can individually make out is much higher. Fun fact: A 22" monitor at standard ~2 foot viewing distance takes up MORE of your visual space than a 100" television at the average ~10 foot viewing distance. Some crappy little $300 720p TV will look like garbage if you try to use it as a monitor.

For color-critical artwork you should ABSOLUTELY be spending $300+ on a monitor. Unless you're not serious about your work I suppose.
Reply Quote
Their purposes are different, a $300 3d TV does not work as well for gaming as a $300 monitor will. The colors, antialising, refresh rates all suffer when going w/ a TV over a monitor. Just don't do it.
Reply Quote
k... well im asking for help but seems like you guys are just complaining about that my choices are bad :S

thats why i ask for recommendations of monitors that i can purchase on newegg
a set of monitors i can choose from or recommended brand.

Well i know now that the community of diablo 3 is not the best place to ask for help ill just go back to WoW forums thx anyways for the assistant on TV / Monitors.
Reply Quote
Got this on sale for 120 pretty happy with it. Settings buttons can be a pain though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260056
Reply Quote
k... well im asking for help but seems like you guys are just complaining about that my choices are bad :S

thats why i ask for recommendations of monitors that i can purchase on newegg
a set of monitors i can choose from or recommended brand.

Well i know now that the community of diablo 3 is not the best place to ask for help ill just go back to WoW forums thx anyways for the assistant on TV / Monitors.

I will recommend you a brand that does not use foxconn as their components manufacturer, which isn't really a fair guide. I am currently using 3 benQ XL2420T and they are awesome, but you can probably go with the RTS model since d3 isn't a first person shooter.

Also, we were giving you advice and recommendations, not on specifics but on the direction you should be going. At the end of the day do the research and learn on your own, it will be much more satisfying when you finally receive the perfect product.

http://shop.benq.us/ProductCategory.aspx?id=48&name=Gaming%20Monitors
Edited by Dro#1318 on 6/5/2012 8:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]