Diablo® III

Another barb having issues with Act 2

Hi all, firstly, thanks for your time in reading yet another thread about difficulties getting through act 2. Garbage mobs are fine ofc, but the champ packs and elites are nuking me. Thanks again in advance.

My stats: http://imgur.com/jZ1eW
build: http://imgur.com/LWPMF

Act 1 is very easy and I run act 1 over and over using 3 MF pieces instead of the items seen in the SS. Sadly I am still having issues getting very far in Act 2. Is Leap/Iron Impact the answer that I am missing? Will i be missing my charge based heal? I have NO LoH sadly and I know that many people find that is pretty helpful.

I know that my stats are pretty decent and I am far from the most skilled player but I am not a total gimp. I really appreciate any help you guys can give me since I am stuck on either farming act 1 over and over or go in to act 2 and dieing/spending my farmed cash on repair bills lol
Reply Quote
sorry but bump
Reply Quote
bump for needing advice, thx all
Reply Quote
im slowly making my way through act 2 with 200 res, 42k life, 7k armor and 17k damage. i completely changed my build from act 1 so i can easily kill elites.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WPSTRX!bSV!cZccba

if you have big dps, FOR SURE you will kill anything in your path if you do this strategy.
Im guessing you need at least 15k dmge for this to work
THe strat is as follows for killing elites:

(you need some fury built up before doing this)
1. leap in the middle
2. earthquake
3. ignore pain
4. berserker rage

the ignore pain ignorance is bliss rune will keep you from dying.
No matter how bad you're getting hit, you will not die if ignorepain and earthquake are up for 6 seconds. That means you have to finish off everything at that time. otherwise if theyre still alive, get ready to kite.

the downside is you have to wait 1.5mins to kill another elite mob.
you can just kite until cooldown finishes or go back to town and chill.
Good luck!;)
Edited by yuan#1391 on 6/4/2012 11:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
interesting tactic, do you find that the one heal, aside from the 30sec cd ignore pain, is sufficient? i find that i use revenge's heal a lot so i dont know how well i would do without it
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVSkRX!XeV!acccZa

try that build out. It is what I use for my barb, Im currently farming Act 3.
The basic idea is to rotate Ignore Pain and Leap so that 90% of the time you have a dmg reduction buff up.

Side Arm on Frenzy does awesome AoE dmg as well as single target.

Spam the hell out of Revenge and use charge when you need a heal or are stuck in something bad and can't just walk out.
Reply Quote
what do you do for burst dps Kuk? that is the first build ive seen without WoTB or EQ
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
you don't do burst dps, there is no reason to. Frenzy with Sidearm is more then enough to get an elite down in a timely manner.
I use to use WoTB, but found that when I got those mobs who you could just not stand toe to toe with for a long time it did not help at all. By replacing it with better def skills am able to stay toe to toe with almost anything (including most of those ones i couldn't with WoTB) resulting in them dieing faster because I don't have to run away every 5secs.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Kukui, can you show us what gear you are using and stats to support that build? Tried a similar build w/o wrath but instead of ignore pain I used overpower with the heal rune. That way I had an on demand heal when necesary. Figured id give IP a chance at some point, but recently been toying around with an all or nothing dps type build Anyhow id love to see what you have stat wise. are you 1h or 2h? THanks

-Greeve
Reply Quote
interesting, i will try it out tonight
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Taking a screenshot and uploading it now.

EDIT: Here's the screenshot of my stats:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2b2mw4.png

Yes it is Act 1, I was trying to get Dev Hell to spawn (got it to spawn after remaking the game 46 times).
Those stats are unbuffed.
Buffed, my lowest resist is 800 and armor is 6716.
Edited by Kukui#1989 on 6/5/2012 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so just did act 1 run to learn the jump mechanic (i have never used that skill before) and ya, its pretty solid. OFC i know that it is still cakewalk act 1 but its interesting. I am just starting act 2 with that build and its so far so good, having 27.5k armor is pretty awesome every 10 seconds too lol
Reply Quote
well i just killed my first act 2 champ pack, ofc I died once but considering it was a nightmare, frozen, chain pack, thats not too bad :)

and what loot did i get.......a lvl 53 dex/int ring lol
Reply Quote
so i killed magda, altho i did skip 2 champ packs after wiping on them multiple times, both times were swarm, chain, descrator, etc....

def an improvement but not very efficient considering my repair bills lol
Reply Quote
so i killed magda, altho i did skip 2 champ packs after wiping on them multiple times, both times were swarm, chain, descrator, etc....

def an improvement but not very efficient considering my repair bills lol

im at (before buff) 8.5k armor, 13k dmg, 480 all resis, 47k HP

still dying to most elites..
Reply Quote

(you need some fury built up before doing this)
1. leap in the middle
2. earthquake
3. ignore pain
4. berserker rage

this. is. wrong.

you pop berserker first so the other skills will scale off the 200% damage and you use ancients with duty to the clan or some enhanced dmg because it also scales off insanity and those 3 bastards are gonna dish out SERIOUS damage (for example with my 14k dps they can do the warden in act 1 on their own). with all 3 rage skills and 16.5k dps i burst down the butcher in one zerker.
Edited by Broseph#2259 on 6/6/2012 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just finished Belial today and here's my build; give it a shot!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WRXVkP!dbV!Zbaacc

This is for single-target focus. Works great when revenge procs to do extra AoE damage.
Edited by acidrain#1687 on 6/6/2012 12:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well i made it to the oasis but gonna take a break, getting !#@%d far too often for my liking and i need a drink, too much action without even a courtesy lick

will def look at swapping out charge, i dont find i use it as often as i should, or at least not too effectively since i hardly get any heals out of it. I am liking the jump then ignore pain method tho
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]