Diablo® III

How to ACT II for poor folk

OK, like a lot of you guys I was hitting a wall in ACT II. I didn't stand a chance to wasps and I was not going to grind our 30 million gold just to get through the game.

So I waited, and waited, and I got the best deals I could manage on the AH.
This is the method I use

1-None of my pieces of gear cost over 200k

2- always be patient, but if you see something that seems to good to be true, don't read the stats twice, BUY IT. I have lost amazing items b/c I waited 5 seconds to click 'Buyout' only to see SOLD pop up.

3- Don't waste money on minimal upgrades. ie. Don't buy something with 10 more armor and 5 more vitality, for 40k. save it for big improvements.

4-*This is the most important trick. Any piece of gear with Str, Vit, AND All Res, is going to be ridiculously expensive. Just because the stars aligned on the stats people are gonna want millions.

BUT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT GEAR WITH JUST A COUPLE OF THEM

Gear with only All Res. or gear with just STR and Vit. or special mix ups of All res and %HP on helms and chest are proportionally much less expensive for the same number value of stats.

For Example. I have Bracers with good armor, 110 STR and 110 Vit. I bought it for 65k. If those bracers had 25+ res all as well, theyd be at least 700k.

On the other hand my shoulders have no str and vit, but have 70 All res and 8% HP

Combine all those stats and you get 110STR, 110Vit, 70 res all and 8% hp. If each one of those items had an even spread of the stats they would have cost me far more just by virtue of the seller thinking he had something special.

Keep in mind, my gear isn't Beat Diablo on inferno worthy, But spending on average, 55k an item, and with ZERO upgrades from inferno(sigh)...

I have:

49k HP
600~ Res all buffed
1100 STR
1000 VIT
6500~ DPS

EDIT: KEY ITEM: Grab an 1Hander with at least 500 LoH but with low dps. even as low as 400 will work. DONT SPEND MORE THAN 100k!!! LOOK FOR DEALS

My build: Works for 1H or 2H http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSRkVP!cbV!ccbccZ

Thats not all that amazing. But I just finished killing Magin ACT II with 5 stacks, and I'm really proud to have gotten over the initial ACT II wall without spending more than 800K in items.

I know that this won't work so well for ACT III, but I hope it helps you guys stuck farming butcher like I was. Cheers.

TLDR: Shop Smart, Shop S - Mart.
Edited by ShikaSanji#1678 on 6/5/2012 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
nobody likes this lol
Reply Quote
buying separate items with specified stats sounds like a really good idea, im not at inferno yet but ill definitely keep that in mind
Reply Quote
good post.

I just finished act 3 last night, but with a help of a monk friend.

that is a great way to farm act 1 and perhaps act 2 as well. if you know what you are doing and get a little worthy weapon with life on hit thus 12k damage with 800 life on hit? I think the op can farm Belial with 5 stack neph cause that's how I did it.

but from that, dont buy anything and jst farm for a week. you will be amazed how much gold you will be able to get through selling useless items to in-game shop and other through auction.

dont try to sell just good items but reasonable items in cheap prize. as Blizzard mentioned early. there are more ppl between 30~50 then on 60. so sell low lv items ppl!

this will allow you to sell alot quicker too.

you will be amazed to see how much you can gather by farming like this for a week. then buy a godly item.

p.s I help alot of my friends at the beginning now they try to return favor. when they get a good item they try to show me 1st ask if I want it or not. it is always better to make friends ppl :)
Reply Quote
i am actually stuck like you are, i like your idea about a getting a gear w/ 1 or 2 high stats and getting the other stats to other gears, it will indead really be cheaper, i wonder why i didn't think abt that...
however what i did is to switch my skills from melee barb to range throw barb... it is also cheap and mobs die faster but you also die faster...
Reply Quote
^ how lucky! lol

armor stat?
btw, w/ ur stats, how far did you get in act 2 inferno??
Edited by horitsu#1734 on 6/5/2012 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah..i'm also using trick to save myself on some $$ too..i thought that is pretty much common sense...so never thought of sharing.

Cleared act 1 and the most i have spent on an item is about 20k on a 2H axe from AH.

Another pt i like to add is that do take note that different armour parts provide higher stats in certain areas than others so make use of it.

E.g. Gloves -> crit chance
Reply Quote
29 Worgen Druid
Good info for those coming in to inferno.

Any barb on act ii and onward has already figured this much out.
Edited by sevens7ar#1558 on 6/5/2012 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes this is very good info. I read an idea about this and started to do it with my gear (i.e. 270 vit and 70 str on one item and 240 str and 70 vit on another).
Reply Quote
so its ok if my stat should this

drop the DPS, then add resist and vitality
Reply Quote
i guess the game will just stop at act 2-ish. you need every slot's +res to get to act 4.

meanwhile after act 2 a new game still start
- its called Diablo 3 AH trading.
Reply Quote
I like the cut of your jib!
Reply Quote
Great information. Would you mind providing detailed information on your current equipment?
Reply Quote
Good post! Thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
Sad post, but true. Just sucks to be poor.
Reply Quote
OK, like a lot of you guys I was hitting a wall in ACT II. I didn't stand a chance to wasps and I was not going to grind our 30 million gold just to get through the game.

So I waited, and waited, and I got the best deals I could manage on the AH.
This is the method I use

1-None of my pieces of gear cost over 200k

2- always be patient, but if you see something that seems to good to be true, don't read the stats twice, BUY IT. I have lost amazing items b/c I waited 5 seconds to click 'Buyout' only to see SOLD pop up.

3- Don't waste money on minimal upgrades. ie. Don't buy something with 10 more armor and 5 more vitality, for 40k. save it for big improvements.

4-*This is the most important trick. Any piece of gear with Str, Vit, AND All Res, is going to be ridiculously expensive. Just because the stars aligned on the stats people are gonna want millions.

BUT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT GEAR WITH JUST A COUPLE OF THEM

Gear with only All Res. or gear with just STR and Vit. or special mix ups of All res and %HP on helms and chest are proportionally much less expensive for the same number value of stats.

For Example. I have Bracers with good armor, 110 STR and 110 Vit. I bought it for 65k. If those bracers had 25+ res all as well, theyd be at least 700k.

On the other hand my shoulders have no str and vit, but have 70 All res and 8% HP

Combine all those stats and you get 110STR, 110Vit, 70 res all and 8% hp. If each one of those items had an even spread of the stats they would have cost me far more just by virtue of the seller thinking he had something special.

Keep in mind, my gear isn't Beat Diablo on inferno worthy, But spending on average, 55k an item, and with ZERO upgrades from inferno(sigh)...

I have:

49k HP
600~ Res all buffed
1100 STR
1000 VIT
6500~ DPS

EDIT: KEY ITEM: Grab an 1Hander with at least 500 LoH but with low dps. even as low as 400 will work. DONT SPEND MORE THAN 100k!!! LOOK FOR DEALS

My build: Works for 1H or 2H http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSRkVP!cbV!ccbccZ

Thats not all that amazing. But I just finished killing Magin ACT II with 5 stacks, and I'm really proud to have gotten over the initial ACT II wall without spending more than 800K in items.

I know that this won't work so well for ACT III, but I hope it helps you guys stuck farming butcher like I was. Cheers.

TLDR: Shop Smart, Shop S - Mart.

I've watched that movie so many times that whenever I hear someone else say " shop smart" i immediately repreat "shop S mart" lol
Edited by JPMT214#1117 on 6/6/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]