Diablo® III

Garg vs. Fetish Army

Just a disclaimer, I am only on normal difficulty at the moment but I wanted to see what everyone's opinion was on this: Which spell would you roll with based on each difficulty, Fetish Army or Gargantuan? I understand as difficulty progresses, less people seem to be rolling with the Garg because it dies almost instantly. So do you guys prefer Garg at lower difficulties and then Fetishes later, or Fetishes through out?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Fetish army and garg arent used much in inferno maybe to act as a buffer when kiting but most of the time mobs can leap toward you and skip your buffer So dont use them
Reply Quote
I like the Garg myself because it can tank and keep things away from you. The fetishes I haven't had much use for and I have my witch doctor into act 1 nightmare now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
fetish because they can aggro as soon as u pop it.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Hephasto
Fetish army and garg arent used much in inferno maybe to act as a buffer when kiting but most of the time mobs can leap toward you and skip your buffer So dont use them

Is this a joke? Fetish Army is a WD's best friend in Inferno.

They tank for you, distract elites, and actually do decent damage. Also their atk speed scales with yours.

For normal - Use a garg. Keep in mind, he scales with your stats. Garg actually stays alive for a while, I used mines through nightmare for the most part.
Edited by Tda#6774 on 6/6/2012 5:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Garg is fine for everything under Act 1 Inferno.

Fetish Army isn't really needed IMO for Nightmare and Normal. On Hell they are somewhat viable but on Inferno I would say it's essential.
Reply Quote
I only use fetish army on bosses in inferno. Garg is useless he dies in 2 hits.
Reply Quote
I find GarG very handy in act3 normal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I prefer other utilities available to me. there are builds that use fetish but on the occasion your a Glass Cannon there are many better utilities to use then that is reason I say dont use them.And I said that they can act as a buffer if you read what I said I agree with most of what you all are saying
Reply Quote
garg is good up to nightmare, past nightmare, choose fetish army instead
Reply Quote
Fetish Army is 20 seconds of occupied elites and champs every 2 minutes.

Garg is half a second of occupied whites every minute.
Reply Quote
You guys are just plain wrong. Here's the jist of what I've learned on my level 60 WD:

-your pets suck UNTIL you get armor and a decent amount of resist.
-once you obtain these things, your garg and your dogs are viable in inferno.
-Fetish army isn't a bad skill, but the CD is retarded. I suggest building IAS, and using your passive to summon them, which frees up a skill slot.

If you're relying on your FA, you're going to be useless for the majority of the time. There is no getting around it. You can swap skills in and out, but until you get X amount of resist and Y amount of armor, you're still going to get your !@# kicked no matter what skill build you use(in inferno).
Reply Quote
I like using both. I just run around while Dogs, Garg, and Locusts !@#$ everything up. When I run into an elite I cast Fetish Army. It works up until Act 1 Inferno, at which point you have to use VQ Bears until you are able to afford REALLY GOOD gear.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm on belial in inferno and i tend to use garg if I'm playing solo and fetish or bbv if playing with anyone else since. Garg does pull alot of extra stuff sometimes too which can be ok on solo, but can just turn into a mess on multi.
Reply Quote
Fetish army is funny, they will attack something then retreat then (maybe) return attack it then go make a circle around you then go back to the target.
Reply Quote
You guys are just plain wrong. Here's the jist of what I've learned on my level 60 WD:

-Fetish army isn't a bad skill, but the CD is retarded. I suggest building IAS, and using your passive to summon them, which frees up a skill slot.

If you're relying on your FA, you're going to be useless for the majority of the time. There is no getting around it. You can swap skills in and out, but until you get X amount of resist and Y amount of armor, you're still going to get your !@# kicked no matter what skill build you use(in inferno).

More like you are just plain wrong.

Pets are viable in Act 1 Inferno - this has been well established. It is also well established that Act 1 Inferno is nothing more than the extension of Hell on act 4. Stacking resistances and armor even on Act 2 is not going to make pets at all viable.

It is no surprise that even the developers of the game acknowledge that pets are not viable on Inferno. They are just that bad even if you are geared.

Secondly, it doesn't matter that FA makes you useless most of the time because the fact is on Inferno you will be kiting most of the time. What makes FA an amazing skill to have is that the 20 seconds that those minions are out, you give yourself some breathing time to dish of some damage and wait for your other cooldowns to recharge before you have to run like a headless chicken again.
Reply Quote
Personally I love my Garg at lower difficulties. The restless giant is pretty awesome.

I'd like to point out that the restless giant can be used twice if you have mana and the ability up. After your Garg rages and it wears off, if you need him to rage again, recast him. It destroys the previous one and summons a new one that rages all over again.

Also when using dogs, I like the passive that summons them (circle of life). If you summon your dogs via the passive, when you get three, change your passive to something else. You keep your dogs. As long as they live, you can use another passive. When they die, you can swap back.

On a side note, any type of sustained AoE seems to kill off pets as they love standing in fire, plague, and poison. To prevent this I force them to move by retreating. In some areas I just go without them because the effect is common like when fighting all those wandering trees.

Thats my two cents.
Reply Quote
In Act 1 Hell ATM always use garg as a meat shield, he's still working pretty well. I use fetish army as an oh !#@$ GTFO spell when I get in a little over my head, and use fetish sycopants so I've always got a couple of them runnin around. Only use life glob dogs in the diablo fight to generate me life globes in the second part.
Reply Quote

Care to share how far in Inferno you've gotten?

Fetish army isn't meant to be a permanent pet. It serves a purpose. They stop you from getting stomped on in tough situations. And you don't get into a difficult situation every 1 minute 40 seconds do you?
If you're getting stomped by every mob you meet and need fetish army constantly, I suggest you strong get new gear or try a different approach to fights.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]