Diablo® III

The Unanswered Question

(Locked)

06/07/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Lylirra
Well, you guys did an absolutely horrible job, this is one of the most annoying to play boring games that has been released this decade. And for a diablo game, it's a pathetic joke.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

And that's okay. If you have negative feedback, though, please try to be more specific about what it is that you don't like, and (most importantly) why. Simply stating "YOU SUCK BLIZZARD" doesn't really explain to us what you're unhappy with, and it gives us little to no insight into what it is that you actually want.

Even if we ultimately happen to disagree with you, your voice is important and we'll listen to what you have to say. But as I mentioned earlier: "Constructive discussion, good. Mean finger-pointing, bad." It's easier for us to give consideration to ideas and concerns that we're able to fully understand.

I disagree. You guys should go ask for the customers opinions, make polls, ask for gameplay videos of issues, online chats and other forms of online interactions.

All I see you doing is staying a while and listening, and if people don't complain the way you want them to, you'll complain back. Productivity = 0

Go to the customer. Sit right next to him. Ask why is he mad. If the answers don't answer, ask again. And again. That's how customer relationship is done. Show what you're doing, and say why you're doing it (no more ninja stuff).

Damn it, stop being just silly developers and evolve to gaming experience consultants.
85 Blood Elf Priest
After the tyreal nerf I have No way to get gears as Barbarian.

So I just made a Demon Hunter named "Buffbarbplz"

I'm not touching my barb until they get buffs.

Thanks.
06/06/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Adamant
"tl:dr; Why do ranged do more damage than melee, when melee have much less uptime and much more risk?

Umm... possibly because we die in a single hit? Should this not be common knowledge? Can we end the ranged/melee thread BS for now? There are enough threads on this going around, they have plenty to digest for years to come on this issue. I think all has been said that needs to be said.

/thread .....please
Edited by SpydersByte#1792 on 6/12/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Wyatt (If you should ever come across this post.),

Raising repair costs certainly is one way to deal with people zerging. However, it isn't necessarily the fairest way to combat the issue. There are just some deaths that are going to happen no matter how good a player is. Granted, fixing mob damage, elite affixes, and some other things will help to mitigate the problem. Seeing repair costs sky rocket is going to hurt the more casual players. Farming gold to have money for repairs isn't supposed to be a chore.

There will be players out there saying to get better gear or skills, but honestly there are a number of posts mentioning how there is no possible way to take down certain combinations of elite affixes, and again I understand this is being addressed.

Instead of simply raising the cost of repairs, how about applying a damage penalty to players over time, just like when the revive time increase. For example, after a player reaches the 30 second death time, there can be a percentage of damage decrease over a time period. Here are some made up numbers to further illustrate the point.

30 second revive time
Upon the next death 5% damage decrease dealt to all monsters for 30 seconds
This could stack up to 3 times and each time resetting the 30 second penalty and the timer does not run while you are dead.

Therefore, not only do you have a 30 second revive time but you have a damage decrease penalty as well. This is just one suggestion to throw out for consideration. The numbers could be adjusted either way as to make the penalty enough to deter the zerging.

Also, a quick comment on the disparity regarding damage between the different classes. This may have already been mentioned before but to be honest, I have not had the time to read through every single post. Ranged classes should be able to do more damage at the cost of survivability and inversely melee classes should have more survivability at the cost of damage. The gap should be bridged to where a melee class can live twice as long but only doing half the damage of a ranged class. This gap will most likely become more narrow with the release of the 1.0.3 patch, but we will have to wait and see. But, as it currently stands the happy medium is not there.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you more options on how to improve issues as part of my job is being a project manager and business analyst on software development teams. Feel free to give me a call as I'm sure you can get my phone number from the customer records.
I have to quote this part:

"Many melee players respond "increased repair costs seem fine""

You have to be joking. I really can't imagine you had a straight face while you wrote that melee said this. I'm trying to come up with some kind of argument against the sheer stupidity of this statement, but I really think it just stands on its own.

Okay, I lied. I'll just add this: You think melee are complaining about Inferno difficulty yet not dying as much as ranged? You think melee don't death zerg A HUNDRED TIMES MORE than ranged, by the simple fact that they die more than ranged and thus have to run back, while praying to baby Jesus that the mob health didn't reset? It's such an easily understood reality of the inconsistency of difficulty against melee that I can't even believe you tried to say this. Melee, if anything, complain the MOST about the repair cost increase. Just stop.

That said, while I appreciate the fixes to the melee things there, none of them really address the actual problems most melee are concerned with - mobs with fire chains running god damn circles around melee, desecrate and frozen mobs being nothing but a zero dps kite fest, molten mobs running all over and around you to make sure they peed all over your carpet. A mortar accidentally hitting me? That's the LEAST of my problems. By far.

Melee either need a damage reduction specifically for affix abilities (normal mob stuff isn't that bad, and our 30% seems to be enough to keep that mostly under control), or mobs need to be reprogrammed to stop making us howl in rage with certain abilities.

can't believe this post doesn't have like a million likes and comments attesting the same. When I read that about melees being okay with raised repair costs I couldn't believe it. Not one person i've met who was melee, whether decently geared like myself or extremely well geared, have been in support of this. There are so many times you meet a rare pack that you can only hope to do as much damage as possible die and run back to, it's not just zerging or whatever it's necessity. And your gear WILL break in the process and I sadly do not have 30k laying around for everytime i get off screen dashed or in a few weeks thanks to the new extention on the range off screen mortared.

Also the idea of just go around or restart if they are way to hard is valid but only due to the fact you have no choice, but should that be the solution? I mean honestly 4 stacks in and you meet say invulnerable minion, morter, shielded, fire chained or fast angels, to expect them to just say GG game and restart losing all that work is a bit absurd.
90 Orc Shaman
I feel those changes are very strong! Thank you!
we will have to see that the act 234 nerf adds up to. i play a dh and have been stuck farming act 1 for weeks. act 2, i cant do much. i tried stacking health, armor and all that (lowering my dps to less than half) and still, i would die in a single hit. this means that the glass cannon is the only viable method to progress. now you plan to discipline us for using it? let me be clear on this, if i can survive the hit from one of those little waspling projectiles, fine, i can survive a fight, but if i still die from it... im gonna be pissed off.

also, try to fix the opponents who can kill you from off screen without warning. i can't tell you how many times some frigging ram came in as i was farming casually, then BAM, dead. couldnt see it coming, couldnt avoid because it was out of vision range... nothing is more frustrating than a death you cant see coming.
The key issue between melee and ranged is damage either type can deal while dodging affixes.

For the ranged classes to better understand the problems of melee -

Imagine if your arrows did not home or spread shots were not available or that the hydras didnt have auto aim.

Melee spends the majority of a fight running from damage simply because the most efficient way to survive is to not get hit, but they cant deal damage for bullcrap while sidestepping all the incoming damage.

In stark contrast, ranged classes just spam auto aim projectiles in similar situations.

Imagine the hue and cry should some staple skills like piercing arrow no longer auto target mobs.
Edited by qussl3#6298 on 6/12/2012 4:50 PM PDT
It all sounds acceptable, except the increased range on mortars. Even with nearly off-screen kiting, I have frequent close calls. Unless the damage nerf is significant, it sounds like this is going to get turned into yet another off-screen instakill attack to look out for.

Unfortunately, I still can't see replacing my DPS gear with survivability gear. Prices are far too inflated, and I'm already going to dealing with lost DPS from the attack speed nerf.
Edited by Ginosaji#1307 on 6/12/2012 5:07 PM PDT
The blue plays a Ranged character and so does weng chung so they dont care about melee classes.Typical response is..Roll a ranged class.
Edited by Burglekutt#1835 on 6/12/2012 5:08 PM PDT
We thought this was a great question, too. Unfortunately, our developers were unable to address it with as much detail and depth as they wanted before the AMAA ended. They thought it was a really relevant concern, though, so when I brought up the topic again to Wyatt Cheng today, he took some time to write up the following response:

I'll state up front that I do think there's a disparity between melee and ranged, and I would like to see that closed. I feel like if I talk a lot about thought processes and design philosophy and don't state this up front people will lose the forest for the trees and conclude we think everything is fine. So I'll say it again: melee vs. ranged disparity is not fine, changes are being made, and even if you disagree with the approach outlined below we can hopefully have the common ground that the current situation needs improvement.

It may not look like it on the surface, but a large number of the changes in 1.0.3 are actually targeted at closing the melee/ranged gap. Let me go through some of them.

Hardcore
I'm going to use Hardcore as a starting point. In Hardcore, there's actually a reasonable distribution of classes, and I don't think the melee vs. ranged disparity is as large. There are a lot of Hardcore players of every class in Inferno without a huge disparity. Why is this important? It's because a significant portion of the melee/ranged disparity is related to a ranged character's ability to progress even while dying. A melee player can throw themselves at a monster and die, doing almost no damage to an elite enemy. A ranged player can do a huge amount of damage to an elite enemy, die, respawn, and basically attrition the enemy down with repeated deaths. In the Hardcore environment where a single bad Mortar, Vortex, Jailer, or Reflects Damage will kill a glass cannon-ranged character, the disparity between ranged and melee is an order of magnitude less.

Repair Costs
One of the more controversial changes in 1.0.3 is the increased repair costs. The design intent of these increased repair costs is to make death more meaningful. One of the top arguments we see against the increased repair costs is "I'm already dying dozens of times to make any progress in Inferno. Don't you see this is going to make this impossible?" This concern is most often brought up by ranged glass cannons. Many melee players respond "increased repair costs seem fine" because they haven't been using death-zerging as a tactic. Melee can't easily death-zerg an enemy down, but ranged can. I don't think the answer is to make death-zerging more attractive for melee; I'd rather make death-zerging a less profitable strategy for ranged.

Enemy Health and Damage
We're also looking to adjust the damage and health of enemies in Inferno Acts II, III, and IV. This is another change that is primarily for melee with secondary benefits for ranged. A lot of ranged are building glass cannon with the mentality "well, I'll just try not to get hit at all." So, reducing incoming damage when they weren't taking any before isn't significant for them, whereas reducing incoming damage for the melee is a big deal. For the ranged classes, I'm hoping that the incoming damage reduction will make some survival stats more appealing to ranged classes. While before the damage was so large it just felt pointless to try and mitigate any of it at all, after the change hopefully ranged classes will think "well, if I just put on a modest amount of survivability, I don't get 1-shot, so that's worth it." There are some ranged players who are already doing this -- stacking survivability so they don’t have to endlessly kite -- and it just feels like the minimum amount of survivability to avoid the 1-shot is so large it's unattainable. That's one of the things 1.0.3 seeks to address.

Damage Reduction in Co-op
Another change which is targeted at improving life for melee is the reduction in co-op damage. Again, since many ranged players just build glass cannon and avoid damage completely, they didn't really care if incoming damage went up as other players entered the game, but the melee characters really noticed. It was very easy for your life-on-hit to have you at a steady equilibrium, but as soon as another player entered the game your life-on-hit was no longer covering the incoming damage and death became imminent.

Additional Changes
And finally, there are always minor polish adjustments designed to help melee -- such as the AI on some monsters (BEES!!!) being tweaked to run away less often, which again helps melee more than ranged. I actually spent some extra time the other day to make sure if a Sand Wasp runs away from you, and you start chasing the wasp, it doesn't turn and shoot 4 bees in your face (hopefully that makes 1.0.3). I'm also working with one of our gameplay engineers to make it so if you sidestep the Dark Berserker’s power hit (where he brings his giant mace down), he doesn’t turn to track you as he swings (though that change probably won't make 1.0.3). These kind of AI adjustments are things ranged players don’t even notice, but are huge for melee.

Another adjustment being made is increasing both the maximum range and the dead zone of Mortar. Mortar was specifically designed to be an anti-range affix, but many ranged players would just stand even farther away, whereas melee would sometimes get caught in the cross-fire of two Mortars. Increasing the maximum range and the dead zone helps with both of these.

We'll be including this response in the AMAA transcript, as well (just in case some players don't find this thread).

On the subject of increased repair costs... is there no other way to do this? I play a monk, currently on the last quest in Act 3, sort of stuck trying to get down the tower of sin. I mean i could always skip all the elites, but that's not how I progress. I've killed all (almost..damn Soul Rippers) up until now and I don't progress if I can't handle everything.

Anyway, so I'm stuck farming Ac3 up to and including Siegebreaker. Always doing 5 NV runs. But it's not really profitable. 2 nights ago I got 5 NV for the fart boss, killing the fart boss, and half way to the Siegebreaker I dropped 5NV because of 30 minute timer. So I got it back, there was plenty of elites, and finally killing siegebreaker to end my farm run. At the end of the run, 3.5 hours roughly, I earned a total of 40K after vending all the items I found and restocking my potions....3.5hrs for 40K, thanks to repairs. I only had one semi-decent item I'm trying to sell on the AH for 140K right now. I died a lot, and no I did not use any death zerging tactics, just playing regularly...and !@#$ happens. If you increase the repair cost 4x - 6x, then I wold have probably lost 200K+ for that run. Are you really going to force me to spec AoE and go mindlessly farm act3 in Nightmare and earn upwards of 400K/hr?
We thought this was a great question, too. Unfortunately, our developers were unable to address it with as much detail and depth as they wanted before the AMAA ended. They thought it was a really relevant concern, though, so when I brought up the topic again to Wyatt Cheng today, he took some time to write up the following response:

I'll state up front that I do think there's a disparity between melee and ranged, and I would like to see that closed. I feel like if I talk a lot about thought processes and design philosophy and don't state this up front people will lose the forest for the trees and conclude we think everything is fine. So I'll say it again: melee vs. ranged disparity is not fine, changes are being made, and even if you disagree with the approach outlined below we can hopefully have the common ground that the current situation needs improvement.

It may not look like it on the surface, but a large number of the changes in 1.0.3 are actually targeted at closing the melee/ranged gap. Let me go through some of them.

Hardcore
I'm going to use Hardcore as a starting point. In Hardcore, there's actually a reasonable distribution of classes, and I don't think the melee vs. ranged disparity is as large. There are a lot of Hardcore players of every class in Inferno without a huge disparity. Why is this important? It's because a significant portion of the melee/ranged disparity is related to a ranged character's ability to progress even while dying. A melee player can throw themselves at a monster and die, doing almost no damage to an elite enemy. A ranged player can do a huge amount of damage to an elite enemy, die, respawn, and basically attrition the enemy down with repeated deaths. In the Hardcore environment where a single bad Mortar, Vortex, Jailer, or Reflects Damage will kill a glass cannon-ranged character, the disparity between ranged and melee is an order of magnitude less.

Repair Costs
One of the more controversial changes in 1.0.3 is the increased repair costs. The design intent of these increased repair costs is to make death more meaningful. One of the top arguments we see against the increased repair costs is "I'm already dying dozens of times to make any progress in Inferno. Don't you see this is going to make this impossible?" This concern is most often brought up by ranged glass cannons. Many melee players respond "increased repair costs seem fine" because they haven't been using death-zerging as a tactic. Melee can't easily death-zerg an enemy down, but ranged can. I don't think the answer is to make death-zerging more attractive for melee; I'd rather make death-zerging a less profitable strategy for ranged.

Enemy Health and Damage
We're also looking to adjust the damage and health of enemies in Inferno Acts II, III, and IV. This is another change that is primarily for melee with secondary benefits for ranged. A lot of ranged are building glass cannon with the mentality "well, I'll just try not to get hit at all." So, reducing incoming damage when they weren't taking any before isn't significant for them, whereas reducing incoming damage for the melee is a big deal. For the ranged classes, I'm hoping that the incoming damage reduction will make some survival stats more appealing to ranged classes. While before the damage was so large it just felt pointless to try and mitigate any of it at all, after the change hopefully ranged classes will think "well, if I just put on a modest amount of survivability, I don't get 1-shot, so that's worth it." There are some ranged players who are already doing this -- stacking survivability so they don’t have to endlessly kite -- and it just feels like the minimum amount of survivability to avoid the 1-shot is so large it's unattainable. That's one of the things 1.0.3 seeks to address.

Damage Reduction in Co-op
Another change which is targeted at improving life for melee is the reduction in co-op damage. Again, since many ranged players just build glass cannon and avoid damage completely, they didn't really care if incoming damage went up as other players entered the game, but the melee characters really noticed. It was very easy for your life-on-hit to have you at a steady equilibrium, but as soon as another player entered the game your life-on-hit was no longer covering the incoming damage and death became imminent.

Additional Changes
And finally, there are always minor polish adjustments designed to help melee -- such as the AI on some monsters (BEES!!!) being tweaked to run away less often, which again helps melee more than ranged. I actually spent some extra time the other day to make sure if a Sand Wasp runs away from you, and you start chasing the wasp, it doesn't turn and shoot 4 bees in your face (hopefully that makes 1.0.3). I'm also working with one of our gameplay engineers to make it so if you sidestep the Dark Berserker’s power hit (where he brings his giant mace down), he doesn’t turn to track you as he swings (though that change probably won't make 1.0.3). These kind of AI adjustments are things ranged players don’t even notice, but are huge for melee.

Another adjustment being made is increasing both the maximum range and the dead zone of Mortar. Mortar was specifically designed to be an anti-range affix, but many ranged players would just stand even farther away, whereas melee would sometimes get caught in the cross-fire of two Mortars. Increasing the maximum range and the dead zone helps with both of these.

We'll be including this response in the AMAA transcript, as well (just in case some players don't find this thread).

What you mention about the sand wasp and the dark mace tracking melee almost gave me e-tear. I'm glad to see Blizzard trying to make this broken game a bit better for the 5 classes. Thanks for the post. I usually just stand there and let the range people kill it since I'm a melee. If I chase the wasp, it just shoots its projectile right in front of my face.

Regarding the 4-6x repair cost. I play a lvl60 monk myself and I am against the raising repair cost. Each death already cost me about 1100 gold. The increase in repair would hamper the range people from zerging and becoming cannon flodder, but it also affect melee classes, at least it affects me. I don't want to be stressed over in logging in to make money so I can cover my repair bill each time I play.
Edited by Himemiya#1854 on 6/13/2012 5:43 AM PDT
Has taken way too long. The economy is ruined, half the community is furious and players lucky enough to roll the imba DH or ranged class are too far ahead for no skill related reasons.
Yeah the glass canons are an issue so they want to punish the melee with additional repair costs....now that's sound logic????

All they have to do is change the AI to make the elites leave the player respawn points. I know i got in an involuntary respawn/instant death cycle where I could NOT avoid them or hearth and had to leave the game to break the cycle....that is not good design.

Simply increasing the repair costs is either just a lazy approach that may or may not work or there is another motive backing the idea. To work it would have to be so punitive as to make melee even less viable...thus increasing the gap rather than closing it.
Edited by Oldbugga#1491 on 6/13/2012 5:57 PM PDT
06/06/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Adamant
Why does melee have to "earn" it's chosen offensive play style, whereas ranged has that option from the start?

EPIC! Uprated!
By now ranged classes have been farming good gear for along time, while im still doing act 1 runs on my barb for gold farming like many other melees. I think ive ran entire act 1 inferno 20-25 times now and not a single item i wear is something i found by myself.

Other ranged classes i know are farming act 3 azmodean, finding increadible pieces of gear, my brother is playing a DH with a stunning 5k hp doing azmodean runs (dont think he got a single piece of gear with vitality on it)... while im still in act1 goldfarming.

1.03 is a step in the right direction but i definatly think ranged need to get nerfed, i dont think they should be able to foe farm azmodean at all with a crappy 5k hp, that makes it way easier for them to gear up because they just need half the stats a melee do on their pieces of gear
to be able to progress.

Me as a barb, i cant skip anything on my pieces of gear, i need life leach highest possible resilience vita, str, haste, crit, armor damage reduction and more on all my pieces to make any progress and that will definatly take me quite some time finding all these these pieces of gear with so many different stats that is absolutely a must have, i cant afford skipping any stat if i want to be able to progress.

There must be some way to make ranged forced to use some defensive gear aswell, or they will always have an edge over melee, make ranged forced to take some amounts of damage.
Enemy Health and Damage

You seems to think that every Demon Hunter wanna be a glass cannon... You seems to think that we LOVE and its FUNNY to DIE and DIE and DIE by anythings that hit you. Sorry Mr. but YOU FAIL!!! Seriously, about the day i've been in Inferno, i've waiting for this, cuz i HATE dieying vs white mob. I've try building more tanky but after spend over 5 million on AH to see that dont work anyway, YOU dont let me choice to going glass cannon.

Thanks dude, Now, they are gonna to kill me 3 screen before i see the monster. THANKS A LOT (sarcasm).
Now stop compare tank/dps class to range/dps class. That's totally stupid. You can't be full tank and make the same dps has a Ranged cuz its will be too easy and everybody will make a melee class. Yeah we make anoying damage but you can be hit more than one shot before dieying.

Would you prefer to do anoying damage but get one hit? We can try a switch if u want to. I let you 2 weeks max before you came back here and cry to switch it again.

So blizz, do it. Make DH become the TANK and Barb become the DPS.

P.S. I've a DH (main) and a Monk (alt), both in Inferno. The DH is medium well geared and the monk have flat gear (some pieces are still above lvl 50. With 1h and a shield, i've clear inferno act 1 4hrs after done Hells. It took me 1 week to do the same with my DH. So guys, go learn to play melee and admnit that if you build it right, you can do what you wanna do.

And for some that will tell me "Gear for Monk are overpriced" just take a look on Bow/Xbow/1h xbow and tell me its not overpriced.
Wyatt (If you should ever come across this post.),

Raising repair costs certainly is one way to deal with people zerging. However, it isn't necessarily the fairest way to combat the issue. There are just some deaths that are going to happen no matter how good a player is. Granted, fixing mob damage, elite affixes, and some other things will help to mitigate the problem. Seeing repair costs sky rocket is going to hurt the more casual players. Farming gold to have money for repairs isn't supposed to be a chore.

There will be players out there saying to get better gear or skills, but honestly there are a number of posts mentioning how there is no possible way to take down certain combinations of elite affixes, and again I understand this is being addressed.

Instead of simply raising the cost of repairs, how about applying a damage penalty to players over time, just like when the revive time increase. For example, after a player reaches the 30 second death time, there can be a percentage of damage decrease over a time period. Here are some made up numbers to further illustrate the point.

30 second revive time
Upon the next death 5% damage decrease dealt to all monsters for 30 seconds
This could stack up to 3 times and each time resetting the 30 second penalty and the timer does not run while you are dead.

Therefore, not only do you have a 30 second revive time but you have a damage decrease penalty as well. This is just one suggestion to throw out for consideration. The numbers could be adjusted either way as to make the penalty enough to deter the zerging.

This poster hit the nail on the head.
I'm a Barb patiently trying to progress by saving gold and selling most of my loot to vendors (many of the drops I find aren't even worth any gold on AH) and I don't possess extraordinary intuition and patience to be able to "flip" AH. Having increased repair costs will negatively impact the way I play because I'll have less gold to send on crafting better gems, and getting better items off AH thus making the whole game progression slower.

Inferno is supposed to be difficult and I completely understand that and I personally don't want Inferno to be watered down too much because it removes the grand sense of achievement once I conquer it. Deaths occur because it is difficult, and it's largely unavoidable especially when you're unlucky to have a bad match up with an elite mob, and even more so unfortunate if you run into another elite mob while you're trying to run away and survive. At this point, I'll still try and progress by continually trying to get past these mobs instead of leaving the game and making a new one. It's already extremely frustrating to constantly die when you don't want to, and increasing repair costs by 3 to 5 times the current pricing is an outrage.

Yes, you are making adjustments to the loot table so that better items drop but this is all by chance. Some people will go on for tens of hours before finding one item that will be equipped so what do we do? Go to AH and gear up to progress. Do I want to keep farming safely by constantly finding new gold spots rather than enjoy the homicidal rampage that this game embodies? !@#$ no.

I would rather wait patiently for a solution that will be an actual solution rather than create a new problem everyone will %^-*! about and I feel that the poster I quoted found something that the dev team could work on.
Blizzard, melees die more often in Inferno than ranged. It's a very simple fact, which I'm sure you'd be able to extrapolate from your own data. Whether death zerging or playing more tactically, the ranged class (by their nature) are away from the mobs, and the melee classes are in their faces. If the melee are alive, the mobs are usually hitting them and not the ranged, who are just standing there in 100% safety mashing their attack. When the melees die, then the ranged run around a bit until the melees get back and begin their next round of distraction. A very few affixes target the ranged classes, but far far more are directed at the melees.

I can understand the need for a greater gold sink, but ramping up repair costs will hurt melees a lot more than ranged in any situation with danger. If melees don't die as much due to mob damage reduction, rangeds will die even less, thus being less effected by any repair cost changes.

In overview, the damage reduction and ilvl table changes will probably give me a net benefit, for the simple fact that the AH is already almost useless to me. As a monk I share primary stats (dex) with the DH, so we all know items will sell for more than they should. I search every slot multiple times a day for upgrades, and the stuff I have now cost under 1mil per slot in the majority of cases. Finding upgrades for those dried up a week or two ago, and anything even comparable is now 2-5mil, let alone a noticable upgrade. My best opportunities will be to find my own ilvl62 items, so I hope you make that possible in 1.0.3
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]