Diablo® III

The Unanswered Question

(Locked)

100 Draenei Paladin
I think the main problem is the damage done by melee. We wouldn't have to maintain risk as long as we do if our dps was even comparable to ranged. I will give you a for instance:
My DH friend who has 100 less dex than me and a weapon that does 20, NOT 200, 20 more dps than my weapon has 54k dps. My dps on my monk is 23k. I have more dex and an almost identical weapon and we both have similar attack speeds (2.25). So why is the DH damage more than 100% higher than mine?

In act 3 I am using ALL of my defensive moves and 2 offensive moves, and I must say it is a horrible play style to be forced into.

I have also heard people saying you get 30% less damage you shouldn't deal the same amount of damage. I can agree with that; however, 54k damage less 30% (I chose 30% because that is what melee receives as damage reduction) is not 23k, it is 37.8k.

Close the dps gap and melee won't be having near the problems that they are.
We thought this was a great question, too. Unfortunately, our developers were unable to address it with as much detail and depth as they wanted before the AMAA ended. They thought it was a really relevant concern, though, so when I brought up the topic again to Wyatt Cheng today, he took some time to write up the following response:

Lylirra, I hope you aren't kidding :)
Thank you.
Edited by Ioria#2723 on 6/19/2012 8:58 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]