Diablo® III

One thing D3 needs...

Whatever happened to randomized maps?! I hate to say it but that, along with the billions of items, was what kept D1 and D2 going for as long as they have. I'm not saying D3 isn't fun, but I have to say the longevity, right now, isn't here.

Sure, each level has one or two possible dungeons each time, and one or two events from a small list, but the geography is the same. It does suck, a lot to me, that I know EXACTLY where to go on the maps for dungeon entrances, and event triggers. Its sad really.

This game has been in development for how many years? I doubt we'll see this fixed in a patch. Added on I should say.

Does anyone else feel this is a major mistake? Aside from the Real Money auction house, which thanks to China will never really be viable?

Meh.
Edited by Kreos#1213 on 6/8/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sure, each level has one or two possible dungeons each time, and a one or two events from a small list, but the geography is the same. It does suck, a lot to me, that I know EXACTLY where to go on the maps for dungeon entrances, and event triggers. Its sad really.

I felt the same way, then after several play thru's I started to see the maps drastically change. I just finished Hell but have farmed a ton and just these last two days I really noticed a bigger variety in the dungeons and maps. I think instead of huge drastic changes EVERY time you play a map I think it's more like little subtle changes that after many variations become drastic over time. I'm not sure if that came out right but I hope you understand what I'm alluding to.
Reply Quote
ClownBaby, to a small degree you're right. But the general layout of each area really is almost identical. I've played through a few times now, have restarted areas multiple times when I was farming for the Secret Level items. Again, all that really changes are what dungeons and events are on the map. Subtle is right, to the point where its barely noticeable.

ZetEX I couldn't agree more. I feel for the amount of time that went into this game? They removed more features that existed in the previous two games than they added in this one. Sure, you get nice graphics, a new story, a couple of new classes. But the skill system is garbage. There really isn't enough customization to really set you apart. Each class has maybe 3 viable builds at most.

The whole thing is disappointing. I enjoyed it my first few play throughs, and I'm sure I'll pick it up and play on occasion, but I really don't see D3 ever having the longevity of its predecessors. And don't count on the RMAH either, Blizzard, Asia will be sure to ruin that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]