Diablo® III

Battlefield Reports Unobtainable

During Act III there are many Dead Guards, Dead Soldiers, and Guards of the Keep to loot/talk to respectively. After completing Normal and Nightmare mode, with multiple farming runs in both, I have not been able to find the Quest Lore Book Battlefield Reports in any of them. I can find the NPC "Guard of the Keep" on the Battlefields and in other places, but his talk option is shaded out and bringing him around the field usually leads to his death, an unlootable corpse, or just does nothing. He does not interact with any events or people. If he, or this method in general, is not the way to find that Lore Book then please let us know as there are multiple people on multiple forums asking how to find this thing. Please and thank you.
Reply Quote
I cant find this lorebook too.
Reply Quote
I've ran over 10 times act 3 over the course of my playtime and also tried specifically the 1st quests looking for this lorebook today, but was unable to find it.
Reply Quote
I am also unable to obtain battlefield reports. And my wife cannot either.

We are all the way to inferno and have scoured act 3 in normal nightmare and hell.
Reply Quote
I have the very same problem to find this item. It's the only lore book from the Act 3 missing in my collection. I run through the Act 3 maps like 20 times but so far without any luck.

Considering the fact that I've visited every location several times and had no trouble with other books in the Act 3, I would rather think the Battlefield Reports book is bugged.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Warrior
i have a theory but no one has been able to confirm it, he always dies on mine -_-;;;;; theres a NPC thats "GUard of the Keep" and he has a quest over his head you talk to him he says "ill follow you" so he does but he dies fast as hell but i have walked him into the trenches, back to keep and one last spot i have idea of is to take him to where tyrael is, he might thank you and join the other 3 soldiors shooting bows, and dropping the report he has if even. so this is a theory but please confirm
Reply Quote
I can't find that book too, but! if you think a little bit... this is part of the achievment for "ennemy" books, not allies. So it must drop on ennemies, not on dead guards or stuff like that.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Fangnir
i have a theory but no one has been able to confirm it, he always dies on mine -_-;;;;; theres a NPC thats "GUard of the Keep" and he has a quest over his head you talk to him he says "ill follow you" so he does but he dies fast as hell but i have walked him into the trenches, back to keep and one last spot i have idea of is to take him to where tyrael is, he might thank you and join the other 3 soldiors shooting bows, and dropping the report he has if even. so this is a theory but please confirm

I can confirm that this doesn't work. I left the gaurd standing until I had killed everything, then took him to Tyrael and the others, but nothing. He just kept fighting with me, until he died, no thank you, nothin :)
Reply Quote
Maybe you have to take him back to the Bastion Keep to one of the NPC hanging around there ?
Reply Quote
I've done everything you can think of with all the guards in Act 3 nothing works they dont follow you outside of the portals and they don't talk to anyone else or drop anything anywhere.
Reply Quote
34 Dwarf Paladin
JUST FOUND IT!!!

Had the Yellow ! Guard of the Keep following me, and talked to the Blue ! Guard of the Keep on the ground. I think it was the blue one that completed it, but thanks to the new patch, you CAN get this achieve. GOOD LUCK!!! Happy Hunting
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]