Diablo® III

Cull the Weak damage bonus

Got a question about the passive ability Cull the Weak... It deals 15% extra damage to slowed enemies. Does that apply to enemies slowed AFTER being hit with an attack I used before slowing the enemy? For example, say I shoot out a lightning ball (which slowly moves across the screen), then I use Entangling Shot to slow the target before the ball reaches it. Will the target take 15% additional damage, or will it not since it was slowed after the ball was launched? I don't see a way to test this myself. It would be ideal if a Blizz agent pitched in.
Reply Quote
Also, does 'immobilized' (e.g. caltrops), count as a slowing ability?
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Variable303

If they're in the immobilization of a Caltrops they HAVE to also be in its slow effect as well, making it a moot point. Although I would assume the Immobilization effect itself doesn't count (AKA Thrill of the Hunt).
Reply Quote
? For example, say I shoot out a lightning ball (which slowly moves across the screen), then I use Entangling Shot to slow the target before the ball reaches it. Will the target take 15% additional damage?
It should, yes.

05/30/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Variable303
I don't know, but given the mob has to be in the trap when it's immobilized, it's already slowed regardless, as well as immobilized.
Edited by Killora#1258 on 5/30/2012 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 03:15 PMPosted by AMH
Got a question about the passive ability Cull the Weak... It deals 15% extra damage to slowed enemies. Does that apply to enemies slowed AFTER being hit with an attack I used before slowing the enemy? For example, say I shoot out a lightning ball (which slowly moves across the screen), then I use Entangling Shot to slow the target before the ball reaches it. Will the target take 15% additional damage, or will it not since it was slowed after the ball was launched? I don't see a way to test this myself. It would be ideal if a Blizz agent pitched in.

As long as the ES hits them first, it definitely will activate Cull the Weak. When you launch Ball Lightning, the game has no way of knowing what target you are aiming at because you don't have to target anything and it could certainly hit any number of targets because of how slow the ball is and the fact that everything is moving. The only way for the game to check is to make the calculation when it hits the target.

My only real question (which I haven't tested myself) would be whether something like Entangling Shot or Frost Arrow would count for CtW on the first projectile you shoot. Does it apply the slow first and then the damage number which would give you the 15% damage bonus? Or at the same time (ambiguous)? Or damage before which would not?
Edited by LtShaft#1108 on 5/30/2012 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 03:21 PMPosted by LtShaft
My only real question (which I haven't tested myself) would be whether something like Entangling Shot or Frost Arrow would count for CtW on the first projectile you shoot. Does it apply the slow first and then the damage number which would give you the 15% damage bonus? Or at the same time (ambiguous)? Or damage before which would not?

Just going by the plain meaning of the ability description, I would say the first hit doesn't get the benefit of the additional 15%, unless the game applies slow first and damage second. I guess we as users have no way to tell.
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 10:55 PMPosted by AMH

Just going by the plain meaning of the ability description, I would say the first hit doesn't get the benefit of the additional 15%, unless the game applies slow first and damage second. I guess we as users have no way to tell.

And going by just testing it right now, it seems that frost Arrow's first hit when regular hits are always lower damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]