Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Latency Issues.

i too am now suffering the horrible latency. earlier today i was fine and now i'm constantly at yellow/red ping. i checked my speed via speedtest and my speed was the fastest i've ever seen it... so it can't be my internet.
Reply Quote
Blizzard will never respond. They never take accountability for anything, they are pathetic. It's THEIR problem, with THEIR servers, and they won't fork out the dough to fix it in a timely manner.
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Ravenhawk
It isn't just ATT. I am on Time Warner and have the same issue everyone else is having....unplayable lag.


Blizzard is hosted by AT&T ENS, and the problems there would cause everyone to feel the pain, especially people who AREN'T on AT&T.
Reply Quote
seems blizzard doesnt care about their customers. they would instead take your $60, put out a patch that makes the game unplayable, then run away and say "its your fault you cant play it!"

more like, give me my $60 back, you dont diserve to be so rich when you dont care about your customers. we can download the skidrow private server crack for free and play the game without any lag, and without being banned for using your RMAH.

I honestly really can't believe the release of this game so far, probably one of the worst in history, they put out a game that maybe 30% of their customers are playing successfully. the other 70% are plagued by frame-rate glitches, being banned for no reason (using the blizz feature "RMAH" seems to be grounds for banning?!"), or suffering from serious lag spikes, and errors.

now their gonna go ahead and add more repair costs for dying. HELLO WHY DONT YOU FIX THE LAG FIRST. we're not dying because we suck at the game, we're dying because YOUR SERVERS SUCK and we cant even solo without lagging. Change the "You Have Died" to "You Have Lagged" because THATS WHAT IT SHOULD SAY.

if this game isnt totally 100% playable within a month, i will download skidrows private server and play it on there. there is no point in playing the diablo 3 i payed $60 for if its going to lag non-stop and have blizzard point their fingers at ME saying IM the bad guy. "It's your ISP".....bull!@#$, i can play games 10x better then diablo and have 0 lag. load up a game that can be beat in 5 hours, with only half decent graphics, and LAG CITY.

It's beyond retarded that we can't even SOLO without lag. i mean the whole games on the server....why?! because blizz wants security on their RMAH. But whats the point?! their gonna ban you for using it anyway?!
Reply Quote
Like I said earlier, class action lawsuit all the way to a refund :(
Reply Quote
seems blizzard doesnt care about their customers. they would instead take your $60, put out a patch that makes the game unplayable, then run away and say "its your fault you cant play it!"

more like, give me my $60 back, you dont diserve to be so rich when you dont care about your customers. we can download the skidrow private server crack for free and play the game without any lag, and without being banned for using your RMAH.

I honestly really can't believe the release of this game so far, probably one of the worst in history, they put out a game that maybe 30% of their customers are playing successfully. the other 70% are plagued by frame-rate glitches, being banned for no reason (using the blizz feature "RMAH" seems to be grounds for banning?!"), or suffering from serious lag spikes, and errors.

now their gonna go ahead and add more repair costs for dying. HELLO WHY DONT YOU FIX THE LAG FIRST. we're not dying because we suck at the game, we're dying because YOUR SERVERS SUCK and we cant even solo without lagging. Change the "You Have Died" to "You Have Lagged" because THATS WHAT IT SHOULD SAY.

if this game isnt totally 100% playable within a month, i will download skidrows private server and play it on there. there is no point in playing the diablo 3 i payed $60 for if its going to lag non-stop and have blizzard point their fingers at ME saying IM the bad guy. "It's your ISP".....bull!@#$, i can play games 10x better then diablo and have 0 lag. load up a game that can be beat in 5 hours, with only half decent graphics, and LAG CITY.

It's beyond retarded that we can't even SOLO without lag. i mean the whole games on the server....why?! because blizz wants security on their RMAH. But whats the point?! their gonna ban you for using it anyway?!


This post is great. Until latency issues are fixed the costs of repairs should go down and also they need to remove the freaking respawn timers. The respawn timers and painful walk backs make the latency issue 10 times worse and makes my animosity grow towards the company!
Reply Quote
Blizzard stop ignoring these posts. I have not seen you post in a single one. We want an answer, at least acknowledge that you have read the post.
Reply Quote
Hey guys refer to this post and see if it solves your issue:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5870857202
Reply Quote
Since last week i'm having a lot of latency, at first I thought it was my connection, but It has been a week now, never had an issue before (had lag spikes before, but 1 maybe 2 times a day for 1 2 seconds). The worst of all is that since yesterday I'm getting disconnected a lot... I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with how D3 is using the connection, if i have d3 open, everything that works with the net gets laggy, and i didnt have that problem before.... They should be at least saying something.....
Reply Quote
I'm from Canada running Telus highspeed, yes I'm running wireless. My average latency is 300 and thats actually good and playable for the most part. But since day eff'in one, I get lag spikes up to 3000-5000+!! and thats when its bad but when its little spikes its usually 1300 witch is still gross to play. I'm with AMON with class action law suit this is BS when everything else works fine except for a game that I spent money on!
Reply Quote
See my previous post, we tried it on our T3 backbone and had the same latency issues.

If you think removing your router will fix the issue, awesome. That just leaves your computer open to a million different attacks on your computer that your router prevents while it works as a firewall. I for one, would NEVER remove my router from the equation nor recommend ANYONE to do the same. Your modem does nothing to protect you from over a billion malicious in the wild code going around.

In essence, you're asking me to act like I put a condom on while !@#$ing a $60 dollar hooker, I just won't do it.

Edit: I just won't do it, If you don't trust me well research the Pulse issue going around now.
Edited by Amon#1784 on 6/18/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
omfg this !@#$ is pissing me off ever since that new update for the launcher its been lagging badly to the point that most of my games disconnect...%^-* !@#$ %^-*
Reply Quote
still hoping for a resolution myself.
Edited by Ackes#1655 on 6/20/2012 1:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey, is this an IPV6 issue?
Reply Quote
FWIW my lag is getting much better (as it always does around 1am-2am) right now. The issue is almost certainly related to load, whether it's the servers, the network infrastructure, or a mix of both.

If you guys have never played the game in a lag free(ish) situation it's night and day. It's actually fun when you're not dying for BS related reasons.
Reply Quote
Cool, lets setup hypothetical situations when we can and cannot play? Cause that's totally what I want to do for a $60 single player game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
9590
06/18/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Ravenhawk
It isn't just ATT. I am on Time Warner and have the same issue everyone else is having....unplayable lag.


I got comcast decent speed. When I'm not on D3 i play PS3, and hardly ever have any lag issues with any game i play. D3 is not as bad as most post i read, but every 10-20 min or so i have a quick lag issue where it goes up and make the char unmovable. Kind of looks like he is running in place; which don't last but a couple of seconds. So far it has not resulted in death, but i fear it will be a problem in the later levels in hardcore. Just wish they would do something soon before the lag bug kills my hardcore and makes me unhappy with blizzard.
Reply Quote
Hey guess what, this is a legit class action. If you want your money back send me a private message, this will start going into the database for the class action lawsuit for at least a refund as the base retribution plus other expenses such as lack of responsibility for consumer protection. Not to mention password protection aspects for user passwords under failure to protect rental/users.

This isn't a bunch of people complaining to the BBB about the ending of masseffect, we are people complaining about a game we bought which we cannot play.

We will see.

EDIT: If blizzard settles out of court, you will all be required to sign a NDA after. Maybe we get our money back plus losses for RMAH lag losses.
Edited by Amon#1784 on 6/18/2012 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I wonder if people experiencing the latency spikes experience it at the same time? Would be an interesting thing to test
Reply Quote
lags like hell...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]