Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Latency Issues.

As of two weeks now latency issues are at an all time high.

What has changed recently, my modem and the speed of my internet through my ISP. The modems firewall has been taken care of and getting 30/5 Mbps on speed tests I run that my ISP provides. I have cleared cache and did a DNS flush to my computer. I have also cleaned other areas just for the sake of doing it plus it was time anyways. Results, nothing changed. As I work for my ISP I monitor my modems status and the signal going to it. I have no issues streaming movies and shows via Netflix or HBO go and etc. Internet use works perfectly fine, so there must be something going on between my ISP and your servers Blizz.

If you have some server IP's I can send some pings to and tracerts please email to me directly for testing and will provide results.

When in game my latency bar will be green but hover over it with mouse and then it goes from 98 to over 2k but the bar is green. Then bar color will update and show red but say 98 and it goes back and forth. New thing that started happening was just menu latency issues. Random disco's and then AH breaking and not able to load. I also receive error messages saying message not sent to a friend who is online but they can send messages to me no problem and it shows.

So will a Blue investigate or contact me about this? Unlikely but I will bump this thread because I enjoy this game and it would be a shame to just give it up due to an issue as this. If nothing changes I'll be requesting a refund on this game and attempt to find a new game for my entertainment. It's sad what EA has done to this solid company and what they used to produce to what it is now. Don't let me or others down Blizz.
Reply Quote
I have been playing fine for the past few months until recently.

Latency has been consistently 300 - 2000 msec (unplayable).

I have done speedtest and my com is a gg gaming computer, 4gb ram, I5 etc.

iso advice
Reply Quote
Same here, i`m from Brazil and latency sucks for me and my friends. We all get 700ms to 2000ms. Sucks
Reply Quote
same here! since the last patch 1.07a i cannot play is so damn lag
Reply Quote
I think I might be able to shed some clarity on the latency issues most of us have been experiencing for the past few days. A quick browse in the internet would show that one of the submarine internet cables that provides telecommunications to a number of countries across the world has been accidentally cut on March 30, 2013 by 3 Egyptian divers of the coast off Egypt. I am referring to the South East Asia-Middle East-West Europe 4 (SEA-ME-WE 4 for short) submarine cable. The incident apparently caused a 60% drop in internet speeds.

The good news is that there is probably nothing wrong with your ISP nor is it Blizzard's servers. It is just that the world has a crappy internet infrastructure that is vulnerable to these kind of things (stupid Egyptian saboteurs, ship anchors, earthquakes etc..) The bad news is that the fix could probably take a few more weeks or so. I may be wrong but I read somewhere around 25 days at the very least. Let's just be patient and hope the fix comes in earlier than expected. Cheers.
Reply Quote
I think I might be able to shed some clarity on the latency issues most of us have been experiencing for the past few days. A quick browse in the internet would show that one of the submarine internet cables that provides telecommunications to a number of countries across the world has been accidentally cut on March 30, 2013 by 3 Egyptian divers of the coast off Egypt. I am referring to the South East Asia-Middle East-West Europe 4 (SEA-ME-WE 4 for short) submarine cable. The incident apparently caused a 60% drop in internet speeds.

The good news is that there is probably nothing wrong with your ISP nor is it Blizzard's servers. It is just that the world has a crappy internet infrastructure that is vulnerable to these kind of things (stupid Egyptian saboteurs, ship anchors, earthquakes etc..) The bad news is that the fix could probably take a few more weeks or so. I may be wrong but I read somewhere around 25 days at the very least. Let's just be patient and hope the fix comes in earlier than expected. Cheers.

Hey thanks for shedding some light into the issue.. perfectly match whats happening to someone playing from thailand as well as me (indonesia).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8507160965
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
I'm sorry for bumping an old thread... but i'm always with a red bar... only diablo 3, every other game (wow included) works great :(
Reply Quote
Since they released the last patch, I have the same problem, sometimes i have a latency of 1200ms,fix the connection or make the game playable for offline mode, bcause i have a good internet service, so the problem is yours not mine.
Reply Quote
Same here.. its not playable anymore.. Blizzard needs to fix this, everyone cant play anymore.
Reply Quote
Every time I play D3 on Hard Core Mp10 I always die because of Latency issues, I would like to see that maybe this issue can get fixed. I'll keep trying because some days I don't have that bad of a problem, then other days its !@#$ing horrible; I frankly can't grasp the concept why! Unless its do too how many people are active online, or its Battle nets server.
Reply Quote
well nothing has changed for me .
still get them dam **DC.. ERROR 3007* AND LAT issues like all of you .
im so tired of these issues and I know every one else is also
THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 1 MTH NOW !!!!!

*IT IS *ABOUT TIME YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BLIZZARD *
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Well, I live on Brazil, and the game has been unplayable for me for some time now.

After 6pm, every day, I get 400 to 1000ms ping. It's impossible to play like this!
And it only happens at Diablo III. In World of Warcraft, Path of Exile and Battlefield 4 I have good pings, without any problems.
Reply Quote
well I see nothing was done about the issue's while the server's were done and worked on .
just logging into game to play for bit and jump on my toon and 2 mins into game which still was LAGGY and I got *DC ..ERROR 3007* .!!!!!!!!!!!!!
didn't even get out of castle to start fighting ...

*****I JUST MAY HOLD OFF BUY THE EXPANSION *reaper of soul* !!!*****
*****TILL SOMETHING IS DONE ABOUT THIS ISSUE******

I DONT EVEN FEEL LIKE PLAYING KNOW ...this is crazy 2 mins in game and *DC*
come on !!!!!!
just glad I wasn't on my (hardcore toon)
Edited by phoenixfire#1643 on 11/19/2013 11:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
So.
This issue has been around for quite some time... seriously, Blizz, do something with your servers - you do know that you need better ones, don't you?
It's not that we don't know that you don't care about the gamers, but think about it for a second - you're nearing the RoS launch date, it would be only reasonable to expand and upgrade your server rooms, no?
The better and faster they are the less people complain and create 21-pages long thread that is hard to respond to, because it's hard to explain to a bunch of kids that money is more important than some game; but then again: the better your gear the more money you gain ain't that right?
Edited by ChokeBee#2248 on 1/16/2014 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]