Diablo® III

Rollback accounts = official dupe method?

If an account is rolled back, and all the itens return, are the original ones that have been striped off deleted, or they stay?

Cuz if so, congratz, we got the first dupe method in diablo 3. Made officially by blizzard
Reply Quote
Bump to add this: if a person ask a friend to access his account overseas, another ip range, get striped and go: zomg i was hacked

Blizzard rollsback his account, and he and his friend got double the itens/gold
Reply Quote
no blue on this?
Reply Quote
To be fair so many people are getting hacked can you imagine the riots if they didn't get their gear back. I think blizzard has it set up well, you can only get rolled back twice and if you do get rolled back twice then you can't use the auction house.
Reply Quote
An account has 2 rollbacks at max only.
Reply Quote
They can see where you items went. If they're sitting on your friends account they're just going to take them from there and give them to you and ban that account. What a real hacker would do is probably just vendor your crap and take the gold. And Blizzard would restore those items to you.

So all this still ruins the gold economy (gold selling, buying) but it doesn't duplicate anything.
Reply Quote
^

This, and there are other patterns they look for in determining account compromise.
Reply Quote
You only get 2 and then who knows what they will do if they ever punish the account where the item ended up.
Reply Quote
Was curious if every item in the game (besides commodity type stuff) has a unique ID number when generated? Many games do have this feature.

If your "stolen" item wasn't vendored for the quick gold, then a simple database cleanup would spot and wipe the original. Somehow I doubt they're doing anything this complicated though.
Reply Quote
Was curious if every item in the game (besides commodity type stuff) has a unique ID number when generated? Many games do have this feature.

If your "stolen" item wasn't vendored for the quick gold, then a simple database cleanup would spot and wipe the original. Somehow I doubt they're doing anything this complicated though.

If it's anything like WoW they have detailed logs that show them exactly where it went/what happened to it.
Reply Quote
Now we get to that point in which we discuss....

"It's better to leave 100 bad people free than to arrest an innocent." . Is this right? Probably...

I really believe there are a lot of people being truly hacked... specially because of the high gold value, but I agree with you as well.... there are probably a hand full of non-ethical people who abuse this aid just to dupe millions of gold or good items.

I don't know how blizzard studies each case... I really hope they have some thing to avoid that.
Reply Quote
No this is dumb because they will do their best to track the items. If there is any suspicious activity they will prob ban the other account and then give you back your items. If you want to risk that happening feel free to try but I don't think a major game company like Blizzard is completely unaware of people attempting to game the system.
Reply Quote
what is this, Maplestory?

@!!@# please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]