Diablo® III

Quit signing me into General chat

I'd rather not be smacked by a wall of gold sell spamming right when I log into Diablo 3 thank you very much. Prior to this latest patch, I had to manually join a channel if I wanted to. Now, I have to manually leave the channel. BAD IDEA! Quit signing me into chat against my will!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
^this
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We're looking to add functionality in a future patch that will "remember" if you've left General chat. It'll work similarly to World of Warcraft -- after you've left General chat once, you won't be automatically re-added to the channel whenever you next log in. It will essentially "opt you out" of the channel, but you'll still be able to re-join it manually.

If you see another player spamming or advertising in-game, though, be sure to use the right-click > Report > Spam option.
Edited by Lylirra on 6/1/2012 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
And then block communications, because reporting them for spam does not do it :P
Reply Quote
It doesn't barely work any ways. Any time I block someone, they just switch characters and pop right back up within minutes. On my block list I have the same BattleT name at least 3-4 times... It's really annoying. Blizzard should ban every one of them for life....
Reply Quote
I don't agree with the decision to auto join general with the current state of spammers. I would think blizzard would have held off on this choice to prevent a good amount of accidental exposure to gold farming sites.

I know I didn't see a single spam message until they started auto joining me into these channels. Its too bad!
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Lylirra
If you see another player spamming or advertising in-game, though, be sure to use the right-click > Report > Spam option.

Blizz, I report every time they spam, but its getting rediculous. its nightmares of D2 all over again. People are finally starting to use trade chat and now its getting spammed hard for 3rd party sites. PLEASE listen to the reports, take these people out, I cant stand spam that takes up the whole window....

its ruining your already feeble chat system, please save us.

Raynor
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 01:55 PMPosted by slaw
but you wanted a sense of community

A clean community not a !@#$ community
Reply Quote
We're looking to add functionality in a future patch that will "remember" if you've left General chat. It'll work similarly to World of Warcraft -- after you've left General chat once, you won't be automatically re-added to the channel whenever you next log in. It will essentially "opt you out" of the channel, but you'll still be able to re-join it manually.

I did this 4-5 times last night, and the same person spammed general all night.
Reply Quote
Why do you need to add functionality? Just make it the way it was. It's nothing but gold spammers and kids showing off there e-peen anyway.
Reply Quote

Or they could just un-do what they did to AUTOMATICALLY log us in. If we want to join a chat, we can do so on our own. I am not trying to sound snide, but personally I will never use it. I know a portion of this [forum] community is in agreement.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Can you add a feature to auto-ignore them when reporting them for spam, like WoW has?

I'm fine with blocking people, but that's an extra step and I'm not sure if there is a limit on how many you can block.... guess I could delete the old ones if I hit a wall.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
How can you use what is essentially the WoW chat system and manage to make it even worse than the Starcraft 2 chat?
Reply Quote

Oh no, you mentioned WoW

Not cool! :P
Reply Quote
Patch for automatically signing us into general chat, but not for enabling Elective mode by default. Is there some sort of ideas on a dartboard type committee that is making these genius decisions?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]