Diablo® III

Optimal settings on a 6870?

Hey all
I just upgraded from a 5450 to a 6870 and was wondering what people are finding the optimal settings to be? Especially the framerate cap, which I am not sure I fully understand yet. I do find that if it is too high and I get up to 150 fps for a bit and it drops back to 60-75 it will cause a stutter. Its not nearly as bad as when it would die to 15 fps on the 5450, but I would still like to optimize my gaming experience. I'm running with 4 GB ram, and an AMD Phenom II X4 (quad 3.2 Ghz) in case either of those will make a huge difference to answers.

Thanks all, and happy demon slaying!
Reply Quote
With your 6870 you should be able to run the game at max resolution and settings. I recommend disabling vsync, and enable AA. Your gaming experience is most likely effected by your RAM. What operating system and version (x32/x64) are you running? A x32 version caps your RAM at 4 gigs (including your Vcards ram).

There may also be a bottle neck at your processor. In short, I recommend upgrading your RAM if possible. If you're running x32 bit version of windows bump it up to x64 and slap in more ram. If your ram slots are full, swap out that ram for high end ram.

My system setup is

Intel i7 970 Oc'd to 4.4ghz
6870 in Xfire, OC"d to 980/1400
Win7 Ultimate x64
PCI E - RevoDrive2 SSD
24 gigs ram (16 recognized)
My in game FPS is around 200-300 depending on the zone and level of activty on screen.
Edited by Crydex#1491 on 6/2/2012 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Unless you somehow feel the need for seeing big FPS numbers, it may help / fix problems to leave VSync turned on, with framerate cap disabled.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]