Diablo® III

Max Potential-Inferno Barbarian (Act3&4 Done)

How much $$ did you spend on all this? Seems like it would be close to $1k USD.

Also @ pharmosh... why would he drop Sword/Shield... do you know how squishy he would become going from 51 % block to 0 % block

Well he could trade that for the dps he wants and kill mobs faster. There is no way you are going to die within 9 seconds if you use leap with armor, revenge and ignore pain. If you get high enough dps, mobs will die within 4 seconds in act 4. As for elites... Haha I cheat and use wrath and earthquake. Im sure theres a more legit solution to that problem though.
Reply Quote
Well... I disagree with a lot that you said, as I use a 2 hand and find that it works great. You say you are forced into being a tank but I think that is a self imposed limitation. Every time I join a public game, everyone is dying left and right. When I get to the zone, I usually have to solo some elite while everyone is dead and then carry the group. When I leave the group, the group disbands every single time and then I get messages asking if I can help them duo the quest that tehy are on.

But anyway, you can get much better gear if you dont get melee reduction and block gear. I think you will have no problems with a 2h.

Which fantasy/delusional world is this happening in? Act 3 in normal?

I can kill every mob in act 4 inferno (elites and bosses) no problemo.
Reply Quote
Dear pharmosh,

I totally agree block is limiting my selection of gear. that's just how it is at the moment.

Respect to you for being able to do 2 hander build and survive and do good dps.

Can you kill most elite packs in act 3 - 4 without dying once? Or in average how many times do you die fighting a pack? 2-3 times a pack maybe?

How much all resist, hp and melee reduction do you have? I assume you have 0 block because that is what you are suggesting.

Like i said if you have a build that works, i am more than happy to try out your path too :)

Can you please post your build, statistics and gear so that i can take a look? Much appreciated!
Reply Quote
Dear Suul,

I totally agree, if having best gear means i can play a dps role and take a decent among of hit i am all in. That was my hope when acquiring my gears but at this moment even with my gear i find it difficult to survive if i don't take the defense route :)
Reply Quote
Most elites I can do without dying (solo, grouping is another story depending on the group). Some of them I have to focus on only one mob if they kite me, then respawn and kill the other 2 or 3. Sometimes I die in act 4 if there are a lot of trash mobs because I get impatient and dont wait for ignore pain to pop. Sacrificing good skills on my build to include wrath+earthquake.

I have 70k hp, 64k dps, 10k armor, 1k'ish resists with enchanter and warcry. I am bidding on a new weapon which will give me 74k dps and some more HP.

Ill take a screenshot real quick.

http://i.imgur.com/IlPcI.jpg
(you can see skills there. I am using Ruthless, tough as nails and nerves of steel)

http://i.imgur.com/P3IdZ.png
I think my guy looks cool too :)
Edited by pharmosh#1233 on 6/3/2012 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Most elites I can do without dying (solo, grouping is another story depending on the group). Some of them I have to focus on only one mob if they kite me, then respawn and kill the other 2 or 3. Sometimes I die in act 4 if there are a lot of trash mobs because I get impatient and dont wait for ignore pain to pop. Sacrificing good skills on my build to include wrath+earthquake.

I have 70k hp, 64k dps, 10k armor, 1k'ish resists with enchanter and warcry. I am bidding on a new weapon which will give me 74k dps and some more HP.

Ill take a screenshot real quick.

Pharmosh speaks the truth. He is a god among DPS barbs.
Reply Quote
Dear pharmosh,

Very nice, i think i read your topic somewhere on the forum before.

Your method is cool but has to wait and make sure all CDs are off before jumping in at most encounters.

Just my own opinion i think a tank build is more welcome in group play though, the ranged player very much need good tanks in act 3 & 4. And i love group play. The game is done on solo so before pvp group play it is.

Also you need to consider pvp coming, i am working towards a build to prepare for that. I love pvp maybe you have / have no interest.

Like i said all the power to you for sticking to the dps route, good one!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Dear pharmosh,

Very nice, i think i read your topic somewhere on the forum before.

Your method is cool but has to wait and make sure all CDs are off before jumping in at most encounters.

Just my own opinion i think a tank build is more welcome in group play though, the ranged player very much need good tanks in act 3 & 4. And i love group play. The game is done on solo so before pvp group play it is.

Also you need to consider pvp coming, i am working towards a build to prepare for that. I love pvp maybe you have / have no interest.

Like i said all the power to you for sticking to the dps route, good one!

DPS seems like it would be a better spec for pvp though :-/

I mean if you build tank barb in arena, no one's going to target you lol...
Reply Quote
Thank you zero on such an amazing post. I was having troubles deciding on 2hander or 1hander & board in inferno. I know a streamer called rrowland can do all acts, i do see him die a bit more act 4. I along with you would love to dps, i feel some people out there love tanking, but for myself the low dps and you sit there for a minute or two just killing down a pack. Like all others i thought only resistance was the way to go. Level 50 is i spent 500k on all resistance gear. Stats looked like 250 resistance in it all 44k hp and sadly 1500 dps. I couldn't kill anything on my own and i just stat there and was a hitting dummy. I got really frustrated so i sold it all, and re bought gear. This time 200 resisitance 32k hp and 3.9k dps. Sadly enought i die a lot faster and dps you can really tell. Last night i went to the drawing board of what statistic i needed. Like you simply stated, block is so underrated.. watching "clips" my previous gear i blocked a lot of them time. few stats you stated in there that i think is a high value now, but i didn't back then. Attack speed, oh dear good thats such an amazing one. Reduce damage from elites or melee, that is a biggie. To get my questions i'm very proud your work and i can see i'm not alone.

Questions:

Arcane beams just light me up every time. resistance to all or anything knock down that damage, or those fire bombs, or the ones run and fire trails them. I'm dying to them a lot. (lag sometimes)

Spec: why did you go with such a spec? Can you tell me your thought process behind that??

Gear: Gear wise stormshield is what i'm saving up for! Now do i go out buy a crappy one or keep saving my shinny pennies until i get a decent one. What stats did you look for and how much do you think i should put in my budget. people say a great one is about 6 mil. I assume wepaon also improtant, but i hear string of ears is a must have also. people said you can get them for 800l=2 mil for decent ones. I just hit 60 so i am trying to get my feet on the ground.
last quest stat prioerty, when looking at gear what do you look for higher than others. Instance i'm always drawn to % block on sheilds. Weapon life on hit/dps/vit/str
thanks zero again!
Reply Quote
The cooldowns on wrath+earthquake are ok because I only use those on elites. It takes me longer than 2 minutes to go from elite to elite, so I am not waiting on these cooldowns. The ignore pain cooldown is 30 seconds and I will skip to a new group of mobs before it's up. Sometimes I will die if there are too many mobs and this cooldown is not ready. I think if I used cleave I would be ok, but I use frenzy for the dps on elites. Maybe if I replaced revenge with ground stomp or leap itd fix the problem but I like revenge.

Yes the tank build is probably more viable for group play, but they need to have good dps. When I join groups, I'm basically the super hero with double or triple the stats of every other player in the group, and this is act 3-4. I think I would get torn up with a shield/1hand in a group unless they had decent gear.

PvP will be interesting. I don't think one needs to be exclusively a 1hand/shield or exclusively 2hand. You can work towards having two gear sets for what you are doing. If your solution works best in PvP, I can guarantee I'm going to buy the same gear and use it as my set of PvP gear :)
Edited by pharmosh#1233 on 6/3/2012 6:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd love to see Pharmosh's gear setup.
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Jacob
I'd love to see Pharmosh's gear setup.

You can add me in game and inspect my gear. My friends list is full but ill delete someone to make 1 slot open for you Jacob, lol.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Nice post but the real deal here is that you have Gear that was all bought on the AH. I doubt you have one piece that you actually farmed yourself. Or at least you used bought gear to get to Inferno, I mean if we could all get the gear we could easily do what you have done. I am stuck on Inferno Act 1 with my Barbarian, like a lot of people trying to gold farm to buy gear good enough to do acts 2 through 4. There is no way at this point for Barbarians to get any gear in Act 1 that will sustain them in Act 2. So yeah while I'm cool with what you have done, because I'm currently doing the same thing, it's no big deal. The real deal is that for Barbarians the game is seriously harder. Some might even say broken. I switched over to a Demon Hunter so that I could kite and farm in Acts 2 through 4 for my Barbarian, which is something I shouldn't have to do. As far as skill goes there is no real skill to this game, all that matters is your gear. If you have the gear you will survive. If you don't have the gear you will die. It's as simple as that.
Reply Quote
Dear meveyshow

Thanks for finding the info i posted helpful. A lot of questions in you post, i will do my best to answer them.

1,500dps is way too low you already know that. Like you noticed, for my built attack speed is important too. I think i hit 2.0 per second, my heal on hit is like 617. At the moment my weapon has no heal on hit. My next weapon upgrade is to look for a 600+ heal on hit with a socket so that with a gem of another +600 i get 1200+ heal on hit from the weapon alone. With my existing gear i will then have 1800+ heal on hit. Anyway the point is, heal on hit is another statistics that i like and you may consider.

Another piece of information that i did not mentioned is, now that i am comfortable with my defense, for act 2 & 3 i actually uses berserker rage as my passive. My base dps of 17,000 + Frenzy + berserker rage my dps is buffed closer to 30,000 dps that i am looking at. So you are right, dps matters (attack speed increases your dps like you said), just that for me i would like to survive first before tuning for dps.

Now the result is that i have a more all round built with enough defense to tank act 3 & 4 (group play also) but still be able to have a dps near 30,000.

Arcane beams, fire bombs and fire trails and things like that actually my build can take quite a bit of those with no problem. That's why in group play people are amazing at how much damage i can take / avoid. Only act 4 arcane beams (solo & group play) bothers me more and i do make an effort to avoid them. In act 2 - 3 i stand in those for quite a bit nowadays and just continue to dps until i am alarmed with my health.

i would say stormshield is a must, try to get one that is >28%-32% block if you can. One with high life % would be great. As you can see my string of ears has the max 20% melee damage reduction. I used to have +30% melee reduction but i traded that for a bit more str somewhere.

Like i said the build i am trying to work on is a balanced build so at this stage for me it is hard to say which statistics is has priority over the other. But I guess "for my build", i value all resist / block, str / vit, attack speed /melee reduction, heal on hit...etc.

Again i hope all these helps you somehow!
Reply Quote
Dear maxxgold,

Yes Diablo is always about gear, well the same as WoW and all other games really. Skill does matter too but no gear no help either.

I purchase all my gear in AH as you said, i used to have gear from dropped but i replaced them already.

Like i said i the topic is about "what if you have the gears, how well do you perform". Since i am one of the lucky few i just though these info would help the community in some ways.

Thanks for your feedback.
Reply Quote
Just another piece of info. Like others has mentioned, with the crazy dps from DH, how are they going to balance pvp? I wonder this myself, because it will effect my decision on how i progress my gear and setup.

Blizzard, whatever you do, please do NOT come up with a concept of requiring us to chase another complete new set of "PVP gear" for that purpose. just because you have no solution to the pve / pvp balancing or you want to extend the play time of D3 in a lame way in asking us to grind for pvp set (the WoW solution to pve / pvp balancing).

Somehow i have a bad feeling about this....because i don't see how they can solve 220k dps vs melee defensive statistics issue (we have no chance at the moment).

I left WoW because of the crap they pull on warrior, warrior pvp is dead. We get kite and killed by junior wizard like there is no tomorrow, and they completely don't care about how much the warrior community has raged over the pvp problems for years.....please don't repeat this fate for us in D3!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
I agree with Pharmosh, no one knows how pvp will play out because no one knows what "tools" they plan to use to tune class balance. So at the moment which way works better, 2 hander or one hand + shield no one knows.
Reply Quote
Just another piece of info. Like others has mentioned, with the crazy dps from DH, how are they going to balance pvp? I wonder this myself, because it will effect my decision on how i progress my gear and setup.

Blizzard, whatever you do, please do NOT come up with a concept of requiring us to chase another complete new set of "PVP gear" for that purpose. just because you have no solution to the pve / pvp balancing or you want to extend the play time of D3 in a lame way in asking us to grind for pvp set (the WoW solution to pve / pvp balancing).

Somehow i have a bad feeling about this....because i don't see how they can solve 220k dps vs melee defensive statistics issue (we have no chance at the moment).

I left WoW because of the crap they pull on warrior, warrior pvp is dead. We get kite and killed by junior wizard like there is no tomorrow, and they completely don't care about how much the warrior community has raged over the pvp problems for years.....please don't repeat this fate for us in D3!!!!!!!!

Do you know what his HP and resists are at with 200k+ dps? I think it is fair if he has that much dps with no armor or HP, 1 weapon throw would kill him.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
06/03/2012 02:34 AMPosted by Wrath
I know this wasn't meant to be a talk about your gear, but your resists are kinda low. Your block chance is ungodly high, your armor is about where it should be, and your health seems fine, but your resists and life on hit could stand to be higher. Might be why you have some trouble further down the line?

Have you not read his post? He can tank fine, it's the damage that sucks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]