Diablo® III

Max Potential-Inferno Barbarian (Act3&4 Done)

06/03/2012 10:44 AMPosted by suriLL
sorry there china, thats not a top build, and you're stats are pretty !@#$ty, go buy some more gold and get more legendaries to look cool with.

It must suck to be both bad at D3 and also bad at trolling.

Thank you OP for the useful post/insight into the endgame.
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Grimraven
I hope you didn't buy gold with real cash, because that is exactly what promotes people getting hacked and getting their stuff stolen.

He didn't buy gold. He just said that he spent more time on the AH than playing the game.

For me this information is a bit depressing, but I found a fun way to play my barb. I will level 1-60 and start over once I finish act I inferno. WW crit build with 2h is very fun. And I only spend money on upgrading gems so its very cheap and each time I go through I'm stronger.
Reply Quote
sorry there china, thats not a top build, and you're stats are pretty !@#$ty, go buy some more gold and get more legendaries to look cool with.

It must suck to be both bad at D3 and also bad at trolling.

Thank you OP for the useful post/insight into the endgame.

Bobdole, i thank you for that!

Anyway I stated very clearly in my main post my intentions why i started this topic, the information i would like to share, and what this discussion is NOT about or i do not want it to be about.

Depending on the person and if you have an open mind or not, you either:
- Focus on my statistic as reference and enjoy a great game such as D3
- Construct meaningful discussion to brainstorm and share info among the community
- Understands that i am trying to send a message to Blizzard on how someone performs with the kind of gear set that i mentioned in hope that they will further improve the class that we love

- Or the only thing that catches some people's attention is how much i spent on gears and hate me for that (because of whatever reason only they know). By the way i did not hack or steal them Blizzard can check my auction log. There are many people who specifically indicated "how much" gold they spent on this forum and they did not get hold against. Specifically in another post i saw the other day the person mentioned he spent 1 billion+ gold (i am sure some one else read that too) and no one tells him to pi@s off. I was already alarm and never indicate how much gold i spent (not what this post is all about).

I thank you to all who respected what i am doing here and stick to the topic. I did try to be polite throughout my post and not pi@s off anyone so that we can keep this topic going and i can actually answer some of the posts with meaningful information.
Edited by Zero#1230 on 6/4/2012 1:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Zero,

Great post. Liked. I'm stuck in Inferno Act 3 like many end-game Barbs.

Question:
Any Enchantress tips? What is your Enchantress gear setup/spec?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
06/03/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Zero
By the way i did not hack or steal them Blizzard can check my auction log.

I didn't accuse you for stealing gold, it just seemed as if you bought the gold, but since you clarified that you didn't I apologize for making such assumptions.

By the way, I found your post very helpful and I thank you for that.
Reply Quote
There is definitely a way to make 2h work, just need better stats to compensate lack of shield. But block isn't that good against hard hitting elites, it can only absorb as much as shield block amount equals, and they hit lot harder, even if you have 1000 resist and 10k def.
Also uniques are far from the best gear in the game, there can be rares with 300 stats and 80 resist all, on every slot. Such character will roflstomp act4 inferno easily, it is just sheer power of stats. You can get 100k health and 100k damage, with over 1000 resist and 15k armor. Just look at the affix tables, and not even pick the absolute best combos, just a decent top rolls with 3 mods on items. We are very far from decent gear yet.
Reply Quote
I have been playing D3 daily on MY barb since it came out. I am currently on Inferno act 1 and just about finished. I don't see how you can get that much gold to buy top gear from AH.. Please give me some insight. I can farm about 100k gold an hour and I attempt to undercut everyone on AH with items I sell but still can’t even get enough gold to get even a Stormshield. Biggest money item i sold was like 90k and I probably got lucky to get that much. It’s at the point now where all i do is run same things over and over to get gold really becoming frustrating. I have put in some long nights farming gold. Plus I don’t have a stable of friends playing wiz or DH to give me upgrades. It is pretty much all on me.

I don't want to give up on D3 because I believe it still has so much potential. I am just stubborn enough not to quit or change toons so that is out question. With the gold I have gotten so far I have had to make several upgrades just to keep progressing. When i see a quality item on AH for 20-30 Mil I can’t believe anyone really has that much on hand to purchase it. I am not the greatest player but i can usually hold my own in these types of games. I guess my question is. Is grinding the only way for me to get that amount of gold? Thanks for any input
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
06/03/2012 02:12 PMPosted by wolves
s grinding the only way for me to get that amount of gold?

no, you camp auction house and wait for people to list great items for the price they don't realize is way too low for what the item is worth

you buy that item instantly and re-list it for 5x the price you bought and sell it for profit
Reply Quote
Zero,
Can i be your sidekick? lol...51% block?! wow..guess i still got a lot to catch up..
By the way can i know how you keep enemy aiming at you instead of your allies? Sometimes those wild pack run alot and fast :(...and the annoying Wasp is one of it.

Ignore pain? is bad?
Edited by DaAccountant#6564 on 6/3/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have been playing D3 daily on MY barb since it came out. I am currently on Inferno act 1 and just about finished. I don't see how you can get that much gold to buy top gear from AH.. Please give me some insight. I can farm about 100k gold an hour and I attempt to undercut everyone on AH with items I sell but still can’t even get enough gold to get even a Stormshield. Biggest money item i sold was like 90k and I probably got lucky to get that much. It’s at the point now where all i do is run same things over and over to get gold really becoming frustrating. I have put in some long nights farming gold. Plus I don’t have a stable of friends playing wiz or DH to give me upgrades. It is pretty much all on me.

I don't want to give up on D3 because I believe it still has so much potential. I am just stubborn enough not to quit or change toons so that is out question. With the gold I have gotten so far I have had to make several upgrades just to keep progressing. When i see a quality item on AH for 20-30 Mil I can’t believe anyone really has that much on hand to purchase it. I am not the greatest player but i can usually hold my own in these types of games. I guess my question is. Is grinding the only way for me to get that amount of gold? Thanks for any input

No i don't grind on purpose. The gold is too little. What i did was i started real early playing the AH. I spend most of my time in the AH rather than playing the game. At the beginning my DH friends were giving me all sorts of things to sell at the AH for me to get a kick start.

I then use the initial few millions that i got to focus on trading legendary / top rare items only. At the beginning people do not know the value of the items and i was able to capture on those and made a bulk of gold. Then i continue to focus on most expensive items trading only.

- I stayed up late and catch the amazing deals when no one had a chance to see them.

- I focus and trade big items only to try to maximize on the profit margin (no time to look up everything right?). That's why i have many legendary items because i know them well (market value vs statistics vs what buyers look for) and i am able to capture on the good deals and retain the ones i need for my own use.

- There are a few specific most expansive items in the game that novoice will post with a very low price and i initial put my focus on those. I am not going to name them all, but i give you one example. One item that i focus on is the stormshield - At the beginning, some people overlook the block % near the top right of the item description. They posted 28% - 32% block chance shield for amazing prices (for example: they do not see str or vit and they think the shields are crap) and i was able to make good profits from buyer who knows better.

- Like the stormshield that i mentioned above, i focus on 10 - 15 most expensive items in the AH and re-fresh the search like crazy every night for hours. Sometimes boring but how much you put in is how much you make. Just like in real life.

You just have to be smart in choosing the under value items (expansive ones) and focus on them. I will say most of the well gear characters do the same as me and spend untold amount of time in the AH when quite of lot of people are doing runs and farming inside the game.

Good luck and i hope this piece of information helps!
Edited by Zero#1230 on 6/4/2012 1:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Grimraven
By the way i did not hack or steal them Blizzard can check my auction log.

I didn't accuse you for stealing gold, it just seemed as if you bought the gold, but since you clarified that you didn't I apologize for making such assumptions.

By the way, I found your post very helpful and I thank you for that.

I thank you for this!!
Reply Quote
I know this wasn't meant to be a talk about your gear, but your resists are kinda low. Your block chance is ungodly high, your armor is about where it should be, and your health seems fine, but your resists and life on hit could stand to be higher. Might be why you have some trouble further down the line?

Like you said though, your gear isn't top-tier, so as you improve I'm sure you would have fewer issues, though it can be frustrating that ranged classes can go through without issue while barbarian is so gear dependent, a grind is required, not an aid.

Did you know you can block spells?
Reply Quote
Hey Zero,nice topic,sick as hell gear too!
I'd like to ask you a few questions,more like,asking for your opinion on barbs

Do you think the class is underpowered?
Do you think its endgame role is being an impenetrable wall of defense with a toothbrush as your weapon?(Aka having abysmally low dps with very high survival stats,no chance at killing anything,just going into melee and holding leftmouse for 4 mins for 1 mob)
Do you think this is fun?
Do you think fury spenders and fury itself are broken?

Your open input on these questions would clear up a lot of things on barbarian's place in the game,because I see tons of people doing these "l2p this is not wow" and "inferno is ment to be hard" and "farm more gear" topics and they greatly infuriate me, because they seem utterly bull!@#$,yet I cannot prove this yet.
Reply Quote
Zero,
Can i be your sidekick? lol...51% block?! wow..guess i still got a lot to catch up..
By the way can i know how you keep enemy aiming at you instead of your allies? Sometimes those wild pack run alot and fast :(...and the annoying Wasp is one of it.

Ignore pain? is bad?

I myself struggle between choosing ignore pain or threatening shout. Ignore pain's 65% damage reduction is very attractive indeed. But 5-7s active vs 30s CD is what puts me off. In act 3 & 4 facing elite, i prefer the consistent up time of threatening shouts' 20% less damage. There were situations where i noticed i get killed during the down time of ignore pain's 23-25s (too much imo).

There you go. At the end my build is about defense, not dying and put out above average dps. Consistency is important in act 3 and 4 let me tell you that. you do not know what mob type is around the corner, i hope this is clear, tks!
Reply Quote
Just a bit of thought about pvp, since people seem that worried about 200k+ DPS Demonhunters.
Lets say we have this demonhunter with some mad 250k DPS.
A lot of that is actually from their passive talent Sharpshooter, boosts DPS a ton, lets you crit 100% after a while. On top of that they stack critdmg and attackspeed, which result in really high DPS. What matters for PvP tho, is the raw damage behind that DPS.
If you have your 250k DPS, how high can you actually crit with that? 250 k DPS doesn't mean each hit will actually do 250k damage. A lot of mobs in game actually have that much attack, just plain raw damage, and with enough resistances and block/block value we know what we get from a single hit.
If you actually pop iron leap/IP against even a mad geared Demon Hunter AND you actually block, i would hardly be surprised if he can't do any damage at all, since with IP up and an average block value of 4k, most of the raw damage he can actually do will be completely nullified.
Reply Quote
Just a bit of thought about pvp, since people seem that worried about 200k+ DPS Demonhunters.
Lets say we have this demonhunter with some mad 250k DPS.
A lot of that is actually from their passive talent Sharpshooter, boosts DPS a ton, lets you crit 100% after a while. On top of that they stack critdmg and attackspeed, which result in really high DPS. What matters for PvP tho, is the raw damage behind that DPS.
If you have your 250k DPS, how high can you actually crit with that? 250 k DPS doesn't mean each hit will actually do 250k damage. A lot of mobs in game actually have that much attack, just plain raw damage, and with enough resistances and block/block value we know what we get from a single hit.
If you actually pop iron leap/IP against even a mad geared Demon Hunter AND you actually block, i would hardly be surprised if he can't do any damage at all, since with IP up and an average block value of 4k, most of the raw damage he can actually do will be completely nullified.

I love talking about pvp, i see myself focus on that once it comes live.

Very interesting what you have wrote. Just the single factor of DH damage vs how well block does against them i would love to find out. But right now there is no way to tell. Like i mentioned in early posts if they somehow decided to roll out "pvp specific gear set", then there is nothing to talk about here. i just feel sorry that we all have to work all over again to get those gears and i hope this will do happen.

Thanks for your input!
Reply Quote
Hey Zero,nice topic,sick as hell gear too!
I'd like to ask you a few questions,more like,asking for your opinion on barbs

Do you think the class is underpowered?
Do you think its endgame role is being an impenetrable wall of defense with a toothbrush as your weapon?(Aka having abysmally low dps with very high survival stats,no chance at killing anything,just going into melee and holding leftmouse for 4 mins for 1 mob)
Do you think this is fun?
Do you think fury spenders and fury itself are broken?

Your open input on these questions would clear up a lot of things on barbarian's place in the game,because I see tons of people doing these "l2p this is not wow" and "inferno is ment to be hard" and "farm more gear" topics and they greatly infuriate me, because they seem utterly bull!@#$,yet I cannot prove this yet.

Dear Nordixx,

Very interesting, i would like to comment on your questions in full. I am at work now and just about to go into a meeting. I will put more time into replying this when i get home. Please do come back later to view my reply. Thanks for your understanding!
Reply Quote
I doubt that there will be such a set and currently there isn't that much we could actually do in terms of gearing towards pvp.
Fact is tho, while our CD's are up, there isn't much that can actually damage us at all atm.
Even a 500k crit (which something u can definitely do, just probably not easy and frequently) would get completely nullified while IP is running and you block while rolling a good block value.

80% DR from armor
80% DR from phys res (maybe 75% all res, since not every attack is purely physical)
30% DR from beeing a melee class
maybe 10% less damage from ranged attacks due to gear (there ain't no String of Ears for equivalent ranged reduction afaik)
and 65% from IP

500k * 0.2 = 100k
100k * 0.2 = 20k
20k * 0.7 = 14k
14k * 0.9 = 12.6k
12.6k * 0.35 = 4410

And since the strongest shields range from 3.8 to 4.7k block value, you can indeed completely negate even the strongest hits.
And all that is coming from a class that will probably die from anything you throw at them.
Reply Quote
I doubt that there will be such a set and currently there isn't that much we could actually do in terms of gearing towards pvp.
Fact is tho, while our CD's are up, there isn't much that can actually damage us at all atm.
Even a 500k crit (which something u can definitely do, just probably not easy and frequently) would get completely nullified while IP is running and you block while rolling a good block value.

80% DR from armor
80% DR from phys res (maybe 75% all res, since not every attack is purely physical)
30% DR from beeing a melee class
maybe 10% less damage from ranged attacks due to gear (there ain't no String of Ears for equivalent ranged reduction afaik)
and 65% from IP

500k * 0.2 = 100k
100k * 0.2 = 20k
20k * 0.7 = 14k
14k * 0.9 = 12.6k
12.6k * 0.35 = 4410

And since the strongest shields range from 3.8 to 4.7k block value, you can indeed completely negate even the strongest hits.
And all that is coming from a class that will probably die from anything you throw at them.

i'll not be surprise that barbs and monks will be OP when pvp comes out, since we are forced to balance out stats to progress, while ranged classes ONLY has to stack damage.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
so basically I need to spend at least 100 million gold to clear inferno

cool
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]