Diablo® III

Max Potential-Inferno Barbarian (Act3&4 Done)

If you were to buy his gear now you would spend over 100 million. Nothing to see here, move along.
Reply Quote
My Barbarian has run into the same issue as i'd say 95% of other barbarians in Act2 Inferno. He dies to crappy normal mobs in 5-6 hits.
I've been looking through many Barb inferno guides and this one by zero seems the most sensible.
To finish and farm inferno acts you NEED to save your moneys and buy a stormsheild (see pic) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/stormshield.png/sr=1
It's not enough to have 50k hp, 10,000 armor, 800-1000 res, because like I've found you still melt to mobs and especially elites.
So farm the FARK outta Act1 or use another lvl60 hero to farm later acts or do the little tricks I see happening like the loot goblin spawning in specific outdoor area Act2 seemingly 50% of time or Act4 path crystal spire bosses that spawn from ghosts of characters (barb goes in with HUGE 2 hander and earthquakes with high crit to kill boss then res's to collect loot) these last 2 would require a friend in these later stages to give you way points. But yeah bottom line is FARM a stormsheild and get that chance to block and block amount UP, UP, UPPPP. Then you can tank, and kill slowly dealing sweet stuff all dmg :(
Reply Quote
Hello,

I'd like to start by saying thanks to both Zero and Pharmosh on there posts really has placed a benchmark for me, I've been stuck on act 2 of inferno for like 3 days now! lol.
That one I'll thank blizzard for later!!

At the moment I've been building towards a tank build unfortunately it's sacraficed a fairbit of armor and dps, I'm pretty much regarded a walking punching bag (not the fun play i was looking for!).

@ Zero how is it possible that you have farmed that much gear o.O it's amazing that your so ahead, thanks for the gear breakdown looks like a great way to go.

@ Pharmosh , think you can post a breakdown of your gear build, i'd love to take the dps route if it's a viable option and your build looks like a great benchmark, if not think i can add you?

Thanks everyone yet again.

Always nice to see people who finds the information me and Pharmosh posted helpful. By the way I just read the 1.03 patch note, it seems like soon i may be able to have fun group playing act 3 & 4 just like act 2.

I think both my build and Pharmosh's build will be much more enjoyable with the changes. I basically will not die even in group act 4 and my party members should be able to survive better to dps. And Pharmosh's build we know about his dps and at the same time he will die much less. So yeah, more viable builds means more fun for all of us, great!
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 04:28 AMPosted by CRUNKCMDR
you weren't kidding, you're wearing like 50mil in gear lol

More than that.

32% SS is worth like 20m itself.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:16 AMPosted by SgtPepper
Oh and My dps is around 15K. Forgot to mention that part. Any help from Zero or Pharmosh would be greatly appreciated.

I'll let Zero answer this as it is his thread and it looks like you're going the 1H/shield route (I use a 2H weapon).
Reply Quote
Zero/pharmosh, do you feel a monk in equal gear (favoring more dex / dodge) would be more viable end game?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
A very interesting read written by a person of quality.

I not only learned a lot in this thread I also appreciated your attitude and helpfullness.

A nice hello from Montreal. Thanks m8

P.S. Tryin to farm to get my block and loh on par...

Edit: typos
Edited by Vapala#1688 on 6/6/2012 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Been reading and following your suggestions for a barb build and I suppose i have a question or two. My current stats are roughly 900 resist all, 37k hp, 32%block n 1200 life on hit but i still seem to be dieing in the later acts. Ive been trying your Skill Builds as a 1 hander n shield user but I still die from trash packs in 3 & 4. Any suggestions on what I should focus more on? Like drop some resist for more Vit? Appreciate any tips you have

Ok first of all 37k hp is def a bit low for act 3 & 4, so i would advice to up that a little. I have 52k which is not a lot compare to other people. I would say 45k - 60k is what you should look for (vary depending on your all resist / block).

Focusing on the scenario that you mentioned: trash packs in 3 & 4, with my skill options (my skill build) and my defensive statistics i do not recall the last time (meaning it's been awhile) i died among a trash pack of let say 20 -25 (without elites among them of course). Not even in 3 & 4 group play.

I commented on hp already. The other thing is block, if we are talking about a trash pack of 20 -25 (remember these deal melee damage mostly), when you have so many mobs dealing damage to you at the same time i "suspect" block is more useful then all resist in situation like this. I die among trash pack before i had high enough block in the past, but not anymore. The block % you have (32%) is kind of in the middle...either you don't stack on it or try to get it to 40% - 45%.

When you have 45k - 50k hp, 40% - 45% block, even a lower amount of all resist let say 750 - 800 i think you will notice the difference. Good luck.

* Oh i forgot i have ~26% melee damage reduction too, so...it is not something you should overlook, get some if you can.
Edited by Zero#1230 on 6/6/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Zero I really appreciate your input on my build. Ill have to begin my hunt for some new upgrades.

Thanks Again
Reply Quote
My Barbarian has run into the same issue as i'd say 95% of other barbarians in Act2 Inferno. He dies to crappy normal mobs in 5-6 hits.
I've been looking through many Barb inferno guides and this one by zero seems the most sensible.
To finish and farm inferno acts you NEED to save your moneys and buy a stormsheild (see pic) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/stormshield.png/sr=1
It's not enough to have 50k hp, 10,000 armor, 800-1000 res, because like I've found you still melt to mobs and especially elites.
So farm the FARK outta Act1 or use another lvl60 hero to farm later acts or do the little tricks I see happening like the loot goblin spawning in specific outdoor area Act2 seemingly 50% of time or Act4 path crystal spire bosses that spawn from ghosts of characters (barb goes in with HUGE 2 hander and earthquakes with high crit to kill boss then res's to collect loot) these last 2 would require a friend in these later stages to give you way points. But yeah bottom line is FARM a stormsheild and get that chance to block and block amount UP, UP, UPPPP. Then you can tank, and kill slowly dealing sweet stuff all dmg :(

Yes, definitely, stormshield is the only must have item really. I know some good rare shield has high block too but remember stormshield has some other crazy damage reduction figures on it. Statistics on my stormshield:

32% block
89 str
66 all resist
+13 % life
+7% block chance
4% melee damage reduction
5% damage reduction by all elites

Wait for a good deal to appear, do not jump on it, they are so expensive now you do not want to "exchange for a better one" at a later stage like you do with armor pieces...lol
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:42 AMPosted by pharmosh
Oh and My dps is around 15K. Forgot to mention that part. Any help from Zero or Pharmosh would be greatly appreciated.

I'll let Zero answer this as it is his thread and it looks like you're going the 1H/shield route (I use a 2H weapon).

Yeah i forgot to comment on that part. 15k dps is not bad for a tankish build. Remember reading others saying they have 8k, 10k or 12k? I have 17.6k or something like that. I know i can get another 200 - 300 str by swapping some armor pieces, once i do that together with frenzy & berserker rage i hope i can come closer to 30k. But like me, i am only tuning my dps now after i am comfortable with my defense. We chose this route so i suggest work on your defense first, 15k dps is fine at this stage (ok Pharmosh is laughing at us now, lol).
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Kallell
Zero/pharmosh, do you feel a monk in equal gear (favoring more dex / dodge) would be more viable end game?

I have a monk at level one...you know what, my "guess" is that if i have a monk in equal gear, i don't know if he will do better but i am pretty sure he will be able to perform at the same level as "my" Barbarian.

I have personally grouped with a monk who does as well as me in terms of defense. Maybe it is just me, when i am standing still tanking normally i take a look at how fast other players hp decrease compare to mine....just to see how strong the guy is you know, his hp is full most of the time just like mine so yeah i would say monk is indeed a very strong and playable class too.
Reply Quote
A very interesting read written by a person of quality.

I not only learned a lot in this thread I also appreciated your attitude and helpfullness.

A nice hello from Montreal. Thanks m8

P.S. Tryin to farm to get my block and loh on par...

Edit: typos

Dear Montreal,

Thank you so much for popping in just to show your support mate, good one! Good luck and i hope you get a drop on a stormshield with 30%+ block!
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Zero

I have a monk at level one...you know what, my "guess" is that if i have a monk in equal gear, i don't know if he will do better but i am pretty sure he will be able to perform at the same level as "my" Barbarian.

I have personally grouped with a monk who does as well as me in terms of defense. Maybe it is just me, when i am standing still tanking normally i take a look at how fast other players hp decrease compare to mine....just to see how strong the guy is you know, his hp is full most of the time just like mine so yeah i would say monk is indeed a very strong and playable class too.

Thank you. I see many many monks complain that barbs are far superior, but i honestly can't see it that way given equal gear.
Reply Quote
Zero I really appreciate your input on my build. Ill have to begin my hunt for some new upgrades.

Thanks Again

You are welcome, I work so i may not be able to reply immediately. But if i see them i will do my best in answering the questions. Good luck!
Edited by Zero#1230 on 6/6/2012 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
lol 100 mil in gear of course its ez
Reply Quote
Sword and board is boring. Did people really roll a Barbarian with the intention of being a "tanky" character that simply stunned and distracted while others killed the demons? I like the melee play style far more then ranged, but Barbarian in this game right now is definitely not what I was expecting (from a D2 stand point). I hope that with the up coming character balance patch later this month Barbarians will see improvements. The amount of survival ability we have means we should not be able to put out 100k or 200k DPS like Demon Hunters, but it should fix the fundamental flaws with this class, the most glaring problem being the fact our fury spending skills are useless in inferno. It feels like right now Barbarians are going completely against the design philosophy of this game with being pigeonholed into one or two specs with certain skills being 100% required to stand a chance. Blizzard HAS to fix this, or long term I and many others will probably not stick with Barbarians.

Also, the upcoming changes to group play (monster damage not being increased in multi player games) will fix your issues with groups in later acts.

Yes can't wait to see how my character performs after 1.03 changes. I may be able to wear berserker rage at all times and have WotB to replace threatening shout if possible. I am going to be reasonable with my expectation though, if i prefer to be able to tank everything all i want is to be allowed to use "some" offensive skills to up my dps a little but i will not be looking to compete with an all out dps build. But at least then we may mess around with more builds, hopefully.
Edited by Zero#1230 on 6/6/2012 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I didn't read all the post here but great post OP.
This is interesting to see that even with god-like gear., the game is not "easy" at the end.

I don't think that game was really tested on End-Inferno at Blizz. That explain a lot of things...

Good job OP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]