Diablo® III

Max Potential-Inferno Barbarian (Act3&4 Done)

hmm... yes i am using the same build as yours to survive act 3, but i get smoked in a few seconds :(

is the block amount really that important? 1000 more?

also, since block is capped at around 4000 max, does it mean that stacking life and vit is useless? so stacking damage mitigation is more important?

also, do you use the concept of effective health? because i find it weird that the calculator says 300 vit = 200 all resist. but 300 vit is about 10k life. and judging how fast my life went down just by standing in plague land, i don't think it will save me.

btw, when you stand in the plague lands, does your life drop fast?

Ok i check up all my statistics again in hope to give you more info. I have also updated my main post to include a more detail break down of all of my statistics for easy referencing. They are as follow:

- 9% Elite mob damage reduction (* hidden from statistics tab, derived from items desc *)
- 51% Block
- 26.26% Melee reduced damage
- 42% Total life bonus
- 19% Crowd control reduction
- 3790 Block amount
- 2.0 Attack speed
- 8500 Armor
- 17,600 Dps
- 53,000 Health
- 600 All resist
- 617 Heal on hit
- 900 Life regen per second
- 18% Dodge
- 74% Overall damage reduction
- 516 Thorns

Some of the statistics you may not be aware of when comparing our setup initially, but now you can do a more detail comparison. One interesting thing is that i also included the fact that i have a 9% elite mob damage reduction from my items (which is not bad) considering elites are what's causing problems. This and other things that we have differences in are the factors that you may further look into. Hope this further helps you with your problem solving!
Edited by Zero#1230 on 6/7/2012 4:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I disagree with a lot of this.

First of all.. This guy seems to think that we're tanks, which in a sense we are, BUT. There is NO agro table in this game. I've literally watched it. Beating on a pack of mobs for quite a while and the second my friend comes into play, mobs instantly leave me.

The OP is MORE than likely an EX MT of a WOW guild who still thinks he's playing wow.

People talk about how godly nerves of steel is, but have you actually looked at the DR it gives you? Same with Tough as nails. Given my "gears" (LMFAO dumb korean...) aren't really GREAT, but wow, a whole 6-10% DR vs the possible 25% crit rate and heal from WW/rend?

Blizz took so long to release this game because they were balancing it to however you wanted to play.

There are MANY different ways to be good, MANY, MANY, MANY different ways.

You're getting stuck on something in inferno on what... week 2? or 3 is it since release?

SUPRISE!!!!! blizz didn't want you to beat it in a week flat.

Besides, have you looked at this fools gear? He either had a LOT of friends feeding him or bought gold from... his countrymen.

And BTW.

YOU AREN'T PROGRESSING IF YOUR LOOKING ON FORUMS FOR SOMEONE TO TELL YOU HOW TO PLAY.
Edited by GrimReefeer#1991 on 6/8/2012 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quick question, how does life steal compares to LOH?
Reply Quote
Just wanted to say thanks Zero, have had this bookmarked since you posted - don't listen to the bitter folks above me
Reply Quote
@pharmosh: Could you please link an screenshot of your gear? I'm interested in how do you get this amazing crit stats?
Reply Quote
Wow, I am surprise to see this topic on page one again.

*** Dartalex, thanks for your support, good one!

A little info for for all who supported this topic and may still be interested on how my toon is progressing.

I am now in progress of re-working on my toon (to ride with the changes in upcoming 1.03). For all who read this post knows my build do well in tanking but cannot kill things fast enough. I am now trying to adjust that and hope to come up with a new setup that can tank as well as before but do much more dps.

i had 17,600 dps as i started this post, and now with the changes i made in the last week I am near 30,000 dps already. I am still working on pushing it further.

My idea is that, I don't really care if i am using a one hand weapon or two hand weapon. I just want to be able to tank and at the same time do good dps. I asked myself if that is possible and i think the answer is yes.

I still do not want to go the 2 hander route because i like to die less and i would prefer not to have to change skills when facing trash / elitles / boss (i find that it breaks my play too often), i want a setup that i can use no matter what mob is around the corner, i want a setup that i can use no matter if i am doing solo / group, one setup for all if possible (I am lazy, lol).

The setup i am now working towards:
- Maintain my old ~50% block, ~20% melee reduction
- Increase hp further, now at 53,000
- Increase all resist a little, 1000+ with war cry
- Increase strength
- Increase dps to hopefully around 40,000
- Increase weapon speed to ~2.4
- Re-focus on crit change and crit damage (my old build pretty much skipped these)

Basically a hybrid build that can tank and do 40,000 - 50,000 dps (unbuffed) - i will tune it best i can.

Once i am done modifying my setup i may share the new build for further brainstorming, good luck and have fun people!!!
Edited by Zero#1230 on 6/10/2012 7:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey, Can't thank you enough for this post bro, has helped me more than you know! Good lookin out.
Reply Quote
Hry Zero can you post your new hybrid build? haha =D
Reply Quote
Hi Zero....I read your post and copied your spec.
As I dont have your gear, I right away noticed the difference...so thanks.
People, like you, put a lot of effort in this and best thing is, you are willing to share it (wasting time to post this while you could play more :P).

So thanks again, dont listen to those nabs who are negative about this....cause if they know it better...where is thier post????? o.O

I am gonna grind for the gear,will take some time but sooner or later I will get there.
I cleared ACT II (thanks to your build etc) but now I need to grind for act III...I get 1 shotted by the fire bolts at start of Act III :P

Peace out!

Aszgard
Reply Quote
I find ur post abit ridicilous.....I think im pretty nooby,but I got these stats as a tank barbarian:
-8.8k arm
-135k hp(with +79 life%,if I remember corretly)
-600-650 all ress
-8.5k dps
-1k hp per sec
-27% block chance
-2.7-3.7k block amount
-14.7% dodge
Skills:
- Frenzy (Sidearm)
- Revenge (Provocation)
- War Cry (Impunity)
- Leap (Death from above)
- Overpower(Revel)
- Battle rage (Marauders rage)

Passives:
-Nerves of steel
-Superstition
-Inspiring presence

And as I said my gear is nooby,costed me maybe 2-3mil to buy.And when your bragging about your "high" dps;It doenst really matter with a tank barbarian,since you can,with proper gear,tank all inferno mob packs and bosses.So if ur dps is 6k or 16k it doesnt matter,as long as you can just tank everything and do dmg faster than they regen(if they regen),and im saying even 6k is enought!So I suggest you should take a look again on your gear.Im not saying its bad but im saying your knowing about a tank barbarian is.

And to add on my gear,give me your cash and ill show what a true tank barbarian looks like.Im saying I dont have to cash whats needed to build a real tank barbarian,but I sure as hell know what they should have as gear and skills.
Reply Quote
I find ur post abit ridicilous.....I think im pretty nooby,but I got these stats as a tank barbarian:
-8.8k arm
-135k hp(with +79 life%,if I remember corretly)
-600-650 all ress
-8.5k dps
-1k hp per sec
-27% block chance
-2.7-3.7k block amount
-14.7% dodge
Skills:
- Frenzy (Sidearm)
- Revenge (Provocation)
- War Cry (Impunity)
- Leap (Death from above)
- Overpower(Revel)
- Battle rage (Marauders rage)

Passives:
-Nerves of steel
-Superstition
-Inspiring presence

And as I said my gear is nooby,costed me maybe 2-3mil to buy.And when your bragging about your "high" dps;It doenst really matter with a tank barbarian,since you can,with proper gear,tank all inferno mob packs and bosses.So if ur dps is 6k or 16k it doesnt matter,as long as you can just tank everything and do dmg faster than they regen(if they regen),and im saying even 6k is enought!So I suggest you should take a look again on your gear.Im not saying its bad but im saying your knowing about a tank barbarian is.

And to add on my gear,give me your cash and ill show what a true tank barbarian looks like.Im saying I dont have to cash whats needed to build a real tank barbarian,but I sure as hell know what they should have as gear and skills.

retard... this guy had this more than a month ago, about 2 weeks or so after game launch...

and fyi, ur barb is nothing even in today's standard.
Reply Quote
View profile
Lol this post so nostalgic.

@prenasus: read b4 you post. SERVED!
Reply Quote
And as I said many times,I got noobish gear.Didnt say I have the perfect gear.AND I was judging his knowledge on tank barbarian,not his gear
Reply Quote
View profile
Wow, I am surprise to see this topic on page one again.

*** Dartalex, thanks for your support, good one!

A little info for for all who supported this topic and may still be interested on how my toon is progressing.

I am now in progress of re-working on my toon (to ride with the changes in upcoming 1.03). For all who read this post knows my build do well in tanking but cannot kill things fast enough. I am now trying to adjust that and hope to come up with a new setup that can tank as well as before but do much more dps.

i had 17,600 dps as i started this post, and now with the changes i made in the last week I am near 30,000 dps already. I am still working on pushing it further.

My idea is that, I don't really care if i am using a one hand weapon or two hand weapon. I just want to be able to tank and at the same time do good dps. I asked myself if that is possible and i think the answer is yes.

I still do not want to go the 2 hander route because i like to die less and i would prefer not to have to change skills when facing trash / elitles / boss (i find that it breaks my play too often), i want a setup that i can use no matter what mob is around the corner, i want a setup that i can use no matter if i am doing solo / group, one setup for all if possible (I am lazy, lol).

The setup i am now working towards:
- Maintain my old ~50% block, ~20% melee reduction
- Increase hp further, now at 53,000
- Increase all resist a little, 1000+ with war cry
- Increase strength
- Increase dps to hopefully around 40,000
- Increase weapon speed to ~2.4
- Re-focus on crit change and crit damage (my old build pretty much skipped these)

Basically a hybrid build that can tank and do 40,000 - 50,000 dps (unbuffed) - i will tune it best i can.

Once i am done modifying my setup i may share the new build for further brainstorming, good luck and have fun people!!!

good 30k dps is a strong start i started increasing mine after finishing diablo my block was 10%lower than yours but ive made my barb 30% to dodge with high resists right now im making a tank/ww build proving to be expensive but my dps is close to 80k now 1400loh and 1k resists ill post my finished build once im done testing it
Reply Quote
how can you be possibly forced to play as a tank, I play through act 3 mp 7, without wearing my IK chest( recently sold it) instead of going for a tank is, go for fps, life steal, loh and life regen. the skorn which isn't in my profile now, is a 1300+dps skorn with 193%cd and 1890 loh, I also got 3% life steal from my belt, at 95k dps and always critting for 700-900k with HotA, I get 2100life regen + 1890 on hit + 21k steal -> 25K life per sec, no need for a tank
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 11:16 AMPosted by prowner
how can you be possibly forced to play as a tank, I play through act 3 mp 7, without wearing my IK chest( recently sold it) instead of going for a tank is, go for fps, life steal, loh and life regen. the skorn which isn't in my profile now, is a 1300+dps skorn with 193%cd and 1890 loh, I also got 3% life steal from my belt, at 95k dps and always critting for 700-900k with HotA, I get 2100life regen + 1890 on hit + 21k steal -> 25K life per sec, no need for a tank

WOW NECRO THREAD!!

You do realize this is more than 5 months old right? There was no MP... Back when this was made, that was the only way to play in inferno... back when it was actually hard.
Reply Quote
Hey!

Well I need help with my gearing. My gear is not great or dont even know if it is good. But the thing is i do really want to play with the monster level +5 hopefully someday 10 :) but as you see my barbarian aint geared up right...

So is there any guru who might know a thing or two about gears and could point me to the right direction?

Like witch gear I should change first and as for budget maybe 20 mil?! Is it even possible?
Do i even have any gear thats good enough?

And whats the weakest. I think i need more life, cause i die very much instantly on the harder mp's.

Thanks in advance
Hope fully I'll be owning the !@#$ out of the mobs in mp10 soon ;)

Edit** the link to my barb:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Valor-2989/hero/24545413
Edited by Valor#2989 on 1/23/2013 10:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]