Diablo® III

Session Spoofing

06/04/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Shadeoffax
Also, I've been doing public games from Day 1, I've yet to be hacked (Also gots an authenticator, but that is un-related if its "Spoofing")

yet...

Also, its impossible for such a thing to happen because of the way that D3 was created. I'm not a ITT techy guy, but I've been told a rough version of how it works.

Also, if they did do session spoofing, it would be on your end because the spoofer would be going through your Computer's IP adress or w/e which would require a hacker to be on your PC.

In the end, it would still be your fault.

then you admit you're not an IT guy, but someone told you something so now you know how it all works..

*facepalm*

yeah, we should take your word for it..
...pink gym shorts are the latest in men's high fashion.

Damn it, I knew my wife was lying to me.
82 Tauren Warrior
If what they are saying with the hackers just using a script for the last known character, I will just store a majority of my gold in Tomes/Pages and gems, when the commodity auctions come back on. Then leave said tomes and pages on a low level character which they will not suspect. Seems to be close to the only way to protect ourselves.
"Again to be honest my second account does not have an authenticator"
06/04/2012 06:53 AMPosted by wade001
Also, I've been doing public games from Day 1, I've yet to be hacked (Also gots an authenticator, but that is un-related if its "Spoofing")

yet...

Also, its impossible for such a thing to happen because of the way that D3 was created. I'm not a ITT techy guy, but I've been told a rough version of how it works.

Also, if they did do session spoofing, it would be on your end because the spoofer would be going through your Computer's IP adress or w/e which would require a hacker to be on your PC.

In the end, it would still be your fault.

then you admit you're not an IT guy, but someone told you something so now you know how it all works..

*facepalm*

yeah, we should take your word for it..

Nope, we shouldn't take his word for it, we should take the word of the people who actually are Engineers and IT professionals working at Blizzard who actually do understand how it works and whats going on. And what they say is the spoofing the way it's being described technically impossible with the way the infrastructure is set up. it. can. not. be. done.
How on earth could anyone consider this article as factual?

Also, no one really knows what is going on, if they did they would either be hacking or posting actual specifics on some forums somewhere. Most likely they would be posted here.

Session spoofing may be one of the (most likey) many ways that people are getting hacked.
Edited by Krenuds#1199 on 6/4/2012 7:01 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=hacked&f=post&forum=1011699

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f=post&forum=1011699&q=hacked&sort=time&dir=a
I count roughly one WoW topic on someone getting their account hacked per day.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?f=post&forum=5386227&sort=time&page=5&dir=a&q=hacked
I count roughly eight D3 topics per day.

Your point?

Just because only 1 person makes a thread about it doesn't mean that's the only person getting hacked.

2.) Because the hackers are singling out Diablo 3 accounts and trying to hack as many of them as they can, they aren't looking for your credit card info, or your other game account passwords, they are looking for your battle.net info.

So... why would they need to empty out as many D3 accounts as quickly as possible if they have access to the users' password...? They wouldn't, they could take their sweet time - there's absolutely no rush. In fact, it would be disadvantageous of them to do it quickly, as it would cause a panic that would result in many of their targets to change their passwords and remove the supposed keylogs (of which no victim has found). Conversely, it would make perfect sense for them to be in a rush if they're trying to empty as many accounts as possible before Blizzard fixes the exploit.

Also, what's the final purpose of stealing all this gold? It's of course to bank it at the RMAH for real cash. So are you saying that the hackers have no interest in a user's bank and paypal account when it probably has over a hundred times the potential profit? The fact that these hackers have only hacked their D3 account, but NOT any other account is absolutely TELLING. Revealing that their D3 account has been hacked will incite the victims to take action - most likely sweeping their computers for keylogs (which, let me remind you, that no victim has yet managed to find) and changing their passwords on their most critical sites - meaning that the hackers will lose their chance to steal from the victim's paypal/bank. If they had access to their paypal and bank, believe me, they would prioritize that first.

If there were keylogs involved, we would see victims losing their accounts everywhere, not just D3, plain and simple.

You're an idiot. You do know that there is a HUGE difference between 'Hacking' a Diablo 3 account and ACTUALLY STEALING MONEY right? Right? Please tell you you do.

Here's a tip just in case you don't: One is a federal offense, and the other is just a breach of Terms of Service. You get to pick which is which.

Now take off your tinfoil hat you 12 year old.
MY KEYS!
82 Tauren Warrior
06/04/2012 06:59 AMPosted by KenjiMuyo
Or you could forego all that extra work and get an authenticator?

It would work in two ways, by buying the cheapest I can, and putting all my money into all those tomes, then selling when demand is high, I would be making crap loads off the AH at the same time.
80 Dwarf Shaman

They have taken their time, in fact they struck at the perfect time for them to do so. They didn't do it immediately at launch and many of these users that were hacked theyve had their info for a very very long time and have been waiting. They waited for 2 weeks after launch, once everyone was finally far enough for them to have some actual gold on their accounts and for people to start working on inferno, that's when they hit, and before the RMAH so the only source of gold for a lot of people is to go to their websites and buy their gold, and then they just steal it back.

They hit at the perfect time, it's not about the items, it's about the gold. they aren't even taking items they are vendoring them.

I could go on but you don't think through many of your assumptions do you?

I don't think you think things through, actually.

And you haven't answered my other question, why would the hackers steal their D3 gold when it's worth hundreds of times less than the money in their paypal and bank accounts?

Federal prison.
100 Undead Rogue
06/04/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Ahlen
MY KEYS!

I remember those days.

Ah Sex Leg, why won't you come back?

They have taken their time, in fact they struck at the perfect time for them to do so. They didn't do it immediately at launch and many of these users that were hacked theyve had their info for a very very long time and have been waiting. They waited for 2 weeks after launch, once everyone was finally far enough for them to have some actual gold on their accounts and for people to start working on inferno, that's when they hit, and before the RMAH so the only source of gold for a lot of people is to go to their websites and buy their gold, and then they just steal it back.

They hit at the perfect time, it's not about the items, it's about the gold. they aren't even taking items they are vendoring them.

I could go on but you don't think through many of your assumptions do you?

I don't think you think things through, actually.

And you haven't answered my other question, why would the hackers steal their D3 gold when it's worth hundreds of times less than the money in their paypal and bank accounts?

This again: Because stealing Pixels, is safer for them then stealing real money.

For the most part in the countries where this kind of activity is not against the law, or Authorities look the other way, when it comes to stealing Pixels in a video game. Never underestimate the power of a industry that provide gainful employment to a large number of the local community.

However at the same time it is in those countries' interest to enforce International Banking Laws/treaties. One is the stealing of virtual/fake property, the other is tangible/real property. One is against the law where they operate, the other is not.
View profile
06/04/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Lysdexique
MY KEYS!

I remember those days.

Ah Sex Leg, why won't you come back?

Hai, am from foreign country am want to show you the sex girl.

www.google.com

click link see the sex girl for free.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]