Diablo® III

Diablo 3 black screen , had to force shutdown

seems everyone including myself is having this problem after spending money on the game and a new graphics card and after reloading the game it still goes to black screen and freezes the computer. Hope they look at this soon.
Reply Quote
is everyone running quad core with hyperthreading by chance? seen a note on last patch about fixing crash on 8 core computers wondering if this is related.. since patch before last minipatch ive had issue...... d3 locks up computer buzzing noise statcraft and other games seem to run fine
Reply Quote
06/04/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Tinny
Every single time it's loaded it's crashed his pc and made a horrible buzzing sound through the speakers. He's never had a problem with D3 before.

This its happening to me as well, it start today.
Reply Quote
Same problem here!!!! GTX470 running fine on other 3d app... changed thermal compound, temp lowered by 5/10 but is not a temp problem at all... other 3dapp and benchmark run very well for 3/4 hour withouth freeze or crash!!!
Please fix it!
Reply Quote
I had this issue today and in past. No doubt this happen only when play D3. Don't know what can be this, but appears to me a vga related bug. I have amd 4870 512mbs. Here is my log after reboot pc:

Nome do Evento de Problema: BlueScreen
Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Identificação da Localidade: 1046

Informações adicionais sobre o problema:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80046574E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800445CE6C
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC0000001
BCP4: 0000000000000003
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Arquivos que ajudam a descrever o problema:
C:\Windows\Minidump\011313-15241-01.dmp
C:\Users\H\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-27050-0.sysdata.xml

Leia nossa declaração de privacidade online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0416

And yes, I am from Brazil. This issue occurs some times, no ideia but I think its my rellationed to high processor/vga temps.
Reply Quote
I've had this problem today over and over again as well.
Even crashed when I was selling items in AH.

It never happens before, please help!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFFA800BB9B1A8
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800151C163
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I've had the same problem too. I've had no problem with diablo 3 up till this point. every time I try to start up the game the screen would go black and I would have to a hard reset to my laptop. my graphic card seems to work fine. I am playing WoW and starcraft 2 just fine. its just diablo 3 that would go black.
Reply Quote
Same prob. Game crashed 4 times in 1 hour today
Reply Quote
hate to bring back an old thread...
but recently started experiencing this exact problem.
any known fix for this issue?
please help
Reply Quote
This is only getting worse...my computer started off like this in February, I thought it must be my PC causing the issue, then I struggled with it only to later getting Blue screen so bad it didn't allow me in Windows at all. I took it to an IT guy and he figured that all that restarting caused ram settings in bios to be set out and he also suggested that I installed an additional fan on my computer to bring the temp down from about 70°C to about 40°C. That temporarily fixed the problem till now where I'm back at the beginning where it starts off with a black screen again. It only used to happen in the logging screen where I found that by putting in your details and as soon as you press "log in" then pressing windows button, wait about 10 sec and return to game worked...only for so long, now it happens randomly in game. So I won't play again cause I've the learned that this won't help continuing trying. So please let me know what I can do to start playing again? This thread started 6/3/2012, it's almost 1 year, surely Blizzard must have a solution or setting to adjust by now?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Blade,

This is not an issue Blizzard can solve for you. While the thread is old, it is not a game programming issue and there is no expected fix. As you already confirmed, you have hardware issues with your PC. If you did not, putting an extra fan on it would not have helped! Overheating is one major cause of this issue as your tech correctly pointed out. You are going to have to work with him to find the source of the overheating issue or consider hardware upgrades.
Reply Quote
If this is a hardware issue, then why am I only having this issue in D3? No other games that I play have problems. Even if I lower the FPS, windowed, or the resolution setting it doesn't help. Please understand how frustrating it is to get the time to play and then you have issues like this...
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I completely get how frustrating it is. It took me a year to get past Oasis in Act 2 NM because of my PC. The lag due to water effects that I could not turn off killed me every time. I had to get a new PC (last week). D3 is pretty graphics and power intensive so it can be very hard on your PC. Should it be? I honestly don't think so, but that that is how they made it. I don't agree personally but it is what it is. For those of us who have hardware limitations, we just have to figure out what it is and if we can upgrade or fix it.
Reply Quote
I'm sick of this problem, I tried so many different ways to solve the Black Screen problem on my computer, non of them helpful. I play a lot of different games on my computer (for respect to Blizzard I will not say wich ones) and Diablo III is the only one giving me head ache. I will not buy any other sofware from Blizzard till this issue is resolved, and I will encourage other players to do the same. Is unfair to your coustomer to sell a product and then leave problems like this unresolved just because you still earning money from the other part that actually enjoy the game with no issues. Your dedication to your coustumer sucks Blizzard.
Edited by Zeodon#2347 on 5/27/2013 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I had a friend with simular issue as you described here and the following treatments seemed to fix the issue for him:

Common issue why you experience a Black Screen while playing D3 is the fact that the computer is trying to protect itself from overheating(or lesser plossible scenario is the PSU is insuffiesent for your spec/build).

Lower CPU / GPU Tempratures
1. Clean your computer - Alot of dust clogs the fans and heatsinks of your computer making them work less efficient, try remove as much dust and particles that gotten stuck on them.
2. Reapply new thermal paste - Thermal paste dries out eventually, faster the higher workload GPUs and CPUs has on them. An all dried up thermal paste hardly helps at all and a computer on standby with bad thermal paste can show tempratures up to 80 degrees celcius on the GPU. Running a game such as D3 would push past 90-95 degrees wich eventually would cause the computer to initilize a safety procedure and shutting the GPU down before it takes damage. A decent thermal paste arn't that expesnive, around $10-15. There's plenty of instructional videos on youtube on how to go about reapplying thermal paste on the GPU and CPU and the paste you buy are usually even better then the one you get from the manufacturer.

Hopefully this helps you getting on the right track. Good luck!
Reply Quote
sorry to bring back an old thread
after the ROS xpac I am not having this issue only with d3 exactly as described. I know its not heat related

has anyone fixed this?
Reply Quote
Edited by Inferno#1980 on 5/10/2014 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i have a radeon xfx r7770
and im the same as you havent noticed any issues in other acts
Edited by BondoDaKilla#1275 on 3/27/2014 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
FIXED!!!!! These are my system specs:

I tried everything!!!!!! Windowed mode, reducing graphic settings to basic levels, etc. What worked for me was disconnecting all external devices!!!! Sounds silly but it worked. External hard-drives, fans, audio usb etc. Then was able to play no stall, no BSOD! Hope this works for somebody else. Saw this in one other forum somewhere out there on the internet.

Name AMD Radeon HD 6570M/5700 Series
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C0&SUBSYS_159A103C&REV_00\4&A5F4B3&0&0008
Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x68C0), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 6570M/5700 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Installed Drivers aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver Version 12.104.0.0
INF File oem67.inf (ati2mtag_Manhattan section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1600 x 900 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xB0000000-0xBFFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xC4000000-0xC401FFFF
I/O Port 0x00004000-0x000040FF
IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967292
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6304, 567.50 KB (581,120 bytes), 3/29/2013 10:09 AM)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name HOME
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.0F, 7/26/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Home\Christopher Cornute
Time Zone Tokyo Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.10 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.1 GB
Page File Space 7.98 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Reply Quote
It would be nice if Blizzard would address these posts
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]