Diablo® III

Naked Lust

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Out of boredom I'm thinking about going for this achievement and the other boss kills without items equipped, but I'm sort of at a loss of what build would be most effective.

Has anyone ever done this or the other bosses and if so, what was your build?
Reply Quote
Well at least you won't take durability damage. >_>

Haven't tried it yet but I'll probably give it a go rather soon since I'm running out of things to do.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I think that is one of those acchievs you have to be in a group to get. I have no idea how you could solo that.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I believe those naked achievements can actually be obtained by simply removing your gear right before the kill. Cheesey, yes, but I think might be one of the easier ways to do it.

An actually legit way to do it is just to have a Mercenary, like the Enchantress with you. Gear her up to do as much damage as possible, and you concentrate on staying alive as long as possible, and maybe throw a few grenades here and there (hah). That's about all you can do.
Reply Quote
can you have a weapon at least...?
Reply Quote
I can only tell you how I got it. My friend who plays a Monk really wanted this achievement for some reason, so here is what we did.

Bear in mind I think these things are silly and I don't care about doing it in a challenging way per se.

Monk and DH. Monk came in naked and hung back. DH (yours truly) proceeded to kite and kill Cydea or whatever spider lady's name is.

Now my personal way of doing this was to kite/kill the summons, going around and around the Sin Heart, and every time I came upon the boss I drop Spike Traps on her, shoot her a few times, maybe even use the AE if she's got some spiders around her, and then reverse the rotational direction of the kiting. Alternate until dead. It's really not hard, she's one of the easiest bosses to begin with. It's somewhat hard with an extra player buffing her stats since that player isn't helping you in any way but trust me you can do it just fine. We got it in one try.

The exact build is pretty unimportant in this scenario as any DH or any other character for that matter should be able to do it, but I'll post it since it was requested.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXVYS!aYe!YcZbZc

As long as the naked person just keeps away and does not attack anything, it seems the mobs ignore them. That's kind of stupid, it means this isn't hard at all. But it does have a funny name so what the heck.

I killed her, and we both got the achievement despite the fact I was geared like normal. I don't care about achievements at all in all honesty but I got it anyway.

We did it on Hell incidentally, and I have crap gear even for Hell, if that matters to you.
Edited by LunacyPolish#1591 on 6/4/2012 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
u wouldnt be able to group this solo is actually easier then grouped
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I got these done on my wizard solo (except Diablo due to not having a helper for that fight, you can co op this one) belial in particular is pretty challenging. Unless they changed it, you had to stay gearless the entire fight, it requires the killing blow from you or your companion, so co op did not work for me nor did taking gear off at the very end. Bassically load up your companion with the best wep rings neck you have available, remember they arent keeping it so you get it back when you are done. Wrote my strats on d3
http://d3db.com/achievement/i/the-heros-new-clothes
http://d3db.com/achievement/i/naked-lust
It's a fun challenge so I recomend trying it at least before just having a friend kill it for you or taking off your gear at the end. Good luck and remember there arent any repairs!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I got these done on my wizard solo (except Diablo due to not having a helper for that fight, you can co op this one) belial in particular is pretty challenging. Unless they changed it, you had to stay gearless the entire fight, it requires the killing blow from you or your companion, so co op did not work for me nor did taking gear off at the very end. Bassically load up your companion with the best wep rings neck you have available, remember they arent keeping it so you get it back when you are done. Wrote my strats on d3
http://d3db.com/achievement/i/the-heros-new-clothes
http://d3db.com/achievement/i/naked-lust
It's a fun challenge so I recomend trying it at least before just having a friend kill it for you or taking off your gear at the end. Good luck and remember there arent any repairs!

You stated in the above comment that taking off your gear at the end DOES NOT WORK. Then you finish by saying its such a "fun" challenge so go ahead and try it yourself instead of resorting to just taking your gear off at the end. Im confused. If it doesn't work why are you telling ppl its more fun to attempt to do it without removing gear at the end?
Reply Quote
Does this mean that no Demon Hunter has achieved Naked Lust or Heroes New Clothes?

So sad. I'm a Demon Hunter too.

Here are some video's of Solo, without gear from the start, Naked achievements; by a Wizard (which is probably the only class that can do it in my opinion, although the videos are really old)

Butcher - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87-xAHkyphE
Belial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvEE5Cm3lSg&feature=relmfu
Azmodan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0uzKYyc3xs
Cydaea - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozixaIDBjUE
Edited by Buritzilla#1582 on 7/16/2012 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it works if u unequip your gear before the boss dies... my friend did it. and he also lost a helm in the process coz when he unequipped gear too fast he accidentally dropped his helm on the ground, died to azmo, and since the instance resets when solo he lost his helm lol.
Reply Quote
Update:

Apparently the naked person do not have to get the killing blow for Naked Lust and you can do it Co-op;

My friends and I were farming Act 3 and reached Cydaea and one of them got killed until the armor was red (means durability zero) and he was 'naked'. We killed Cydaea and he got the achievement, although only he got the Naked Lust achievement and we didn't (the Achievement icon did not pop up for the rest of us).

I don't know if Co-opping like this applies to Heroes New Clothes achievement as well.
Edited by Buritzilla#1582 on 7/17/2012 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
so ya as monk i just did this with no follower no armor equiped and did not get azmodon...........

me and my friends are trying to get this coop too and cant seem to get it to work on azmodon at all
Edited by JKPOKER#1774 on 7/27/2012 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This thread is old but for some reason there are no new started sins patch 1.7 and now 1.8. The rule has change with the latest patch and your follower can do all the damage and you can concentrate on surviving. I just did Butcher 1 minute ago and got the tick in the box.

For tactics if you are interested in that you need to be naked when entering the boss fight and that is important. You may not equip anything during the fight even if you do not hit the boss. For Naked Lust you can have everything on until the killing blow but that is anther achievement. This one is much harder to achieve. I used a level 60 monk with defense skills only basically because I should not hit anything and I used scoundrel follower as he has the highest DPS if you equip him right. He was at 15k DPS and 30k life. The fight should not take more than les then 2 minutes and I did it in MP0 Hell difficulty (and it must be in Hell or higher to trigger the achievement). One tip is that you need to be fairly close to the Butcher so your follower continues to hit the boss otherwise the follower will just follow you and not hit anything. The time is important because the burning flower will be more intense as long the fight take place. So be close so the follower continues to hit the target and try to be behinds his back so you do not get the charge hit and at the same time look at the burning floor.

I have not run the other bosses yet but the same rules apples except for Diablo where no follower will be available. If I succeed with this I will post the solution for Diablo.

In my opinion a corporate game with a 200k DPS helping friend will be cheating. What is the point running the challenge if you do nothing, so I do not know how patch 1.8 will work if you invite a friend.
Reply Quote
I did both achieves on my DH solo last year. It was a great experience; I put the banner accent awarded for completing one of them on my banner.

I had to go into the fights naked (Hell difficulty), and dodge all attacks while my scoundrel killed the bosses. I used: spider, mark, hot pursuit, vault, perfectionist, smoke screen etc.

The butcher was the worst; took forever. After I killed him, I killed the other two bosses with no deaths. :)

Diablo was done co-op due to not having a follower available.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 5/15/2013 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I did both achieves on my DH solo last year. It was a great experience; I put the banner accent awarded for completing one of them on my banner.

I had to go into the fights naked (Hell difficulty), and dodge all attacks while my scoundrel killed the bosses. I used: spider, mark, hot pursuit, vault, perfectionist, smoke screen etc.

The butcher was the worst; took forever. After I killed him, I killed the other two bosses with no deaths. :)

Diablo was done co-op due to not having a follower available.

I just finished Azmodan with the same method as above but the fight was so much easier consider no locked corners and a free area to run even if the oil pools was there.

I also run 3 times with Belial and failed every time when meteors were hitting me. It’s about concentration and I was probably not that alert. Maybe I run this achievement to fast without thinks I guess. Do you have any tactical tips for Belial?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]