Diablo® III

Quote by Wyatt Cheng,

Our goal is the next time a player is graveyard zerging a boss, it should occur to them that “this is probably not an efficient way to go about things”. We’re currently evaluating repair costs between 4x and 6x their current values. In the face of increasing costs, we recommend listening to the Hardcore players out there as they probably have some helpful advice on how to minimize repair costs.

Get owned SC!
Reply Quote
LOVE IT
Reply Quote
Are you trying to tell me that getting 1 shotted by a slight breeze, is not a viable strategy?
Reply Quote
Seen that quote too, definitely put a smile on my face lol.
Reply Quote
the patch notes are amazing and change almost everything exactly how I hoped they would change. the additional HC remark was icing on the cake :3
Reply Quote
Very entertaining.
Reply Quote
I agree with Eshi. After reading the post about the changes I was super happy. I think all the changes are taking things to a good direction.
Reply Quote
Uh, there are plenty of tactics involved in killing + staying alive.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
DynomiteDave go back to your softcore forums. No "tactic" in dying and rushing back and dying again until an elite group is dead

Softcore is played like this
1. Blow all cds
2. Die
3. Run back
4. Repeat until its dead

That seems really skillful
Reply Quote
Dave, why are you even here? Go back to the SC Forums if you are just going to troll ours. Let us have our /r/!@#$%^-*!@ and you can have yours in General; where everything is about how bad this game is and how much Blizzard sucks.

Not hating, just saying.

Edit: Was going to try and change the censorship, but I think it is more fun this way.
Edited by Kazter#1146 on 6/6/2012 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
sure, HC players are great and respect to them!

but you shoulnd't look down on SC players .. since some people just don't have or don't want to invest that much time into a single game ;)

respect should go both ways
Reply Quote
annoying people are annoying

The subject at hand, the quote by Wyatt, is awesome. Well done
Reply Quote
I'm only level 50 so far.. but repair costs seem like.. unbelievably ridiculously negligible? Considering you only have to repair your gear once for every 10 deaths in softcore.. does a factor 4 to 6 increase in repair costs really make any difference?
Reply Quote
DynomiteDave go back to your softcore forums. No "tactic" in dying and rushing back and dying again until an elite group is dead

1. Blow all cds
2. Die
3. Run back
4. Repeat until its dead

Yea, and hardcore makes you special. Ok. Stack resist/vit roll barbs and monks all day k. Im playing HC too, I have in every Arpg Ive ever played. It doesnt make you special, or a better gamer to farm lower lvl content and stack defense instead of offense.

Its simply a different mode of play. Its not even that hard. I can count on 1 hand the amount of characters Ive lost in HC since d2, and thats through TL, HGL, and PoE. Thats including the 3 that died to insect swarm bug in HGL.

Just saying, get off your high horse. Its not any harder, just slower. SC was where the pvp and money is/was. Saying SC ppl are lesser players or lack tactics, which are gamebreaking enough to warrant patches, is stupid and shortsighted.

Actually, hardcore is where the money was, and hardcore will be where the money is (and continues to be).
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 07:27 AMPosted by DynomiteDave
Im rolling a HC character right now. He will never die, because hardcore isnt hard. Just slower.

i believe it was gregory house, who after playing diablo 3 kept telling his team that 'everybody dies.'
Reply Quote

1. Blow all cds
2. Die
3. Run back
4. Repeat until its dead

Yea, and hardcore makes you special. Ok. Stack resist/vit roll barbs and monks all day k. Im playing HC too, I have in every Arpg Ive ever played. It doesnt make you special, or a better gamer to farm lower lvl content and stack defense instead of offense.

Its simply a different mode of play. Its not even that hard. I can count on 1 hand the amount of characters Ive lost in HC since d2, and thats through TL, HGL, and PoE. Thats including the 3 that died to insect swarm bug in HGL.

Just saying, get off your high horse. Its not any harder, just slower. SC was where the pvp and money is/was. Saying SC ppl are lesser players or lack tactics, which are gamebreaking enough to warrant patches, is stupid and shortsighted.

Actually, hardcore is where the money was, and hardcore will be where the money is (and continues to be).

annoying people are annoying

The subject at hand, the quote by Wyatt, is awesome. Well done

HC ppl sure are. Every game I play HC ppl get their rocks off thinking they are better gamers when 99% of them die 1000 times. I wish this game did have a ladder so we could prove my point. Thats usually why I play HC, so I can laugh as they drop like flies while bragging how good they are.

It sure made the PoE beta quite enjoyable, as you watch "pros" drop off the ladder everyday, when that game was far far easier then this. Hey u know what? I still got my account over there with a ladder first 70 prize with the worst class at the time, class so bad at the time I stayed the only one on the front page for a solid month. I can post that badboy up. Thats why I like Ladders. Good ole SC guy sticking it to the snobs by beating em at their own game.

Im rolling a HC character right now. He will never die, because hardcore isnt hard. Just slower.

Come back when you can prove your words - sort of like what I am about to do:

Youtube.com/CatreinaTV <=== all TWO of my hardcore deaths... TWO
Twitch.tv/Catreina <=== Where I livestream all of my playtime - and I am currently in act 1 inferno farming it up.

That said, yes, hardcore forces you to either play slower/safer or risk death (lol Kripp), but that doesnt mean it is slower as a whole. It does mean that if you die it is slower, but if you dont die (and dont abuse mechanics that should be patched into oblivion Kulle), then hardcore can be played just as quickly....

The fact that softcore carebears can deathzerg gives it a certain stigma - 'OH LOOK, I CAN GLASS CANNON AND JUST DEATHZERG FOR THE WIN! NO *&^% GIVEN!'
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]