Diablo® III

Quote by Wyatt Cheng,

Softcore characters should lose a level when they die
Reply Quote
I actually like HC Russ. I just dont like the majority of gamers who cant even do HC themselves and think just because they roll up the 15th monk corpse, they are somehow good. You area good HC player when you dont reroll. If a ladder was in this game, it would show you just how bad the majority really are. No room to brag.

Dave, to be honest, you are no better than any other HC player here. You are getting your panties in a bundle about how HC players are all "on their high horse" when you come here to brag about you being so badass on D2 HC ladder. You don't know how many characters they made or lost, and to be frank, it's not even about that, it's about the ride to 60 and gearing out, that's the fun part imo. I don't think HC players are any better than SC players. It's just a different mind set of the game and we as hardcore players take the game a little more serious, cautiously, and slower.
Reply Quote
Dave, to be honest, you are no better than any other HC player here. You are getting your panties in a bundle about how HC players are all "on their high horse" when you come here to brag about you being so badass on D2 HC ladder. You don't know how many characters they made or lost, and to be frank, it's not even about that, it's about the ride to 60 and gearing out, that's the fun part imo. I don't think HC players are any better than SC players. It's just a different mind set of the game and we as hardcore players take the game a little more serious, cautiously, and slower.

and that mindset is just fine, but don't say that there aren't people who think they're better just because they play HC.

take:
06/07/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Harris
Go open up the borders in Texas while you're at it. People who switch to HC after getting to 60 and learning all the boss fights have unfair advantages over us TRUE gamers.

for example.

i'm sure he's horrible, but he's in that mindset that he's better than anyone else because he plays HARDCORE. rofl.
Reply Quote
amusing, but only an idiot would play this way to begin with. It is not really that hard to find a cave or cellar with a champion/elite, leave when you get hurt, go to town for a heal blessing, come back, win. Dying over and over is not required. Using doors to stay alive is just as cheezy, but ppl gonna cheat. Fix one cheat, ppl gonna find another cheat.
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 11:45 AMPosted by DynomiteDave

Actually its called a counter arguement. You dont see SC players lighting up SC forums makin fun of HC.

But, how are you even HC? Where do you personally draw the line? Everyone who rolls a barb and monk arent as HC as WD players. What about HC players who refuse to use the AH. They are Hardcore Hardcore. What about Iron man players? They are even more hardcore. You guys are freakin carebears compared to the Iron man players.

Get my drift? You arent actually playing at the hardest level, yet routinely pretend you are better then the majority of the playerbase.

Not to mention, most HC players just flop over dead a million times and brag how good they are.

Oh, but we ARE better than SC players. Mainly, because we got to a certain point in the game without dying. So youre a SC hero that died 3-5 times in inferno? Well, I havent died to inferno at all. If you died in SC, means that you would have started over here in HC and been one of those whiny kids that have 1000 deaths. Yes, I play a barb as my main and he has not died yet after the 80+ hours i put in him. Does it take skill to die over and over again? No. Does it take skill to not die and overcome the challenges you face? Yes.

Why dont you show us how good you are, Dave? Come farm some act2 inferno with us on your HC character, I bet it'll be super fun!
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Jonnin
amusing, but only an idiot would play this way to begin with. It is not really that hard to find a cave or cellar with a champion/elite, leave when you get hurt, go to town for a heal blessing, come back, win. Dying over and over is not required. Using doors to stay alive is just as cheezy, but ppl gonna cheat. Fix one cheat, ppl gonna find another cheat.

Not all places have doors. Most fights are out in the open with no place to hide, and sometimes it is better to retreat and play an earlier stage of the game for some better gear. Its the same in life - you hit a brick wall, you gotta train yourself harder and harder to break through it.
Reply Quote
farming goblins and chests to gear to farm the next goblin or chest does not skill make, sorry!
Reply Quote

Not all places have doors. Most fights are out in the open with no place to hide, and sometimes it is better to retreat and play an earlier stage of the game for some better gear. Its the same in life - you hit a brick wall, you gotta train yourself harder and harder to break through it.

The point is that the type of player that is farming stuff that is too hard for them by graveyard training (literally, "train" all the enemy back to where you respawn) can find a dozen other ways to do the same thing (farm mobs that are too hard for them) esp in softcore. Such a player would seek out the caves and cellars (and already do, since that is where the goblins and big chests are most common). Making repairs more pricy is not a fix to the behavior.
Edited by Jonnin#1861 on 6/7/2012 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How did you guys get trolled by a guy who openly admits his primary D3 strategy is to die thousands of times?
Reply Quote
Oh, Im sorry, is there another way to find items besides killing monsters and opening chests? hmm? Didnt think so.
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 01:54 PMPosted by mdn
Oh, Im sorry, is there another way to find items besides killing monsters and opening chests? hmm? Didnt think so.

You could find items like the "pros." Trade botted/duped D2 items, or have exploited the AH dupe while it was still live.
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Harris
If I find out anybody in my HC public games used to play SC I try to kill them, we don't need that trash in our Community.

One of the reasons I don't play public games.

Think it would be a bit "unfair" if just because I have SC progress I end up having to to put up with someone thinking they need to try to kill off my main.

I play SC only because I can't convince some friends to join me in HC. So the only way I can play this game with them is to have an alt in SC.
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 11:45 AMPosted by DynomiteDave
You dont see SC players lighting up SC forums makin fun of HC.

Actually I have seen exactly that. Mocking hardcore players for wasting our time doing the same stuff again and again instead of doing something "productive" (like throwing our corpses at bosses until they drop loot, I guess).
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 01:09 PMPosted by DynomiteDave
I can count on 1 hand the amount of characters Ive lost in HC since d2

dude you're so good.... how come you're so terrible at sc2?
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 11:59 AMPosted by russ
farming goblins and chests to gear to farm the next goblin or chest does not skill make, sorry!

dying to an elite 40+ times in a group of 4 blowing cd's and getting up to 30s res timers is skill
Reply Quote
Just started playing hardcore yesterday...never seen a forum so full of people with their heads shoved so far up their asses than here.

You PLAY diablo 3 in hardcore mode...That doesn't make you elite at all. You aren't cool, you aren't tough, you aren't better than anyone.

Get over yourself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]