Diablo® III

patch required loop

(Locked)

59 Undead Death Knight
The instructions in the Blues post were taken from my thread but were modified for EU players and then edited again for US players. (It's kinda messy now)

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5593236285
Edited by e1D#1473 on 6/6/2012 8:08 PM PDT
Stompface you run the launcher left in the diablo 3 folder
, not diabloiii.exe
same for me today
But why do we have to resort to a back door fix. Your team has been aware of this problem since the last patch. Please explain to me why you can't get this working from your end? I simply don't get it. I just want to play the game !!! If I can't, then why do I have a subsciption to WOW. My kids don't even play it anymore. Allow us to unsubscribe.
Are you going to have to do this to every !@#$ing patch or what? This is a joke man, you guys are grossing me out
59 Undead Death Knight
06/06/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Magnuss
But why do we have to resort to a back door fix. Your team has been aware of this problem since the last patch. Please explain to me why you can't get this working from your end? I simply don't get it. I just want to play the game !!! If I can't, then why do I have a subsciption to WOW. My kids don't even play it anymore. Allow us to unsubscribe.

The "Official" fix also works. It's basically this: Install the enUS client and then you should be able to select whatever language you wish to play in and will have no issues whatsoever when patching the game on patch days. (As long as you don't attempt to play in Europe while the US servers are down during maintenance)
Edited by e1D#1473 on 6/6/2012 8:21 PM PDT
85 Orc Warrior
Thanks Barth, still have to download 2.4 gigs but thats MUCH better then the whole thing =D
hi, I don't know what you mean by "battle.net" folder, i can't find it in my Diablo III folder in Program Files (x86), if i unhide folder and find ProgramData i see a Battle.net folder, but it only has the agent, not the update folders....?
06/06/2012 08:26 PMPosted by KULIIZ
hi, I don't know what you mean by "battle.net" folder, i can't find it in my Diablo III folder in Program Files (x86), if i unhide folder and find ProgramData i see a Battle.net folder, but it only has the agent, not the update folders....?

That's the correct one.
ok i figured out what you meant and I got the patch and it works! Thank you so much, but you guys at Blizzard should really figure this bug out!
06/06/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Barthus

The "Official" fix also works. It's basically this: Install the enUS client and then you should be able to select whatever language you wish to play in and will have no issues whatsoever when patching the game on patch days. (As long as you don't attempt to play in Europe while the US servers are down during maintenance)

Thank-you. This is doing something. Crossing fingers.
Is the folder really called program data? I have a program files but not a program data(windows 7)
what you need to do is search programdata then in the left corner there is a tab called "organize", click on that then go to folder and search options, then go to view, then check the box "show hidden files, folders, drives" after that ProgramData will show up and there will be the folder battle.net where you can delete the agent folder

PS. When you move the Diablo III.exe make sure it is just Diablo III, not Diablo III Launcher
Edited by KULIIZ#1633 on 6/6/2012 9:53 PM PDT
Did all that blue said "The file localiation.xml could not be loaded. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
59 Undead Death Knight
06/06/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Shaded
Did all that blue said "The file localiation.xml could not be loaded. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delete the Updates folder again. (Diablo III\Updates)
Again, already did it, but will try again. sigh
Nope same
Just to let people know I was stuck at "Initializing" today. Would not attempt to download the patch, until I ran the launcher "as administrator".

Game promptly updated and allowed me to connect and play.

Hope that helps.
i have eu game (from the shop on dvd) and i play all tim from the beginning on the us servers, and now if i log in there is message you have to patch......

Launcher tell me that the game is up to date

But if i switch in game options servers to ue i can log in and play. but there are not my game progress, they are on us servers...so is there any solutions to remove my progress from us to eu servers?

EDIT: few minutes ago i try to start again and patch fully installed and i can log in
Edited by HerMister#2850 on 6/7/2012 3:48 AM PDT
it says to do that in the instruction by the blizz guy.....
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]