Diablo® III

List of annoyances

As a hardcore player from many different genres and platforms, from consoles to pc and everytime I pick up a game I consume my games entirely. I've racked up 200 hours on d3 so far and here are the list of my annoyances and possible improvements for d3.

The waypoint menu doesn't show up when you click on it from afar. First thing I noticed compared to d2 was when I clicked on the waypoint from afar compared to d3 it shows up instantly without the need to click on it again. In d3, I must click on it again once I am closer to the waypoint which is like a frantic click fest when an enemy is on my tail and I'm trying to escape.

I play a wizard and whenever I have no arcane my right click is some sort of spell that uses arcane. So whenever I run out of arcane but I can't quite tell whether I have enough arcane since their is no number I can toggle on or off I instantly move to the location. Annoying and I've died tons of times thinking I could cast a spell but instead move towards my enemy.

I don't understand why you allow people to leave the game instantly in town but can't when not in town. Tping to town and leaving is faster than not tping and clicking leave game. Why allow 2 techniques to leave the game but one require more actions while the other takes more time. Atleast make them both leave the game at the same time.

I dunno if this is a bug but it seems like it. When I tp back to town and I have familiar active, it shoots a shot when I click T.

Needs to have a magic weapon icon display and a counter timer if your buff is within 15 seconds from disappearing.

Most annoying of all is when monsters are near checkpoints. I've died so many times when logging into a game in a checkpoint or a waypoint for that matter and get instantly killed because I didn't have time to buff myself and by buffing myself I have no arcane to cast anything. Add lag on top of that and this becomes a monster, this is unacceptable. Their needs to be some sort of "safe" zone by atleast a screen so you can comfortable not be harassed near waypoints or checkpoints.

Switching skills becomes a hassle when you can't switch them effectively out of town and have to tp to town to switch then go back outside. What is the purpose of this cooldown when players can just go back to town and switch skills without the con of having a cooldown then go back into the action??? Should allow skill switching no matter where you are.

Teleport pathing, my most unreliable skill ever. I can't tell whether this cliff or ledge is teleportable to or from bottom to top. Its just a hard concept to get a hold of. It seems you guys just took the lazy way out and used the same walking pathing system with teleport to determine what can be teleported to and from. This needs to be reworked a bit.

2nd weapon slot, I feel by removing this concept it waters down the game a bit. It was cool to have a some sort of "skillful" aspect in the game where you can cast your spells with your dps weapons and switch back to your defensive weapons. I can see this improve pvp experience for atleast the hardcore fans. It can help with diversity of builds that can be more viable if using a different weapon for certain skills especially in inferno.

This is also somewhat of why many players find inferno frustrating. Its because inferno doesn't quite take any skill to beat. Its all gearbased which is yes the whole point of the game but if you combine it with somesort of skill needed you can have someone with lesser gear able to beat a champ pack but again will take some time but doable. That will increase the funness aspect because there is that possibility. We have things like unavoidable spells like vortex or jailer that once you are in range its unavoidable and you need a backup spells like teleport to get out of it. You need to have a playstyle of a melee or if you are a range class be one screen away to be avoidable.

Theirs sometimes this glitch where I can't trade with players. I dunno how this occurs but it has happened multiple times.

Another glitch was one of those birds that hover over you in act 2 that was unkillable. Only happened once but then again I don't lurk around act 2 often. Hydra couldn't target it and it would fly land attack and fly again over and over and would follow you till you die.

Needs some way to save valor so you can contine again later. I read that you guys do plan to do this at some point.

The chatbox needs a gray background behind it. Its hard to read text during a battle if theirs some object in your chatbox, let alone the small freaking text size.

Screen vision seems somewhat frustrating too. In certain positions like attacking from north to south, your screen vision can't see monsters clearly because of the huge UI. Monsters can see you but you can't see them. This will become a big pvp problem where the team that is attacking at certain camera angles will have the advantage.

Health globes should only be used when walked over it when your health isn't maxed out. It becomes a game of lets not step on the health globes and when theirs like 3 health globes hovering over a rare and I must use these globes which I could've saved them for my next engagement.

Monster opacity also becomes a problem. In interior areas where monsters are hiding behind walls and only way to know is if you walk into the room and BAM theirs a monster to your left or right. Needs some sort of opactiy indicator or highlight so you know theirs a monsters behind that wall. I have to use my magic missle seeker to check every room before I walk into which makes my playstyle undesireable.

In the auction house, it becomes really annoying searching for socketed items when everyone places a gem in it, hence increasing the stats. For example, I am searching for a 2 socketed pants with 100+ int as base and all I find are 50 int based pants with 2 topazs stuck into them. Also adds this necessity for players to add gems into their socketed items for them to even show up on searchs to sell.

When I am in my own game with my follower and a friend joins, my follower leaves me. But when I leave before my friend leaves. When I go to make my own game I don't have my follower with me and I have keep talking to my follower to follow me. Needs some option to toggle auto follower if you are the only one in the game.

Hope ya read thru all that, hope some of these are atleast in the works for the next patchs to come.
Edited by gfever#1192 on 6/7/2012 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Constructive! You deserve an upvote.

I'd be upset about the obvious lack of writing skill, but it's not a wall of text, so whatever.

I don't entirely agree with every point but you obviously put some thought into this, gamfvr.
Reply Quote
Why is it you pay good money for this game and you keep getting kicked-out!!??!! Can't you people take a few minutes and a couple of bucks to at least try to get a server that can take the traffic!!??!! With the list of people in your credits you would imagine at least one of them mentioned potential problems since it took them long enough to produce the game!!PLEASE MR. BLIZZARD!!!!! I AM GETTING SICK OF BEING KICKED OFF OF DIABLO3!!!!!LET US PLAY!!!!!
Reply Quote
hows my writing skill lacking?? O_o
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 04:22 PMPosted by gamfvr
Switching skills becomes a hassle when you can't switch them effectively out of town and have to tp to town to switch then go back outside. What is the purpose of this cooldown when players can just go back to town and switch skills without the con of having a cooldown then go back into the action??? Should allow skill switching no matter where you are.

Last night on my barb, on Kulle, I started out with Cleave to melt his golem buddies. Once they died I skillswapped midfight into Frenzy and proceeded to melt his face.

Without cooldowns one essentially has access to most of their abilities simultaneously -- at least while leveling or not caring about NV stacks.
Reply Quote
They could do something like don't allow switching in instances or boss fights.. I don't think switching will hurt a whole lot aganist champ packs. They can keep some of the same concepts of how you can't switch skills that are on cooldown. Or do something like if you get hit within 5 seconds of switching your skills it gets reverted or something.
Reply Quote
moving when ya right click is annoying as hell
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 04:22 PMPosted by gamfvr
Monster opacity also becomes a problem. In interior areas where monsters are hiding behind walls and only way to know is if you walk into the room and BAM theirs a monster to your left or right. Needs some sort of opactiy indicator or highlight so you know theirs a monsters behind that wall. I have to use my magic missle seeker to check every room before I walk into which makes my playstyle undesireable.

I walk into every room with the thought that there are mobs in there. Being able to see through walls would detract from the game, if you ask me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]