does anyone have this problem

i have all 5 ingredients including Plan
and cash 200k to make

when i went to craft.. it can't work

it needed required materials is STAFF OF HERDING 0/1

the craftsman already know the plan.

and i have not made any staff previously
Reply Quote
sounds like you are trying to make the nitemare version, you need to make the normal version first
Reply Quote
Go back to normal. See the blacksmith, teach him the plans if you haven't already. The normal staff costs only 50K. It may be that you taught him the Nightmarish Staff of Herding plan, if you got the plans in Nightmare. If so, you will need to go back to Act IV normal and face Izual again. When you kill him, he should drop the normal plans. Hope that helps!
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Miroku999
Go back to normal. See the blacksmith, teach him the plans if you haven't already. The normal staff costs only 50K. It may be that you taught him the Nightmarish Staff of Herding plan, if you got the plans in Nightmare. If so, you will need to go back to Act IV normal and face Izual again. When you kill him, he should drop the normal plans. Hope that helps!

I tried that 3 times and Izual still won't drop the plans, I have all the Nightmare stuff done, but can't get Izual in normal to drop anything. At all. And the merchant in Bastion's Keep has nothing to sell me either. And in Nightmare difficulty he sold me the bits before I killed Izual....
Reply Quote
Getting Izual to drop the plans was the hardest part for me too, which was surprising since I was under the assumption that getting Chilltara to show up and get her drop was gonna be the worst part. Took me about an 2 hours to get the plans from Izual, but most of that was trying to get the drop on Nightmare. Just keep at it in normal mode and it'll drop eventually.
Reply Quote
It took me well over 5 hours farming Izual to get him to drop the plans. I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not, but when it dropped for me, it was the first time I had tried farming him with someone in my party. So, that might help.
Reply Quote
You can buy the plans on prime evil for 1g for the merchant. If it's not dropping for you, I might be able to get for you.
Edited by lullard#1666 on 6/14/2012 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lol, i'm soo noob with this. What are the items you need to make this?? and do you need to get these items for every lvl ie. normal, nightmare, hell, inferno??
Reply Quote
I've killed izual like 40x no mf% never drops !@#$!!
Reply Quote
ok getting pissed
i have the staff plans for normal and hellish
i got a shinbone in noraml and i think the mushroom in normal
the rest all materials i got on second difficulty, how can i tell where and when i got materials i still cant creat the staff, on second difficulty i purchased a set and found a set but non the less i have all items in this difficulty
im on inferno now but do not want to go anyfurther till i create staff
? any help would be great
Reply Quote
pony level isn't worth it anyway. When you take Time Vs. Value of all of the staffs, it just doesn't add up at all since they nerfed the crap out of ponies.
Reply Quote
worth it or not now i have all the stuff< for two full staffs and cant make one. ? any ideas ?
Reply Quote
ok lets try this, i was from my readings thats the best place to gold up< any thoughts on gold up i have pleanty of gear to help me get more gold, any ideas
Reply Quote
Community Manager
worth it or not now i have all the stuff< for two full staffs and cant make one. ? any ideas ?
I personally think that Whimsyshire is a zone worth visiting (it's not every day you have the opportunity to slay unicorns and pummel teddy bears, after all), but you will need to collect each of the required reagents from Normal difficulty to craft the initial Staff of Herding before you can upgrade it further.
Reply Quote
Hey you know where else is a place worth visiting? The loot 2.0 thread
Reply Quote
I personally think that Whimsyshire is a zone worth visiting (it's not every day you have the opportunity to slay unicorns and pummel teddy bears, after all), but you will need to collect each of the required reagents from Normal difficulty to craft the initial Staff of Herding before you can upgrade it further.

I think that place is a signature place representing the skill level for a dedicated group to developing the game.

The Cow Level is of a totally different level.
Whimsyshire is not even on the same scale.

But thanks for the monster density that requested by millions of complain about monsters not dense enough. We have our "Cow Level" in the open areas now.
Still, the game is missing huge chunk of elements that are supposed to be there.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 7/22/2013 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lol, poor Vae. Does a nice thing to help a newbie and gets heckled.
Reply Quote
Glad to see a blue response. now please go read "loot 2.0: discovering it's true potential" It is in the general discussions forums. and written by monstrous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I guarantee you Vaeflare's been to that thread. She just hasn't responded because, just like in this thread, the instant a blue responds, the thread gets derailed.

I guarantee they're watching it, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]