Diablo® III

How to fix Diablo 3 "Error 14009"

90 Human Paladin
This error is caused due to a problem with the cache folder that battle.net created on your computer.

To fix this open the “C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net” folder on Vista or Win 7. Windows XP users can find this at “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net”.

You should see a folder called “Cache”. Rename this folder to any other name or delete it. Now start Diablo 3 and the error should be fixed.

I did this first, then I was getting another Error.
Error 315300. So I did an old fix that I have done with this in the past.

FIX:
Create a NEW user account on your Windows machine (make it an administrator). Login to this Windows account, run Diablo and you should be able to login to Diablo without any issues! :) (maybe the odd Error 37 though)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Bump
Reply Quote
Didn't work.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This is the same issue some of us had on launch day. A major quality control issue.

Unfortunately, it didn't fix my error 14009.
Reply Quote
"FIX:Create a NEW user account on your Windows machine (make it an administrator). Login to this Windows account, run Diablo and you should be able to login to Diablo without any issues! :) (maybe the odd Error 37 though) "

or if you have had to make a user earlier just log into that user with admin and reload app and log in except agreement, log out and switch back to user good to go..
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
OTL
Sorry if this is a noob question: I have Windows 7 but I can't find a "programdata" folder on my C drive to open. How can I get there to find the cache folder?
Reply Quote
nice. thanks
Reply Quote
in the start menu type %programdata%
Reply Quote
didn't work. This has to be fixed immediately.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
deleting the cache and creating a NEW ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT fixed the problem, but here's my question...

This is the THIRD NEW ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT I have created to play this game. How will Blizzard keep from "corrupting" the Administrator accounts in the future? How many new Administrator accounts must we keep creating just to play the game??
Reply Quote
A lot of people are having the same issue. Two solutions to try out:

1. Make a new administrator account and play Diablo from there

2. Delete the cache folder as explained below:

Windows 7
C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net
C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net

In the start menu type %programdata% - shortcut to to the Cache folder
Reply Quote
If you go for #1 You dont need to play from the new administrator account just need to run launcher log into game and accept user agreement.. then you can go back to your main admin account..
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 10:54 AMPosted by localmyth
If you go for #1 You dont need to play from the new administrator account just need to run launcher log into game and accept user agreement.. then you can go back to your main admin account..

This worked for me.
Reply Quote
I removed the cache and now it's telling me my login is incorrect. You would think when you have that long of a beta test you wouldn't be having these problems.
Reply Quote
tried everything and still not working. haven t been able to play since patch
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
OTL
Thx Slip and Superbeast! Used both of your advice and it finally worked for me.
Reply Quote
You don't have to make a new one going back to the 2nd one you've made works or atleast it has for me.
Reply Quote
yea...... I did the same thing... just says login info is incorrect.... WOW this is SOO annoying.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Rogue
Not working for me one bit...even reinstalled D3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]