Diablo® III

Azmodan the retard and Kariya the coolmaster

90 Night Elf Rogue
06/12/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Scirocco
In the end, it was a terrible choice on the author's part to brand Azmodan as The General. Belial would do far better as deception is far more effective than...gluttony.

Consider this:

Azmodan set up a no lose situation. He had infinite troops. He had spoiled the enemy's food supplies, meaning the siege would last at least a few days before everyone starved to death. He set up a gate that took an archangel to break down.

Look at the above situation. Really consider it. The only reason you win is because he didn't foresee Tyrael suddenly being on the battlefield. If there was no Tyrael, you would not be able to break down that gate or stop his respawning forces.

Now consider that he used himself to draw the Black Soulstone directly to where he wanted it. And then suddenly the Black Soulstone acted up, pinning it there, making it impossible to move.

He didn't need his catapults. He didn't need Ghom after he spoiled the food. He didn't need anything but time and as many demons as he could muster.

He put himself into a tactially perfect scenario.
Reply Quote
Necessary Internet Disclaimer: This is a legitimate question, I'm not trying to sound a smartass or making someone look bad.

That said...

He had infinite troops because they spawned from the crater, since after dying they were reborn and would just pass arise again from the crater.
Then, why not just send your big guns? If they eventually die, they would come back anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Necessary Internet Disclaimer: This is a legitimate question, I'm not trying to sound a smartass or making someone look bad.

That said...

He had infinite troops because they spawned from the crater, since after dying they were reborn and would just pass arise again from the crater.
Then, why not just send your big guns? If they eventually die, they would come back anyway.

Sorry, I meant 'spawning' troops. Demons who die on Sanctuary are -eventually- reborn in hell. The thing is, Azmodan had an army with practically no limit.
Reply Quote
Hmm, I understand.

Just to be clear: My impression that they would reborn (not instantly, but still very quickly) and then be able to invade Sanctuary once again is wrong?

I only recently got into the Diablo's Lore, and I know almost nothing about Diablo 3 other than playing the game per se. These nuances are very cloudy for me.

*EDIT: Bad english.
Edited by cordeirooo#1523 on 6/12/2012 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Hmm, I understand.

Just to be clear: My impression that they would reborn (not instantly, but still very quickly) and then be able to invade Sanctuary once again is wrong?

I only recently got into the Diablo's Lore, and I know almost nothing about Diablo 3 other than playing the game per se. These nuances are very cloudy for me.

For the most part, yes.
Reply Quote
Hmm, I understand.

For the most part, yes.

Actually, demons don't just "respawn" as an...adult after being killed, as evidenced by imps (in game lore book establishes them as demon younglings). And this ONLY applies to pure demons, beasts and mutated humans (goatmen) don't respawn at all; they might remain as ghosts to haunt a place, but they don't automatically respawn like Tyrael or Diablo (in the wrath short).

Obviously that would mean that his "endless" waves of demon is only a figure of speech; if a sufficient enough blow is dealt to the demon army's number, such as when the hero completely clears the rampart and the battlefield, the offensive grinds to a halt - fact proven by in game gossip by the keep's npc when you've made progress in the counterattack.

Consider this: if both heaven and hell can spawn troop endlessly, how could a battle between them ever be resolved? (Think a game of DotA where you just let the mobs fight it out) The only solution to this dilemma is to have heroes (archangels, what have you) that can do enough damage so that the death/respawn ratio is no longer balanced.

It's not that starving the enemy is a stupid strategy, it's just not the ideal one. He has plenty of options to choose from, given his superiority in numbers and variety. With winged demons he can effectively wage a three dimensional war; it shouldn't take days to take a keep of 1500 with so many advantages he can exploit.

Sure, he might not lose; but it doesn't mean his strategy is good.

(All this is to criticize his part as a strategist, his field leadership is a whole different can of worms)
Reply Quote
Because Kariya being stuck and immobilized in a spider web for hours or days doesnt warrant that her legs might be a *tad* sore?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/12/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Scirocco
Actually, demons don't just "respawn" as an...adult after being killed, as evidenced by imps (in game lore book establishes them as demon younglings).

And we know demons actively breed, given that is what we know Fallen constantly do. Imps are not reincarnated demons, they're demon babies.

And this ONLY applies to pure demons, beasts and mutated humans (goatmen) don't respawn at all; they might remain as ghosts to haunt a place, but they don't automatically respawn like Tyrael or Diablo (in the wrath short).

Why would they? Goatmen are not demons. Neither are beasts.

Obviously that would mean that his "endless" waves of demon is only a figure of speech; if a sufficient enough blow is dealt to the demon army's number, such as when the hero completely clears the rampart and the battlefield, the offensive grinds to a halt - fact proven by in game gossip by the keep's npc when you've made progress in the counterattack.

Except we know that Azmodan has all of Hell's forces at his command, at least the ones not still loyal to other Evils. He has effectively limitless demons at his control, as well as undead that form from any slain soldier.

Consider this: if both heaven and hell can spawn troop endlessly, how could a battle between them ever be resolved?

Its mentioned that when angels or demons are killed within their realms, by a powerful adversary, they are sent to the void or abyss, where they cannot respawn from. I believe it was in the Book of Cain.

It's not that starving the enemy is a stupid strategy, it's just not the ideal one. He has plenty of options to choose from, given his superiority in numbers and variety. With winged demons he can effectively wage a three dimensional war; it shouldn't take days to take a keep of 1500 with so many advantages he can exploit.

He could. Why waste useful soldiers who will have to respawn back in hell when he can just keep sending useless Fallen instead? Spoiling the foodstores sets a time limit, it puts pressure on and it lowers enemy moral.

Also, by the end, Azmodan has killed all but 300 inhabitants of the Keep.

Sure, he might not lose; but it doesn't mean his strategy is good.

Putting himself into a no lose situation is a good strategy. Why would he risk his prized demons, Succubi and Phasebeasts, or his Prime Consort, or the like, when simply overwhelming them will work?

You're assuming that after the foodstores were destroyed he'd let up the assault and just let them starve. He was obviously still pushing. The lack of food just sets a time limit, the ideal goal is to just plow the keep over, but if push comes to shove, he can win through attrition.
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 12:20 PMPosted by KewlImp
I think the thing with Azmodan is simply the angels are not exactly expert tacticans themselves.

You know what, you're absolutely right. Think about it--while the ultimate evil in the universe is assaulting the Crystal Arch, what are the angels doing? You'd think protecting the source of their power would be their first priority, rather than bickering with a rogue angel and his raffish nephalem friend.
Reply Quote
Oh wtf, my 5000 word reply didn't get posted, well, point-form we go!

Regarding Melyria's reponse to my post earlier:
- I know only demons respawn, my post was simply informing the other poster

- What's effectively endless is his ability to resupply his forces...over an infinite amount of time. His respawns aren't instantly reappearing at where the previous soldier fell, they have to walk all the way back from Hell (let's call it Demon Logistics)
- A sufficiently strong blow to Azmodan's numbers (unbalacing the death/respawn ratio) would stop the flow of attack. (In the end it's demonstrated by the hero)
- It's conceivable that large group of (non-hero) capable people such as Demon Hunters or Necromancers can cause such sufficiently strong blow.
- There is no evidence explicitly showing that Azmodan knows that the Keep won't get reinforcement.

- I never said starving the troop is a single-pronged strategic or a bad one.
- Ghom & co. should have mounted a full assault on the inside of the keep right after spoiling the basement supply, in tandem with the outside forces.

Now, adding to my previous post about the phasebeasts & co not being used is stupid:
- Az should be able to tell that BK is an important chokepoint for both sides of the battle, if anything he can use that as a choke point against angels.
- Not knowing if there will be reinforcement to the Keep, and knowing that he has a better army (in composition) initially, he should have attacked with the strongest troops to spearhead the charge before reinforcement arrives (ultimately it was the Hero and Tyrael)
- If he takes the choke, even if he loses ALL his prized troops, he could simply hold the choke until they're back.
- Choosing the wrong strategy and not exploiting his inherent advantage to it's fullest makes him a poor general.

I haven't even touched on his battlefield maneuvering, just his complete lack of analytical skills and horrible planning are enough.

TL;DR re: elite troops: Only a fool would lead a charge with infantry and leave the tanks & aircraft behind.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
- What's effectively endless is his ability to resupply his forces...over an infinite amount of time. His respawns aren't instantly reappearing at where the previous soldier fell, they have to walk all the way back from Hell (let's call it Demon Logistics)
- A sufficiently strong blow to Azmodan's numbers (unbalacing the death/respawn ratio) would stop the flow of attack. (In the end it's demonstrated by the hero)
- It's conceivable that large group of (non-hero) capable people such as Demon Hunters or Necromancers can cause such sufficiently strong blow.
- There is no evidence explicitly showing that Azmodan knows that the Keep won't get reinforcement.

Consider how many soldiers it would take to conquer the entire world of Sanctuary. That is how many demons Azmodan has. You're not stopping it.

- I never said starving the troop is a single-pronged strategic or a bad one.
- Ghom & co. should have mounted a full assault on the inside of the keep right after spoiling the basement supply, in tandem with the outside forces.

... that is exactly what they did. Why do you think the entire lower half of the keep is flooded with demons and there are dead guards everywhere?

Now, adding to my previous post about the phasebeasts & co not being used is stupid:
- Az should be able to tell that BK is an important chokepoint for both sides of the battle, if anything he can use that as a choke point against angels.
- Not knowing if there will be reinforcement to the Keep, and knowing that he has a better army (in composition) initially, he should have attacked with the strongest troops to spearhead the charge before reinforcement arrives (ultimately it was the Hero and Tyrael)
- If he takes the choke, even if he loses ALL his prized troops, he could simply hold the choke until they're back.
- Choosing the wrong strategy and not exploiting his inherent advantage to it's fullest makes him a poor general.

When 1000 fallen will do the exact same as 10 phasebeasts, Azmodan is sending the 1000 fallen. He has thousands of troops, he doesn't need to use his elite guard and risk losing a potential surprise element or backup plan.

TL;DR re: elite troops: Only a fool would lead a charge with infantry and leave the tanks & aircraft behind.

300 soldiers with bazookas, vs your army. If you didn't give a damn about the welfare of 90% of your troops (see: Fallen, Goatmen, etc) you'd send them in as canon fodder, not wanting to risk the enemy decimating your tanks and leaving you crippled while you have to build more.

Azmodan was in a position where the 300 soldiers of Bastion Keep would've fallen regardless. Why would he risk playing his hand early? What happens if those of Bastion Keep manage to get lucky and kill the vast majority of his Phasebeasts? Now what happens when he wants to invade Westmarch or another area? Now he has to wait and risk everyone rallying.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Melyria
Consider how many soldiers it would take to conquer the entire world of Sanctuary. That is how many demons Azmodan has. You're not stopping it.

Azmodan was in a position where the 300 soldiers of Bastion Keep would've fallen regardless. Why would he risk playing his hand early? What happens if those of Bastion Keep manage to get lucky and kill the vast majority of his Phasebeasts? Now what happens when he wants to invade Westmarch or another area? Now he has to wait and risk everyone rallying.

Like I said before, he did not know if the humans will have reinforcement, why would he send his weakest troops against the strongest point of resistance, to test the water? His stupidity ended up wasting enough time for reinforcement to show up (unfortunately for him, the reinforcement was a god).
Aside the two quotes above contradicting themselves, and with all due respect, you don't seem to get the point of military planning; it's a combination of what information is available, and a balance of calculated risks. He knows the geography of the battlefield, he knows the number of defenders in BK. Beyond that all is unknown, veiled in a fog of war. A smart general would account for things like reinforcement or logistics on both sides, but would NEVER put luck and what-ifs into factor, as luck is just poor estimation and what-if scenarios are risks that should be accounted for. He would know how many phasebeasts/whatever are needed to take the keep within how much time, and expect to suffer how many casuality.

Although technically, in game he did not underestimate the strength of the defenders; rather he did not account for the strength of the reinforcement. All the more reason why he should have hit a lot harder than sending in fallens.

When 1000 fallen will do the exact same as 10 phasebeasts, Azmodan is sending the 1000 fallen. He has thousands of troops, he doesn't need to use his elite guard and risk losing a potential surprise element or backup plan.

Again, you're not accounting for the fact that they're attacking a choke point. Yes, 1 phasebeast is far better than a 100 Fallens or whatever number you assign, as 100 Fallens take up far more space when attacking a choke point. If it's an open battlefield, then maybe they're the same.

... that is exactly what they did. Why do you think the entire lower half of the keep is flooded with demons and there are dead guards everywhere?

No, they took position in the basement (to capture stragglers and what not) when they should be rushing upstairs. They took the time to take prisoners, and lovingly prepared them for Ghom to feast on. Food spoils on its own, you don't need to stay there and watch it happen when you can just fart some disease over them and move to the next objective: upstairs.

300 soldiers with bazookas, vs your army. If you didn't give a damn about the welfare of 90% of your troops (see: Fallen, Goatmen, etc) you'd send them in as canon fodder, not wanting to risk the enemy decimating your tanks and leaving you crippled while you have to build more.

Each trooper is a fighting unit, serving a purpose. A good general uses them to their fullest potential, and not giving in to favoritism. Since Azmodan is hiding behind a supposedly impenetrable Hell Gate, he doesn't need his elite guards when they can do far better in the front line. Weaker units like goatmen/fallens have the numbers to quickly scour all the houses/rooms for straggler inside the gate, but are horrible at crashing it.

Lastly, to pick apart that 300 soldiers with bazookas scenario, let's give you the advantage of fighting in an urban setting with lots of hiding spots. The tanks bust through the front entrance/gate/whatever, establish a forward point, followed by the infantry to sweep the nooks and crannies. Or, you decide to concentrate your bazookas to fight the tanks instead, then the aircrafts bomb the concentrated force. Look at Iraq; advanced weaponry paved the way for the infantry to occupy the country.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/13/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Scirocco
Aside the two quotes above contradicting themselves, and with all due respect, you don't seem to get the point of military planning; it's a combination of what information is available, and a balance of calculated risks. He knows the geography of the battlefield, he knows the number of defenders in BK. Beyond that all is unknown, veiled in a fog of war. A smart general would account for things like reinforcement or logistics on both sides, but would NEVER put luck and what-ifs into factor, as luck is just poor estimation and what-if scenarios are risks that should be accounted for. He would know how many phasebeasts/whatever are needed to take the keep within how much time, and expect to suffer how many casuality.

It doesn't matter if reinforcements arrive. The reinforcements cannot get through his gate, no matter what. His troops are numerous enough to take over all of Sanctuary. He has the numbers advantage, he has an unbreakable defense.

If the reinforcements arrive, he simply sits back and whittles them down. He'd have had to fight them at smoe point anyway as he slaughtered his way across Sanctuary.

No amount of reinforcements would have helped. Period. The only way reinforcements would've helped is if they came from Heaven itself. And given the Angels made a non-engagement pact, Azmodan couldn't have foreseen Tyrael's involvement.

Again, you're not accounting for the fact that they're attacking a choke point. Yes, 1 phasebeast is far better than a 100 Fallens or whatever number you assign, as 100 Fallens take up far more space when attacking a choke point. If it's an open battlefield, then maybe they're the same.

Except it isn't just Fallen. Hellfliers and Siegebreakers, Heralds and Goatmen, Demonic Troopers and Fallen. Succubi and Phasebeasts are his literal prized posessions and he's greedy, he's prideful.

It doesn't matter if it is a chokepoint because he has the advantage of flight compared to fully grounded targets. Heck, if he wanted to, he'd send a siegebeast and break that choke point open.

No, they took position in the basement (to capture stragglers and what not) when they should be rushing upstairs. They took the time to take prisoners, and lovingly prepared them for Ghom to feast on. Food spoils on its own, you don't need to stay there and watch it happen when you can just fart some disease over them and move to the next objective: upstairs.

We know, KNOW Ghom was in the Larder by the start of Act 1 by what we hear from the mayor. That means the breach happened by the time we were lighting signal fires. The demons were flooding the inside of the keep and controlling the lower quarters for quite some time.

Also, you'll notice Ghom said he starved the people. Starvation takes days. We don't know if he ate those people in the Larder or in Arreat Crater. All we know is he ate those people at some point and time.

Each trooper is a fighting unit, serving a purpose. A good general uses them to their fullest potential, and not giving in to favoritism. Since Azmodan is hiding behind a supposedly impenetrable Hell Gate, he doesn't need his elite guards when they can do far better in the front line.

Your son is the best soldier in a unit. Lets throw him headlong into 300 soldiers. Azmodan's favored demons are Phasebeasts and Succubi. He's not going to risk them being killed, even if it is temporary because we don't know WHEN demons respawn, just that they do.

The guy was set up to take over the entire world and his leisure. No amount of reinforcements would've helped. Eventually they'd have been worn down. Eventually people would've starved. Eventually he would've won. All of Sanctuary's armies couldve united against him and Azmodan would've still had the advantage.
Reply Quote
That is a reasonable explanation to his actions. However, it does not explain why he is portrayed as such a brilliant battlefield commander. I don´t see how it helps the plot to describe a charater one way and them have him act in a completely different manner.

He's a tactician in the way that you set up something in advance. Look at what Azmodan did:

1. He lured the Soulstone to Bastion Keep by making sure the heroes knew he was going to be there.

2. He made way for his demons, who are endless, who constantly stream from Arreat, effectively giving him unlimited troops.

3. He had Ghom the Larder spoil the Keep's entire food supply, thus setting the soldiers of the keep on a time limit before they starve.

4. He erected a gate to his command point so strong that it required and Archangel to open it.

Azmodan set all the pieces in motion. He was ensured victory. You couldn't get through that gate so he and his forces were safe. His troops would keep coming, meaning that no matter how many you killed, you'd make no progress. And if you managed to hold him back for a couple days, you'd starve to death.

Azmodan had won that fight. The actual war was a formality. The only reason you actually win is because you had Tyrael with you, who was able to actually open the gate. Something Azmodan could not have foreseen.

If Tyrael wasn't with you, you couldn't have gotten to Azmodan and fought him. And at that point eventually you would have lost at one point and time. Be it an hour later. A day later. Or three days later. All Azmodan had to do is sit back and wait.

Ok, we'll play this game. Tyreal is not there. The hero still removes Azmo's forces from the battlements, routs them out the Keeps lower levels. The Hero still cleans the battlefied of Azmo's siege weapons and forces.

What exactly has Azmo won??? He's cowering behind a gate, that you state only Tyreal can open. Azmo is completely defeated. Without Tyreal, Azmo is still reduced to basically cowering in a foxhole.

The hero kills a Siegebreaker in single combat, but can't open a gate? Come again?

EDIT: The hero tanks the full might of all the Lords of Hell with his FACE, but can't open a gate? The hero basically says several times, "Hello aspect of pure evil, I kill you now", but a gate is this hero's ultimate nemesis........ Sorry, not buying this.
Edited by Eks#1643 on 6/14/2012 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not sure he had enough demons to control Sanctuary. I disagree. Sanctuary has proven again and again to be FILLED with champions.
I.E: Diablo 1; Diablo 2; the Horadrim, the Nephalem.

A good general would take in consideration that you can NEVER account for the enemy's full strenght when you don't know the enemy's full force.
A single hero makes an entire difference, and Sanctuary is FULL of heroes.
Who's to say the kingdom of Westmarch didn't have a prepared army (which they did not send) with their own heroes?
Azmodan didn't know if it could happen. But he DID know that the evils were all defeated over and over again by Sanctuary's finest. He should have foreseen things could go back, and defeat the enemy as quickly as possible, with as less casualties as possible, because even if he doesn't care for 90% of his force, having 1012039820 demons was NEVER enough to take over Sanctuary, and experience proves it.
There is absolutely NOTHING that you can say to counter the follow point: A good general always studies the enemy force before a battle, and that implies knowing how they think, what they do, their capabilities, what they're good at and what they're BAD at. And he should have known that Sanctuary could churm out some of their famed, famed Nephalem. Hell, in Diablo 2 there were no Nephalem because the Worldstone existed, yet simple mere mortals killed Mephisto, went into HELL, killed a legion of demons without any help whatsoever, the angels didn't meddle in Sanctuary nor in Hell either, the mortals did it on their own, and in Diablo's own territory, murdered Hephaestus, Lord de Seis, and every other demon you can name, and himself.
They destroyed the soulstones, and then they chased Baal, killing him and his entire army.
No, Azmodan is a fool, reckless, and he didn't do his homework in considering every big baddie BIGGER than him, and stronger than him, got pwned.
He assumed it'd be 300 grunts comparable to his own fallen he'd be fighting.
He didn't claim victory quickly like he should've if he could've. Or perhaps, he simply couldn't.
He told you his plans constantly when the world was filled with heroes and what not. He should've atken this into account.
Didn't he have BETTER things to do while the battle waged like, you know, lead his troops, rather than cast "HOLOGRAMS" and spoil his plans? (absolutely hated his floating head. Felt like the producers literally dumbed down the game for children. Yes, in D2 Diablo spoke to you, but you only heard his voice, you didn't see a bloody head.)

PLUS: Sorry Mel, but it is nowhere stated than the gate could ONLY be opened by Tyrael. Tyrael says his blade will make way. That doesn't imply it's the only way to get through AT ALL.
Edited by Taraknis#1145 on 6/14/2012 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Actually, the heroes of D1 and D2 were nephalem. As discussed elsewhere, Inarius originally used the Worldstone to neuter the nephalem down to human level, but in the Sin Wars the hero Uldyssian made a small change to the structure of the Worldstone. This change allowed nephalem to be born, albeit rarely, so that Sanctuary would have mighty heroes to defend it from angels and demons. If this were not true, then explain the male barbarian and witch doctor, who are clearly far more than 20.

As for Azmodan, he lost because he was operating on faulty intelligence. Ithereal commented that the heroes were extraordinarily powerful, even for nephalem, comparable to Uldyssian himself. Azmodan, on the other hand, did not think that the heroes could defeat any of his Sin Lords, let alone himself. He knew they killed Belial, but he also knew that combat was not Belials strong point. If he had possessed an understanding of the heroes potential right from the start, his battle plans would've been very different indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ok, we'll play this game. Tyreal is not there. The hero still removes Azmo's forces from the battlements, routs them out the Keeps lower levels. The Hero still cleans the battlefied of Azmo's siege weapons and forces.

What exactly has Azmo won??? He's cowering behind a gate, that you state only Tyreal can open. Azmo is completely defeated. Without Tyreal, Azmo is still reduced to basically cowering in a foxhole.

The hero gets worn down fighting hundreds of demons that they can't stop from arriving via the crater because they can't knock down the gate. Or they just throw so many demons at the keep the hero can't be everywhere at once. Or the hero just starves to death because they have no food.

06/14/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Eks

With hundreds of thousands of demons waiting in the wings, dozens, if not hundreds, walking into Sanctuary every hour. Azmodan specifically mentions this.

The hero kills a Siegebreaker in single combat, but can't open a gate? Come again?

Yes, Tyrael specifically mentions he needs to open it with El'druin, the blade of an Archdruid.

EDIT: The hero tanks the full might of all the Lords of Hell with his FACE, but can't open a gate? The hero basically says several times, "Hello aspect of pure evil, I kill you now", but a gate is this hero's ultimate nemesis........ Sorry, not buying this.

Then why didn't you just bust down that gate? Why'd you need Tyrael to do it?
Reply Quote
"
With hundreds of thousands of demons waiting in the wings, dozens, if not hundreds, walking into Sanctuary every hour. Azmodan specifically mentions this.
"
That means it could also be a lie and he was gloating in hopes of intimidating you and saving himself.
Tyrael says "El'druin will open a path for us"; not "Only El'druin" can open this gate.
You don't bust down that gate because Tyrael had to do SOMETHING to at least LOOK useful, and because game designers said you wouldn't do it. Nobody said you couldn't.
Reply Quote
I think the problem is story telling, not the story itself. It seems like Blizzard did a cheap copy paste from SC2, where I thought the interactions between villain and hero was actually pretty good.

Kerrigan taunted Raynor several times during the final invasion, and her words were well chosen and befitting the story.

"Ha, some invasion..."
"I love the way you kindle their hope Jim. By all means, lead them all to my door step, just like lambs to the slaughter."
"My forces are without number, and yours are dwindling by the minute, this can only end one way."

These lines were infrequent, and spoken at the "right" moment that fits the progressing theme of the story. The Terran invasion was a failure from the start on the Dominion side, the more they fight the less troops they have and they are stuck on the home planet of endless zerg... I'm not here to discuss SC2 story, but I think the story telling is 100x better than D3.

With Azmodan, if you take away 3/4 of his useless chatter, and rewrite the remaining for better delivery, it could have been awesome. I think 3-4 taunting lines for the entire Act would be plenty, definitely not one at every turn...

Imagine:
Upon arrival, "Your pathetic walls will crumble before the full might of Hell. Your world will soon be mine."
After defeating Ghom, (and plz don't tell the hero where Ghom is, let the hero figure it out...) "Did you think that was a victory, nephalem? That useless tool you slaughtered has served his purpose. Your supplies have been defiled, your walls have been breached. How long do you think your farce of a defense will last?"
After destroying the demon gate, "I must thank you, nephalem, you've delivered the soul stone to me, just like I've planned. As your reward, I will show you the true power of Hell."

If only... a gamer can dream right?
Reply Quote
That... Would have made it all seem prettier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]