Diablo® III

Character Rename/Regender

I click on my banner, flip colors and switches all the time. I had it one way, then got bored with it, then switched, then switched again. Whatever, right? It's just this thing that doesn't really matter except to maybe your friends who play with you alot.

Character name and gender are locked in, though. Why? I made a male wizard. Played him to mid 50s and I want to hit 60 with him, but after playing this long, I've decided I don't like how he looks. The female wizard looks cooler, and the guy's voice acting bugs me now. Also his name is weird. At the time I kind of liked it, now I don't.

Everyone I play with, 90% of the time sees my account name, anyway. The only time they see the character is when they're mousing over me and seeing that I'm BnetID playing CharacterName.

Except that doesn't necessarily mean anything because you can just make all your chars the same name--I have a buddy who does that. He's got 3 different characters with the same name.

Can we please have a button to 'edit character' or something that takes you to the character create screen and lets you switch the name and the gender? Leave class locked, I guess, but for the stuff that doesn't affect anything, I'd like to be able to switch it around.

Please don't make it like wow where you have to pay cash just because you're bored of looking at the same thing or think the animations/voice is stupid after leveling for days.
Reply Quote
I'm resurrecting this thread because I want to see this too. Character names mean nothing to others, but they mean a lot to me.
Reply Quote
I completely agree with the re-name.

This is such an easy fix, PLEASE give this consideration.
Give all characters ONE free re-name.

Charge gold based on level for subsequent renames.
Reply Quote
My WD is named Bubbles because character names don't mean anything in D3.
Reply Quote
I would really like to rename one of my characters as well, please, add this in-game!
Reply Quote
same here, i did like to change my char name from english to another cooler language. Rather than deleting them... If i was to delete them i might as well delete everything
Reply Quote
I'm afraid Blizz will probably go the WoW route on this; if it ever happens, it will cost $$, probably $10-$20.
Reply Quote
/signed
Reply Quote
Its already in the game.

Take all your gear and stash it.

Log out of the character you want to name/gender change.

Click the delete button then confirm.

Take 1 day off work and reroll to 60.
Reply Quote
07/06/2012 05:58 AMPosted by R4V3N0U5
I'm afraid Blizz will probably go the WoW route on this; if it ever happens, it will cost $$, probably $10-$20.

Never happen, nothing is bound to a D3 character you simply delete it and take a few mins to reroll it.
Reply Quote
I would also like to rename my wizard.
Reply Quote
takes a day or two to level a new one.

07/06/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Wickedchick
Never happen, nothing is bound to a D3 character you simply delete it and take a few mins to reroll it.

the exact reason we don't need a rename/gender option
Reply Quote
This would be nice
Reply Quote
This will be a very handy feature to have, indeed. BUT still, one cannot just change the name of his/her character whenever he/she pleases. That is the legacy of Diablo 2 and we should respect that.
What Blizz could do is make the user work for this right. Example: able to rename character once every 20 lvls, or every 10 paragon 10lvls, or include this at the local tavern at very high price in gold.
Reply Quote
07/06/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Wickedchick

Personally am not fond of having to redo 100 levels of paragon and 60 levels of introduction just for a name/gender change.

+1 for name/gender reassignment.
Reply Quote

Personally am not fond of having to redo 100 levels of paragon and 60 levels of introduction just for a name/gender change.

Same...

Some people are able to reroll a char just in couple of days, because they have time for it and friends, who can help lvl up quickly. But on the other hand, not everyone is willing, or able to allocate time JUST to change a char name.

I would be happy to see this function implemented as well. Does not matter for me under what conditions: for free or being charged for it.
Reply Quote
plz blizzard make an edit character posible
Reply Quote
Its already in the game.

Take all your gear and stash it.

Log out of the character you want to name/gender change.

Click the delete button then confirm.

Take 1 day off work and reroll to 60.

Yes!!! & This^^^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]