Diablo® III

Thanks blizzard

No. Not that. It flies in the face of all logic and evidence to the contrary. This is a very serious matter. A company doesn't just get away with covering up something like that.

Then, by all means, present something concrete as to why this is happening. I don't indulge in high-risk behavior on my secure and well-maintained box. My PW when this happened wasn't the best, but included numbers and letters and was lengthy. It would be just GREAT if Blizzard came in and tried to regain our trust. As it is, I'm tired of being told that my rig MUST be dirty and how stupid I am by the Blizzard Defense Squadron.

If it is secure let us open up a remote connection to your computer so we can see the results of the standard system scans, and network logs. then we will know for sure.

and by us I mean one person, not every one.
Edited by HaleStorm#1581 on 5/30/2012 8:13 PM PDT
OP is terrible at keeping his comp clean.

Blames Blizzard.

True Story.

If it is secure let us open up a remote connection to your computer so we can see the results of the standard system scans, and network logs. then we will know for sure.

I have that remote connection crap turned off .. even disabled the services for it.

that is why I said lets set one up to verify your settings, and results of industry standard scans.

What IS going on here, then? Keyloggers? What?

Phishing, infected adds, redirected web sites that look legit, etc

only takes one time to get your password.

Is this just your opinion? I'd like an official response about the nature of these events.. do you know if there's been one?

I still think there is some amount of brute forcing going on due to the average person's password habits being mixed case and numerals. I had no idea that my password since WoW days was not case sensitive. I always typed it as I entered it the first time: with mixed case. I immediately attached an authenticator when I found out they are not case sensitive.

I still don't understand why they aren't... but oh well.

That sounds incredibly shady.
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/30/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Dorrell
What I can still confirm is that our database hasn't been brute-force hacked, nor has the personal information of our playerbase been compromised in anyway on our end. We're not kidding when we always say account security is very important to us. If we found any evidence that even a single account's login information was stolen from us, or our databases were otherwise vulnerable to attack, we'd inform our players and do whatever it'd take to lock everything down.

Z,

At this point, after over two weeks of everything that's going on.... You're not going to get through to these players.

This may be true for some people, but I don't think Zarhym's efforts are in vain, nor should he stop trying. Maybe I am just optimistic, but I really do think that for every set of deaf ears to whom Z's responses fall on, another person is seeing the logic in what he's saying. To me, that's a lot better than no one learning anything because Zarhym didn't say anything at all.

That sounds incredibly shady.

that is where I was going with it. he response was not !@#$ off, it was oh, i have that turned off right now. Too relaxed of an attitude towards security. Don't believe that his system is secure.
05/30/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Pixel
I still think there is some amount of brute forcing going on due to the average person's password habits being mixed case and numerals.

Battle net doesn't allow Brute force attacks and all passwords are stored as one way hash numbers.

The issue is on the User end not Blizzards.

So I can't enter a different email and try passwords until my fingers bleed? Someone couldn't use a script to do this through the GUI in D3? I'm not going to go try it, so I'm asking sincerely. Is there some system where after 3 tries in rapid succession it locks the account somehow? If so, I'm satisfied.
05/30/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Pixel
I still think there is some amount of brute forcing going on due to the average person's password habits being mixed case and numerals.

Battle net doesn't allow Brute force attacks and all passwords are stored as one way hash numbers.

also, I thought I set up a case sensitive password, but diablo does not check that....at all....I tried a few different combinations of caps and they all logged me in. that is a little off if you ask me. Still not blaming Blizzard, just curious about that.
Yes the issue is on my end *sarcasm* I did not give away any information and I have no keylogger's on my computer.

You don't work at blizzard you can't say how they work their !@#$
Edited by Encryption#1410 on 5/30/2012 8:24 PM PDT
05/30/2012 08:23 PMPosted by HaleStorm

also, I thought I set up a case sensitive password, but diablo does not check that....at all....I tried a few different combinations of caps and they all logged me in. that is a little off if you ask me. Still not blaming Blizzard, just curious about that.

That's what I'm saying!! Why aren't passwords case sensitive? It seems like such a very simple thing...

that is where I was going with it. he response was not !@#$ off, it was oh, i have that turned off right now. Too relaxed of an attitude towards security. Don't believe that his system is secure.

Good thing I'm not the OP right .. lol.

then why were you responding? kinda confused by you.

i'm doing laundry.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]