Diablo® III

Thanks blizzard

This is, without a doubt, the biggest load of self-serving twaddle I've seen all day, and it's about about 10:30p here. Again, for the cheap seats: I'm not here to indulge anyone's ego OR engage in pissing contests.

Which is why you are continually feeding the pissing contest. /facepalm

Regardless of what happened, or why it happened, any account that has been hacked since the beginning of the D3 hack flood, would have been protected (without incident) if there were a proper authenticator attached (i.e. the dongle, or the free app for smart phones. the dial-in auth does not protect D3) to that account.

Making the choice to not attach one of the available options puts the blame on the user. It is as simple as that.

Therefore, pointing fingers does nothing. Most of us know the truth, whether or not the hacked users want to admit it.

And why werent users told about this godlike authenticator before playing?

You mean the authenticator that's been available for years now that's got plenty of information available when you access your battle.net account but also information listed in every single Blizzard security post for not only Diablo 3, but WoW and SC2?

Outside of calling up every single one of their customers who buy their games I'm not sure what more you expect.
Edited by Taks#1315 on 5/30/2012 8:52 PM PDT
Well, all I can say is its the worst $60 dollars I have ever spent. This is the first time I've ever complained about something because it is the first time I have ever paid for something and have been hacked before and I've been playing online games periodically since 2000. All this Ranting is going to do is bring bad business, if Blizzard doesn't help what does that show? "Oh it's the customer's fault, We don't support the product we made" Seriously? I work for a company where we make and support our products every single day 7 days a week being on call all the time. It is a good feeling to be able to support your product. Blizzard is not doing so in my eyes. And I am sure others because I see many other threads of accounts being compromised.
How does this thread get 13 pages worth of responses....
Lol your concept of prizes are odd. They say 'chance to win a free trip' not you are guaranteed a free trip, and they do this so people are more inclined to buy the product in the chance they might get something free it of it on top of the product they purchased. Smart marketing really.

I guess I didn't see the part where blizzard said buy a smart phone for your chance to get a free authenticator app. Shame on you blizzard for advertising technology like that in false hopes that we might be given a free authenticator. ;)

All jokes aside I had my old account comprised during my time of playing WoW, no idea how most likely through one of the thousands of pages I had ever viewed. Contacted blizzard they forgave my stupidity by restoring my account, offered my tips on how to prevent it happening in the future, which I gladly did because I didn't want to endure the tedious process ever again.

Never had any issues since then so believe it or not they are trying to help you understand your mistakes and help you out, cut them some slack and treat them with the respect they deserve.
93 Gnome Rogue

Which is why you are continually feeding the pissing contest. /facepalm

Regardless of what happened, or why it happened, any account that has been hacked since the beginning of the D3 hack flood, would have been protected (without incident) if there were a proper authenticator attached (i.e. the dongle, or the free app for smart phones. the dial-in auth does not protect D3) to that account.

Making the choice to not attach one of the available options puts the blame on the user. It is as simple as that.

Therefore, pointing fingers does nothing. Most of us know the truth, whether or not the hacked users want to admit it.

Seriously? Its everywhere

I'm sorry that you don't pay much attention.... should we blame someone else for that too? Maybe your school teachers?
If you still want a refund here is the number. 800-592-5499

Remember to buy TorchLight 2. :D

I did the same or will be.
90 Human Rogue
05/30/2012 08:54 PMPosted by RamboRomulos
Personally I think it is rather sad we are pretty much forced to buy "Their" 15 dollar authenticator or however much it costs just to keep our accounts safe =\

Why else would they put a single player game always on-line.

1) It's not a single player game, it's a multi-player game with the option of playing without others. The game is built around multi-player.

2) They dont make money off of authenticators, do some research and see how they're made and who is contracted (Vasco) for the technology.
If you still want a refund here is the number. 800-592-5499

Remember to buy TorchLight 2. :D

I did the same or will be.

People need to stop telling people they can just demand a refund. It doesn't work that way. I beg you to go to gamestop or any other game store, buy a game, and then try to return said game, opened and used for a full refund. It won't happen. They will happily offer to buy the game "used" from you, but you won't get much. No retailer is going to give you a full refund for this game. And Blizzard sure isn't going to give you a refund for a game you bought from a retailer. If you bought the digital copy, Blizzard allows you 30 days to decide whether you want to play the game. Once you play the game, they will not and don't have to give you a refund. Good luck.
100 Troll Druid

^This

No. Not that. It flies in the face of all logic and evidence to the contrary. This is a very serious matter. A company doesn't just get away with covering up something like that.

It's an incredibly serious allegation and the ramifications would be so much more far-reaching than what you've witnessed. Again, I understand you're upset, but I caution you not to perpetuate this nonsense any further.

I know I'm late to the party here but if I can make a simple comparison here guys....

If Blizzard was being hacked on a regular basis and every time someones account was broken into it was a fault on blizzards end that they let slide and screwed up they'd be facing the same thing that sony faced with the PS3 hacks if not worse. These things don't magically just fly under the radar, have some faith in them.
I disabled my firewall, installed d3hax.exe, bought gold from d3anya.com, got powerleveled by my brothers friend, and gave my account password to a blizzard employee who messaged me in-game for a free promotion.

I took a break for a few weeks then when I came back all my gold was gone!! I want a full refend Blizzard because your software isn't secure!!

You mean the authenticator that's been available for years now that's got plenty of information available when you access your battle.net account but also information listed in every single Blizzard security post for not only Diablo 3, but WoW and SC2?

Outside of calling up every single one of their customers who buy their games I'm not sure what more you expect.

How can you say that? Who in the right mind will visit their battle.net account and surf every single page in there? You mean you will perform secondary researches on the game for 8 hours a day before the game comes out? Who will be so free to surf the Blizzard forums before playing the game? Played plain vanilla WoW up to WoTLK and there is no mention of authenticators whatsoever. Are you checking your battle.net account now and every second clicking refresh for updates on security? It does not make sense when this information is not on the D3 product. You do not assume people to have that level of knowledge

I'm sorry that you don't pay much attention.... should we blame someone else for that too? Maybe your school teachers?

what do you mean everywhere? it is not even on their D3 product. dont take it personally, this post is for blizzard employees. unless you are one? lol. yes, blame blizzard for not communicating this !@#$ before their users got hacked.
93 Gnome Rogue

How can you say that? Who in the right mind will visit their battle.net account and surf every single page in there? You mean you will perform secondary researches on the game for 8 hours a day before the game comes out? Who will be so free to surf the Blizzard forums before playing the game? Played plain vanilla WoW up to WoTLK and there is no mention of authenticators whatsoever. Are you checking your battle.net account now and every second clicking refresh for updates on security? It does not make sense when this information is not on the D3 product. You do not assume people to have that level of knowledge

Those people should have read something. A confirmation email (which you get from Blizz when creating or merging an account, and it has the suggestion of an auth in it), one of hundreds of pages with the suggestion, or any agreement they signed when beginning the game. The agreements suggest using an auth to further protect a users account.

Maybe its just me, but I do a little research on any thing I'm going to pay more than $10 for. A little research would have revealed this suggestion a hundred times over and a hundred times again on many different Blizzard-related sites, as well as many different non-Blizzard affiliated sites.

On the primary page for your battle.net account there are links to the left hand side below your personal information that will not only tell you if you have security measures activated but also tell you how to obtain said security measures if you don't.

Ever since they released authenticators, every single security post about their games have included information on the authenticators. You'd have to completely avoid Blizzard posts to miss them but I can see how that happens as not everyone visits the sites for that info.

However, the information is there and has been stated several times by Blizzard prior to and during the release of Diablo 3. I do agree the package itself could have more information. But honestly, if you visit these forums and have no idea of the authenticator information you're not looking hard enough as easily available the info is.
93 Gnome Rogue

what do you mean everywhere? it is not even on their D3 product. dont take it personally, this post is for blizzard employees. unless you are one? lol. yes, blame blizzard for not communicating this !@#$ before their users got hacked.

It's in the agreement you signed before creating your first character. Forget to read that? What about the confirmation email blizzard sent to you when you created your Battle.net account? Forgot to read that too, I'm sure. What about the three available extra security options that Blizzard explains on the page where you created your battletag?

Missed that one too, I'm sure.
90 Draenei Paladin
Someone apparently had either an unclean computer OR a terrible password. I've been using the Internet for 15 years and have only once had an account compromised, and that was because Google itself was getting hacked from China.

It's rather arrogant to come here and thank Blizzard for some obscure thing they could have done, when in actuality the person to blame is yourself. If they hacked your account it was because your password was insecure, your computer was compromised, or you shared your information somewhere you shouldn't have (whether knowingly or unknowingly.)
85 Gnome Priest
05/30/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Encryption
I would not post here if this was my fault

Clearly.

It's in the agreement you signed before creating your first character. Forget to read that? What about the confirmation email blizzard sent to you when you created your Battle.net account? Forgot to read that too, I'm sure. What about the three available extra security options that Blizzard explains on the page where you created your battletag?

Missed that one too, I'm sure.

Nobody will do research on security.. I did do research on the gameplay rather. Why will I want to do research on security? The game is assumed to be safe and secured. If it is prone to hacking, there should be a communication beforehand not after getting hacked. One of hundreds of pages... well done your majesty. I know you did read through and understand every single clause including all the definitions and also have to go through it with your lawyer. If that security is needed, it should be communicated. Not displayed there as an option.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]