Diablo® III

Thanks blizzard

+10 brownie points
I have a new computer. All I do on this computer is game programming and I have a few games that are compatible with 64bit. I work with computers.

Thanks for the helper Crazyhorse. I have just registered this with my account and I have seen the Help! I got hacked link at the footer of this website so I am going through this now and I have reset my password. I have up to date anti virus software so please I want actual help not people who assume I am a dumbass. I would not post here if this was my fault. All I did was beat the game on normal difficulty, became bored and decided to work on hobby projects with my free time and when I felt like playing again. This is what happened. I was mad and the first thing I looked for was forums -> Support to Rant to get something done or some sort of help. Thanks for your help, Peter/Glok/Tianjan.

So, no authenticator?
And ok, you're another IT expert who believes that Anti-Viruses are enough to protect your computer. Funny thing is, I've never met a competent IT person in real life who actually believes their PC is secure simply because they have an anti-virus. This is probably because they are actually in the IT industry rather than just claiming they are, and they know that anti-viruses will only protect you from known issues.
But obviously, because you're an IT expert, your PC is obviously special and thus your anti-virus is definitely more than enough to make your PC impenetrable to security risks.
Why werent players told that they need an authenticator to prevent getting hacked before playing the game? Everyone in the right mind would have gotten it. FYI, not everyone play WoW and do not know that an authenticator exists. If it is so important, why not include it in the box? Hell, just make it compulsory? So blizz condones hacking?
05/30/2012 07:27 PMPosted by OldMan
But folks having to wait reportedly days and hours to get roll overs, that's not cool. My ticket is sitting on 9 hours. Yes, this is a video game, and not urgent, but any customer service that makes folks wait that long for any type of response. Meh.

I'd also like to see Blizz release a statement with their best guess (forensically speaking) of what happened, and how.

Totally. If you just sit here on the forums and hit reload, as more and more folks are logging in, more and more 'zomg my lootz is gonez' threads are popping up...
90 Human Rogue

If you tell me to keep it civil, I am going to reiterate the fact that you should read before you post. Both reading and posting are equal parts of forums, and taking part in both is essential to having people like me not point that out to you.

You should be aware that I couldn't care less what you have to say. Save yourself some time and energy and talk at someone else.

If you didn't care you wouldn't keep quoting and replying to me. Logic 101.
Community Manager
People keep assuming I am a 10 year old kid who see's a website or link that says "Click here and get free gold or items for diablo 3 FREE" and I will click on it.

I know all these things. I have a new computer with daily updates for protecting my computer. The only websites I visit are work related and maybe youtube for music while I work. A few other Blizzard games such as Warcraft III and Starcraft II.

My free time on this computer is spent experimental programming with different IDE's or playing a couple games such as the above listed.

I just logged in today to find this happened after a week or so break (spending time programming/gf and having stress from work). I don't believe this information is sensitive or will get my account hacked.

If Blizzard can show me the error on my end I will apologize but until I get that I will not apologize.

I wouldn't have started this thread if I believed I have been phished or shared my account info ( why on earth would I do this? You tell me ).

I understand why you're frustrated, but your situation is going to require investigation by our customer support staff. I can't verify "the error on [your] end" as you said.

What I can still confirm is that our database hasn't been brute-force hacked, nor has the personal information of our playerbase been compromised in anyway on our end. We're not kidding when we always say account security is very important to us. If we found any evidence that even a single account's login information was stolen from us, or our databases were otherwise vulnerable to attack, we'd inform our players and do whatever it'd take to lock everything down.
05/30/2012 07:28 PMPosted by RawDog
+10 brownie points

Oh goody! Useless imaginary things that do us absolutely no good, and are thus a horrible trolling point!

Oy vey. Not this garbage again. Folks need a new schtick.
90 Human Rogue
05/30/2012 07:27 PMPosted by OldMan
But folks having to wait reportedly days and hours to get roll overs, that's not cool. My ticket is sitting on 9 hours. Yes, this is a video game, and not urgent, but any customer service that makes folks wait that long for any type of response. Meh.

I'd also like to see Blizz release a statement with their best guess (forensically speaking) of what happened, and how.

They have. It's in stickies, it's in the blue tracker, would you like them to write you a book and mail it to you? Every account compromise so far has been a result of a simple log in / log out of the account. they had the info. It wasn't brute forced either, Blizzard throttles log in attempts.
90 Worgen Death Knight
It is literally impossible to have your account brute forced, provided you have even a remotely decent password. Like, it would take thousands of years.
05/30/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Dewan
Personally I think it is rather sad we are pretty much forced to buy "Their" 15 dollar authenticator or however much it costs just to keep our accounts safe =\

Well, yeah, but it's a perfectly reasonable precaution. This isn't a failing on Blizzard's part, however, since they have made the chain as secure as they know how, and it's really not their fault if, for example, a customer's user name and password gets jacked through a phishing scam, and there's not much they can do to prevent that sort of thing either. What they can do, and have done, is offer an optional extra layer of security for those who desire it. Yes, one of the options does have a small associated cost, but I don't see anything wrong with this since it's ultimately not Blizzard's responsibility to secure the customer's computer.
90 Worgen Death Knight
My authenticator on my iPad was free.
Seriously the closer you are to the top the bigger the target on your back is.
Community Manager
05/30/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Encryption

His computer. Excellent misdirection.

99.9% chance his computer is absolutely fine.

People's accounts are getting brute forced due to Battlenet's coding. Keyloggers... smoke and mirrors, excellent dogma perpetuated by Blizzard.

^This

No. Not that. It flies in the face of all logic and evidence to the contrary. This is a very serious matter. A company doesn't just get away with covering up something like that.

It's an incredibly serious allegation and the ramifications would be so much more far-reaching than what you've witnessed. Again, I understand you're upset, but I caution you not to perpetuate this nonsense any further.
People keep assuming I am a 10 year old kid who see's a website or link that says "Click here and get free gold or items for diablo 3 FREE" and I will click on it.

I know all these things. I have a new computer with daily updates for protecting my computer. The only websites I visit are work related and maybe youtube for music while I work. A few other Blizzard games such as Warcraft III and Starcraft II.

My free time on this computer is spent experimental programming with different IDE's or playing a couple games such as the above listed.

I just logged in today to find this happened after a week or so break (spending time programming/gf and having stress from work). I don't believe this information is sensitive or will get my account hacked.

If Blizzard can show me the error on my end I will apologize but until I get that I will not apologize.

I wouldn't have started this thread if I believed I have been phished or shared my account info ( why on earth would I do this? You tell me ).

I understand why you're frustrated, but your situation is going to require investigation by our customer support staff. I can't verify "the error on [your] end" as you said.

What I can still confirm is that our database hasn't been brute-force hacked, nor has the personal information of our playerbase been compromised in anyway on our end. We're not kidding when we always say account security is very important to us. If we found any evidence that even a single account's login information was stolen from us, or our databases were otherwise vulnerable to attack, we'd inform our players and do whatever it'd take to lock everything down.

Dear Zarhym
I think your customer support are on holiday, my ticket been sitting that for 4days now and no even a response from them
Posted by Crazyhorse
Do you have an authenticator attached to your account?

Oh you mean that scam thing that blizzard charges 6.50 for?

Again Authenicator app is free
90 Human Hunter
Windows has an authenticator as well if you have an outdated phone.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]