Diablo® III

Thanks blizzard

90 Pandaren Warrior
05/30/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
What I can still confirm is that our database hasn't been brute-force hacked, nor has the personal information of our playerbase been compromised in anyway on our end. We're not kidding when we always say account security is very important to us. If we found any evidence that even a single account's login information was stolen from us, or our databases were otherwise vulnerable to attack, we'd inform our players and do whatever it'd take to lock everything down.

Z,

At this point, after over two weeks of everything that's going on.... You're not going to get through to these players. They have one of three things going that will prevent them from understanding:

1) Incapable of determining any personal fault.
2) Refusal to listen to those who are trying to help them.
3) Stern mistrust in Blizzard and other on-line companies.

I'm seriously forming the opinion that a large portion of this backlash and misinformation concerning the "hacking" situation boils down to the on-line play only situation. Claiming and pretending to be the victim of the big bad system because they have to play on-line.

I'm not trying to derail the thread in any way, but right now, after all of these threads and all the whining and screaming concerning not wanting to get an account security program/device (one that is at cost or free)....

Not to say that some people didn't legitimately get hacked, but there is too much of a vocal backlash on fan sites and this forum to think that it's anything other than a grand grouping of QQ concerning the on-line only function of the game.
Edited by Duncan#1606 on 5/30/2012 7:38 PM PDT
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5575469894 is all I have to say. With that in mind, I assume everyone getting hacked:

- Doesn't have an authenticator, or is lying about having one
- Uses the mobile dial-in thing (which is not an authenticator, so see above)
- Has an extremely un-secure computer and network
- Has malware
90 Draenei Shaman
Do you have an authenticator attached to your account?

Oh you mean that scam thing that blizzard charges 6.50 for?

Please stop being part of the problem. Perpetuating garbage like that is just making things worse. The authenticator is optional and it helps. They're selling it at near cost, and giving it away to those with smart phones.

Tinfoil hats should be required for forum visitation.
Edited by Dani#1825 on 5/30/2012 7:39 PM PDT
05/30/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Spawne32

Holy crap, It is free if you just download it.

FREE FREE FREE. People like you are confusing even stupider people even more and making things worse. please just stop trolling.
85 Worgen Rogue

^This

No. Not that. It flies in the face of all logic and evidence to the contrary. This is a very serious matter. A company doesn't just get away with covering up something like that.

It's an incredibly serious allegation and the ramifications would be so much more far-reaching than what you've witnessed. Again, I understand you're upset, but I caution you not to perpetuate this nonsense any further.

This.

Has anyone ever thought that the people spreading rumors about Authenticators not protecting your account, Blizzard database hacks, are just hackers spreading rumors to get parroted around the forums, so that people won't protect their accounts properly and continue to be vulnerable to attack.
There is no proof blizzard can offer and some people will always rather claim some sort of conspiracy than even entertain the notion that they might be wrong/at fault.
90 Draenei Shaman
This.

Has anyone ever thought that the people spreading rumors about Authenticators not protecting your account, Blizzard database hacks, are just hackers spreading rumors to get parroted around the forums, so that people won't protect their accounts properly and continue to be vulnerable to attack.

Seriously. I think a lot of these folks are the strongest weapon against account security the hackers have.
90 Draenei Hunter
For all of you with outdated phones, and dont wanna buy the device:

http://code.google.com/p/winauth/
90 Undead Death Knight
05/30/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vadras

Yep. Its been mentioned before.
The united states was on a holiday ths last weekend. that means more people playing the game for more days. Chances are there is a large backlog of issues that they are working through.

I understand why you're frustrated, but your situation is going to require investigation by our customer support staff. I can't verify "the error on [your] end" as you said.

What I can still confirm is that our database hasn't been brute-force hacked, nor has the personal information of our playerbase been compromised in anyway on our end. We're not kidding when we always say account security is very important to us. If we found any evidence that even a single account's login information was stolen from us, or our databases were otherwise vulnerable to attack, we'd inform our players and do whatever it'd take to lock everything down.

Dear Zarhym
I think your customer support are on holiday, my ticket been sitting that for 4days now and no even a response from them

^This

No. Not that. It flies in the face of all logic and evidence to the contrary. This is a very serious matter. A company doesn't just get away with covering up something like that.

It's an incredibly serious allegation and the ramifications would be so much more far-reaching than what you've witnessed. Again, I understand you're upset, but I caution you not to perpetuate this nonsense any further.

Don't stress out so much mr.blue.

You have to remember, this is the same type of person thats thinking "gee, next time i should get a mac, so even if blizz messes up, im unhackable!"
85 Worgen Rogue
05/30/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Spawne32

Look guys, it's the hacker spreading misinformation so that people won't protect their accounts and he can continue to take gold from unprotected people.
90 Draenei Shaman
It still boggles me that people are upset about waiting a few days, even a few /hours/. It took a /week/ to get my WoW account put back together properly. And I was grateful!
i just straight up blame blizzard forcing us into B.Net accounts on their website...and linking every !@#$ing game to it. Bad ideas are bad. Enough said.
05/30/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Vadras

Look guys, it's the hacker spreading misinformation so that people won't protect their accounts and he can continue to take gold from unprotected people.

every one just report the dude. He should just be banned. he is adding nothing to the community.
05/30/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Dorrell

Z,

At this point, after over two weeks of everything that's going on.... You're not going to get through to these players. They have one of three things going that will prevent them from understanding:

1) Incapable of determining any personal fault.
2) Refusal to listen to those who are trying to help them.
3) Stern mistrust in Blizzard and other on-line companies.

I'm seriously forming the opinion that a large portion of this backlash and misinformation concerning the "hacking" situation boils down to the on-line play only situation. Claiming and pretending to be the victim of the big bad system because they have to play on-line.

I'm not trying to derail the thread in any way, but right now, after all of these threads and all the whining and screaming concerning not wanting to get an account security program/device (one that is at cost or free)....

Not to say that some people didn't legitimately get hacked, but there is too much of a vocal backlash on fan sites and this forum to think that it's anything other than a grand grouping of QQ concerning the on-line only function of the game.

It could be that. Or it could be that the problem is larger than you are realizing. When websites are writing articles about accounts getting hacked into (we all know in an online world, this WILL happen just about everywhere), something isn't right. Why are so many people suddenly getting their accounts hi-jacked?

I really don't give a damn about the online-only function. It doesn't matter to me because I have a solid, stable internet connection. What does matter to me is when my account gets hacked in to even though I take nearly every precaution to prevent it. True, I should have had an authenticator, but just because I don't have one doesn't mean my account should be so vulnerable. And apparently this is happening to a significant number people.

All I can say is maybe you're right, but you're probably not.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]