I've been keeping track of all the small things that could be improved in Diablo 3, such as little earflicks and other improvements. Most of these should be not controversial, and since they probably don't have much to do with designers or game balance, I thought it'd be nice to start a thread about them.
Feel free to add to the list! I've written my suggestions in user story format just out of habit.
1) As a player, I want to have some sort of warning and/or confirmation box when I'm about to do something that will cause me to lose Nephalem Valor stacks so that I don't accidentally move or change an ability and lose my stacks.
2) As an Auction House user, I want a checkbox for "buyout only" so that I don't have to use a janky work-around.
3) As an advanced player, I want the option to show numerical cooldowns on my abilities so that I can better time them.
4) As a player, I want to be able to move and resize the chat window so that I can put it where I want it.
5) As a player, I want to be able to increase or decrease the font size in the chat window so that I can make it better for my monitor/resolution.
6) As a player, I want to see absorption effects on my health bar so that I can easily see and act on my remaining absorption shield.
7) As a Wizard, I want to see a buff icon for "Magic Weapon" and "Familiar" so that I can know its current status.
8) As a player, I want some way to retain my stacks of Nephalem Valor when I accidentally disconnect so that I don't feel terrible if I disconnect with a 5-stack before a boss.
9) As a player, I want a way to disable lore/story text from showing up in the chat frame so that I don't have to always scroll after an in-game conversation.
10) As a player, I want to have my previous follower always automatically follow me whenever I start a new single-player session so that I don't forget and have to go back.
11) As an Auction House user, I would like to be able to repair my items from the auction house so that I can sell them without going in the game.
12) As a Blacksmith, I want to see what tier an item is before I salvage it so I can know what materials to expect.
13) As a player, I want my pets/minions to not attack invulnerable targets and instead focus on vulnerable targets so that I can kill things faster.
14) As a player, I want the experience bar to hide once I hit the maximum level so that it doesn't take up unnecessary screen space.
15) As a player, I want to see what difficulty my friends are playing so that I can know if I'll be interested in joining them.
16) As a new player, I want to be made aware of "elective mode" once I've become familiar with the game so that I can learn about and try more advanced builds.
17) As a player, I want it so that only my accepted friends can autojoin my game so that I don't get surprised by "recent players" that aren't my friends while playing.
18) As an advanced player, I want the option to show numerical values around my health and power orbs so that I can make better decisions.
19) As an Auction House user, I want to see a detailed view about all steps in the buying/selling process so that I can know exactly what the status on my purchase is (ex: "XXX Gold paid for YYY item, (newline)YYY item received, (newline), YYY item sent to stash")
20) As a player, I want the game to automatically hit my next-best-potion type when I'm out of my current potion type so that I don't have to reassign it during a long fight.
21) As an Auction House user, I would like tooltips for damaged items to still show the item stats when looking at them from the sell menu so that I don't have to log into the game to see them (maybe just put "damaged" somewhere on the tooltip?).
22) As an Auction House user, I want to be able to have ascending/descending orders by stat in the Auction House UI so that I can better find an item I want.
23) As a player, I want a "build saver" so that I can easily change between builds rather than trying to remember them.
24) As a player, I want integration between the website's "build saver" and an in-game build saver so that I can screw around with builds while not logged in.
25) As an advanced player, I want to be able to move, scale, or hide any UI element so that I can make the UI convey me information in a more customized fashion.
26) As a player, I would like some way to get Tomes of Jewelcrafting in Inferno that's not cumbersome so that I can combine my square gems without going back to Hell difficulty.
27) As a player, I want a "Detailed Breakdown" option that allows me to compare stats such as resistances, magic finding, etc. so that I can better analyze item choices.
28) As a player, I want a private chat UI element so that it will be easier for me to hold multiple private conversations at once.
29) As a player, I want to be able to have a private chat room so that me and my friends can chat even if we're in different Diablo sessions.
30) As an advanced Auction House user, I want a more complex query interface with "OR"/"AND" for stats so that I can better find an item I want to buy.
31) As an Auction House user, I want to be able to see the stats of items that I've sold so that I can refer to previous sales when determining prices for new sales.
32) As a ranged player, I want invulnerable minions to not block projectiles so that I can actually kill an invulnerable minion pack. (More of an opinionated one :-P)
33) As a player, I want to be able to disable companion conversations so that I'm not annoyed hearing them all the time.
34) As a max level player, I want an option to skip all cutscenes/dialogue so that I don't have to constantly press the spacebar to advance in the current game flow.
35) As a player, I do not want my followers to initiate combat with elite, rare, or treasure goblins so that I can have more time to prepare to fight them.