05/30/2012 06:44 PMPosted by MatthestI've been keeping track of all the small things that could be improved in Diablo 3
1) As a player, I want to have some sort of warning and/or confirmation box when I'm about to do something that will cause me to lose Nephalem Valor stacks so that I don't accidentally move or change an ability and lose my stacks.
2) As an Auction House user, I want a checkbox for "buyout only" so that I don't have to use a janky work-around.
3) As an advanced player, I want the option to show numerical cooldowns on my abilities so that I can better time them.
4) As a player, I want to be able to move and resize the chat window so that I can put it where I want it.
5) As a player, I want to be able to increase or decrease the font size in the chat window so that I can make it better for my monitor/resolution.
6) As a player, I want to see absorption effects on my health bar so that I can easily see and act on my remaining absorption shield.
7) As a Wizard, I want to see a buff icon for "Magic Weapon" and "Familiar" so that I can know its current status.
8) As a player, I want some way to retain my stacks of Nephalem Valor when I accidentally disconnect so that I don't feel terrible if I disconnect with a 5-stack before a boss.
9) As a player, I want a way to disable lore/story text from showing up in the chat frame so that I don't have to always scroll after an in-game conversation.
10) As a player, I want to have my previous follower always automatically follow me whenever I start a new single-player session so that I don't forget and have to go back.
11) As an Auction House user, I would like to be able to repair my items from the auction house so that I can sell them without going in the game.
12) As a Blacksmith, I want to see what tier an item is before I salvage it so I can know what materials to expect.
13) As a player, I want my pets/minions to not attack invulnerable targets and instead focus on vulnerable targets so that I can kill things faster.
14) As a player, I want the experience bar to hide once I hit the maximum level so that it doesn't take up unnecessary screen space.
15) As a player, I want to see what difficulty my friends are playing so that I can know if I'll be interested in joining them.
16) As a new player, I want to be made aware of "elective mode" once I've become familiar with the game so that I can learn about and try more advanced builds.
17) As a player, I want it so that only my accepted friends can autojoin my game so that I don't get surprised by "recent players" that aren't my friends while playing.
18) As an advanced player, I want the option to show numerical values around my health and power orbs so that I can make better decisions.
19) As an Auction House user, I want to see a detailed view about all steps in the buying/selling process so that I can know exactly what the status on my purchase is (ex: "XXX Gold paid for YYY item, (newline)YYY item received, (newline), YYY item sent to stash")
20) As a player, I want the game to automatically hit my next-best-potion type when I'm out of my current potion type so that I don't have to reassign it during a long fight.
21) As an Auction House user, I would like tooltips for damaged items to still show the item stats when looking at them from the sell menu so that I don't have to log into the game to see them (maybe just put "damaged" somewhere on the tooltip?).
22) As an Auction House user, I want to be able to have ascending/descending orders by stat in the Auction House UI so that I can better find an item I want.
23) As a player, I want a "build saver" so that I can easily change between builds rather than trying to remember them.
24) As a player, I want integration between the website's "build saver" and an in-game build saver so that I can screw around with builds while not logged in.
25) As an advanced player, I want to be able to move, scale, or hide any UI element so that I can make the UI convey me information in a more customized fashion.
26) As a player, I would like some way to get Tomes of Jewelcrafting in Inferno that's not cumbersome so that I can combine my square gems without going back to Hell difficulty.
27) As a player, I want a "Detailed Breakdown" option that allows me to compare stats such as resistances, magic finding, etc. so that I can better analyze item choices.
28) As a player, I want a private chat UI element so that it will be easier for me to hold multiple private conversations at once.
29) As a player, I want to be able to have a private chat room so that me and my friends can chat even if we're in different Diablo sessions.
30) As an advanced Auction House user, I want a more complex query interface with "OR"/"AND" for stats so that I can better find an item I want to buy.
31) As an Auction House user, I want to be able to see the stats of items that I've sold so that I can refer to previous sales when determining prices for new sales.
32) As a ranged player, I want invulnerable minions to not block projectiles so that I can actually kill an invulnerable minion pack. (More of an opinionated one :-P)
33) As a player, I want to be able to disable companion conversations so that I'm not annoyed hearing them all the time.
34) As a max level player, I want an option to skip all cutscenes/dialogue so that I don't have to constantly press the spacebar to advance in the current game flow.
35) As a player, I do not want my followers to initiate combat with elite, rare, or treasure goblins so that I can have more time to prepare to fight them.
I've been keeping track of all the small things that could be improved in Diablo 3
PHEW! Well, again, thanks for compiling that, thanks to everyone for your continued feedback. There's a lot here we're already aware of, working on, or have already implemented in a patch, and I realize there are a fair amount of other concerns not covered here that are also being addressed. We'll have some additional information on upcoming patches and improvements in the weeks ahead. Keep cool.
06/01/2012 01:34 PMPosted by CogwheelIt's already shown through the loading tips, but we're looking to also add it as a tutorial tip that will show up whenever you begin a new difficulty from Nightmare-on.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.