Diablo® III

35 Small Improvements for Diablo 3

Bashiok,

AWESOME response. Lots of good ideas and it's nice to see you guys are working on them.
Keep up the good work.
60 Orc Warrior
Wow,

I think Bashiok actually restored my faith that things are going to get better. I thought that would be a pretty tough task but it actually sounds like you guys are trying really hard (It isn't like I thought you were all laughing and relaxing), its just that we dont get to see that, and its only when you guys do something like "These are things we are looking to change/improve in future" that we get to hear about anything

this
This thread is now full of win. Very excited for the future of the game now.
As a player, I want a private chat UI element so that it will be easier for me to hold multiple private conversations at once.

Similar to question number 4 it's not something we're opposed to, but isn't easily pulled off due to how our UI works. We do want to improve the chat UI though, absolutely.

Why did you guys make your own UI so hard to work with? Especially if the only people working on it are you guys. lol
Edited by Bobity#1521 on 6/1/2012 1:52 PM PDT
34) As a max level player, I want an option to skip all cutscenes/dialogue so that I don't have to constantly press the spacebar to advance in the current game flow.

If you hit Esc during any 'forced' conversations, cutscenes, etc. you can skip right through them. We think it works pretty well. I'd be open to hearing any specific issues it's causing, though.

Perhaps have an option to just disable them completely. Even though the Esc option is nice, I'd rather not have to do it at all.
I want to be able to search for more than 3 options on the AH, for example I'm having a chest with 40 vitality, 40 strength, 25 all resist, 3 sockets. Atm I can't search for a direct upgrade to this since you can only search for 3 options. Also I don't want to include items that are already socketed.
I would like to see some COWS on the secret level. Cows that moo/gurgle when you slaughter them. { Perhaps add in some other evil farm animals as well..chickens and pigs } Feel free to add them in the next patch. Thank you for your consideration.
Edited by Dirtymeat#1950 on 6/1/2012 1:52 PM PDT
You are awesome! This is all we've ever wanted. Better communication, even just answering small questions. This has answered about 90% of my own questions that have been lingering for a while now.

I really appreciate this detailed response, it makes a big difference in community communications. =D
Edited by Bashiok on 6/1/2012 2:07 PM PDT
06/01/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Bashiok
If you hit Esc during any 'forced' conversations, cutscenes, etc. you can skip right through them. We think it works pretty well. I'd be open to hearing any specific issues it's causing, though.

When watching Imperius and Tyreal talk right before the first A4 boss, Escape doesn't skip that conversation. It skips your conversation w/ Tyreal afterwards, though.
06/01/2012 01:49 PMPosted by viva

Multiple part conversations take a ton of esc presses before finally being able to progress. It's annoying to wait for the delay when loading the cutscene if I'm just going to skip it. There are forced conversations you can't skip (generally when the chat icon is over their head - i.e. in the beginning of Act IV when Tyrael is talking or when you first meet the scoundrel). Terribly annoying to have to wait when I just want the to grind through the game.

Spacebar works in these cases.
100 Night Elf Hunter
06/01/2012 01:46 PMPosted by OmniCorp

I have an SSD and a fast computer (not e-peen wavingly fast, but it was top end just over a year ago). I've never once seen, let alone had time to read, any loading screen tips. I don't think that was ever a good way to communicate game features, fwiw.

I have a 10K RPM HD and a computer that was e-peen wavingly fast 2 years ago and I've never seen a loading screen.

I don't have an SSD and am able to read the tips on the loading screens fine. (Yay for slow computers!)

However, I remember how frustrated I'd become while playing Kingdom of Amalur and miss an important tip because my screen loaded too fast. It was particularly annoying because they aren't listed anyplace else--KoA's online manual is very sparse.

Perhaps what would work for Diablo is if there were a place to access the tips? Such as, part of D3's own online manual?
I'd like to see an alternate weapon toggle like in D2. Having a different setup could help out with trying to get rid of different elite groups.
Wow!!! Thanks for all of the responses Bash! :)
Decent post but was it really necessary to start each idea with as a player...
1. Thanks for the awesome response. Really. Thank you.

2. As an auction house user, when you create an auction for an item, once you put it in the window, but before finalizing the auction, it would be amazing if the game would automatically pull up similar auction items so that you could readily determine a list price, rather than having to search, jump back to sell, search, etc.

Even something as simple as a "suggested sale price" if the game could glean that from current auction house items, would be awesome.
View profile
06/01/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Vasces
Now, does everyone see what happens when you post constructive things on a clear and readable way?!?

^ The man speaks truth.

06/01/2012 01:52 PMPosted by RiVenoX

When watching Imperius and Tyreal talk right before the first A4 boss, Escape doesn't skip that conversation. It skips your conversation w/ Tyreal afterwards, though.

It will skip any conversation that opens a text box with a red X. Any conversations that only do a speech bubble, no, sadly.
Edited by AlexValcarde#1276 on 6/1/2012 1:56 PM PDT
Speaking in general about monster affixes:
Posted by Lylirra

The intention is for there to be differences in the difficulties of the monster packs. Some are hard, some are easy -- and some may seem impossible. When you are first beginning Inferno, you can pick off the easy ones without much challenge, but you may have to skip some of the harder ones. That's okay. As you become more powerful, you can survive better, deal more damage, and take on some of the affix packs you previously chose to avoid. And after gearing up even further, eventually you can take them all on. It won't be a cakewalk, but you won't run in abject terror the next time you see that Invulnerable Minions combo pack sauntering your way (okay...you might run a little). Certain monster affixes will also punish certain skill builds more than others, as many of our affixes do.

We've been watching feedback closely about all the affix types and we've seen a lot of responses to concerns such as "I have no problem with them" or "use skill X instead and you'll be fine" or "I used to have trouble but then I got some X gear and now I'm fine". This is what we intend to happen over time.

Speaking of Invulnerable Minions specifically:

All that said, we definitely are paying attention to your feedback (as mentioned earlier), and we'll make adjustments to monster affixes as we see necessary. We will always intend that some affixes are harder than others, and we'll mostly be making adjustments to ensure some affixes aren't radically out of line.

***I was trying to reply to another thread about invulnerable, but it maxed out so I hope you don't mind me posting it here!***

I agree that many of the affixes are challenging -- especially shielding, invulnerable, and reflect. There's a sense of accomplishment when I down them.

! Just got an idea: if you have not done so already, maybe add such kills as achievements? "Kill X amount of Invulnerables" or something.

However, I hope the team will consider turning most of these affixes into spells with cooldowns for the monsters instead of being passives.

Such as the Shielding one. A player would be able to recognize that the monster has activated it. The player would then attack another monster or avoid taking damage until he/she can attack again.

So, if this was applied to others such as Reflect, it would allow more skillful play.
For instance, if Reflect appears as a unique aura -- or any kind of graphical change to the monster -- then players will be able to identify it through experience and use the strategies they see fit.

As a demon hunter, the only thing I can do against Reflect is spam damage on the target and smoke screen. This method even takes a few deaths at the moment in order to kill the monster.
Edited by MrWD#1135 on 6/1/2012 1:56 PM PDT
Why does everyone have to keep quoting Bashiok's ENTIRE post. It's really rather annoying, we get it, quote the first part of his conversation.

See these forums have this cool option, where you can highlight a piece of conversation and hit 'quote' and it will quote that section and that one only.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]