Diablo® III

35 Small Improvements for Diablo 3

Community Manager
06/01/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Firestorm
I personally think buying an item on the AH that is damaged is a major annoyance.

Ah yes! Right so when you buy it, it's repaired for you.
The problem with having to hit esc in cutscenes is that the cutscenes *remove control of the character from the player*. This should never happen, it is like having your nervous system ripped out.

That and they are intolerable wastes of time.

yeah thats what i said a few up in a much longer post lol
One could think Blizzard were a small indy developer with a 5 man crew. These small Iterations will be drawn out over years. I'm sure Blizz has the manpower to fix/improve/add most of this stuff in a couple of weeks.
06/01/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
I personally think buying an item on the AH that is damaged is a major annoyance.

06/01/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Bashiok
Ah yes! Right so when you buy it, it's repaired for you.

i very much like you bashiok. your listening, its a good start.
06/01/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Bashiok
35) As a player, I do not want my followers to initiate combat with elite, rare, or treasure goblins so that I can have more time to prepare to fight them.

We have some AI tweaks to do with followers, we know this can get pretty annoying (or deadly).

Maybe also make them not sheepishly stay in molten/desecration/plague/arcane or environment death zones? :)
33) As a player, I want to be able to disable companion conversations so that I'm not annoyed hearing them all the time.

GLORIOUS!

We're well aware. ;)

I was thinking about this today, a fun twist would be to make it an attribute on the follower token "of mute"
90 Blood Elf Warlock
06/01/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Flobsen
One could think Blizzard were a small indy developer with a 5 man crew. These small Iterations will be drawn out over years. I'm sure Blizz has the manpower to fix/improve/add most of this stuff in a couple of weeks.

Take a look at some of the newer indie devs and the games they're putting out. They're on par with Blizzard's old quality.

I miss the old Blizzard before they were forced to meet financial deadlines instead of quality deadlines.
06/01/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Flobsen

lol they have released 2 patches and a number of hot-fixes since launch (which wasnt long ago)
these problems will be fixed shortly have some patience, even though i will agree they are almost not worthy of it.
90 Orc Shaman
Wow, a blue posted on a thread with sensible ideas, and responded to said sensible ideas!

i'm...i'm...well, my perception of cms has been shifted more towards favorable. :)
So, are monk weapon animations being worked on? And if they are, when might we see them? Next patch, perhaps? Sorry for posting three times about his...
I really appreciate your effort and all those answers you gave, I honestly do, but from my point of view, the game has more serious issues that need to be resolved rather than UI matters and cinematic skips. Still, it's much better than nothing. Thank you.
Wow, a blue posted on a thread with sensible ideas, and responded to said sensible ideas!

i'm...i'm...well, my perception of cms has been shifted more towards favorable. :)

isnt it amazing?
06/01/2012 03:20 PMPosted by sheltomlee
OK now where is the 35 MAJOR improvements for Diablo 3 thread?

these improvements are going to make the game alot better, can you imagine being able to sort by the amount of stat you are receiving in the AH? or being able to not have to re-enter game to view what you have on or repair. one of the things i mentioned is in next patch, this looks amazing.
When comparing items in the Auction House to what we have equipped, it would be fantastic to see the same stat comparison that we see in game for damage, armor, life, etc. Not having to do the math to figure out if +55 STR and +8% attack speed is better than +120 STR and +7-10 damage would be wonderful.

*looks down* Yes, what he said under me.
Edited by techwolf#1755 on 6/1/2012 3:25 PM PDT
IDK if hes still listening but here goes.

As a Auction House user and in game trader id like to see the +/- stats items give me in the AH and the trade window to know exactly what im getting Dmg, Vita and Def wise.

This would also help the transition for players who are switching to 2h weps from 1h weps or vise-versa. As a monk its kind of confusing trying to pick between the two w/o actually having something close to compare, so this would also help with that. it would also prevent players from wasting money on items that aren't really upgrades.
I agree to all of the above. +1
The ability to see companion / pets hp would also be nice.
Great suggestions! I've been thinking of some of these myself! One thing that I would like to add as a suggestion or modification to the "lock action bars" option would be an option that actually makes a "click-through" UI. What I mean by this is that while you would still be able to hover over the various icons to see tooltips and keyboard shortcuts, clicking on the UI area would amount to the same as clicking on the play area that the UI obstructs. This would address the conditions under which this sort of accidental dragging usually occurs, which is typically trying to run away from monsters by swinging the mouse in the general direction you want to run and holding down the button. Maybe a bit more advanced and specific overall, but IMO for the reasons we want this usability fix, it addresses the entire snowball of ill effects from this human error.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]