Diablo® III

35 Small Improvements for Diablo 3

Not bad.

#9 --- exists, but is hidden under sound options for some insane reason.
#20 --- it should use the best potion you have that does not overheal you. If you are finding 2500 heal potions and only have 1800 life, for example, it should not use those unless it is all you have, and use a lower potion. If you are hit for 1000 it should not waste a 5000 heal potion if you have a 1000 in stock. Etc.

#26 agreed: the easy fix is to have a second recipe that uses up the higher level item to do the job. I personally would not like to see lowbie items drop at higher levels as a fix --- would inferno still drop the normal level pages too???

#32: the only one I do not agree with, I feel that invincible or shield guys are part of the challenge and equalize the difficult between ranged and melee classes. I say this as a ranged class only player.
Edited by Jonnin#1861 on 5/31/2012 10:04 AM PDT
I am Lord Dragon Master,

and I approve this message.
+1
+1. Sticky requested.
Solid suggestions.
#827 - As a player, I'd like to able to toggle the aggressiveness of my companions. Some possibilities could be:

Aggressive -- companion actively pursues and initiates new battles
Balanced -- companion does not initiate new battles, will not pursue runners and will attack monsters only within XX feet of the player
Defensive -- companion will only attack the target the player is targeting. Alternatively, companion will attack the monster closest to the player (...and not the friggin treasure goblins)
85 Gnome Mage
+35 FOR EACH IDEA! WE ALL WANT ALL OF THIS INGAME NOW!
05/31/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Jonnin
#20 --- it should use the best potion you have that does not overheal you. If you are finding 2500 heal potions and only have 1800 life, for example, it should not use those unless it is all you have, and use a lower potion. If you are hit for 1000 it should not waste a 5000 heal potion if you have a 1000 in stock. Etc.

Eh I think there's some design discussion and implications there. I mostly wanted this list to stay away from design implications and stick to stuff that's probably not controversial and just general polish. Having to right click to go to your next potion is just awkward and probably not the optimal experience.
As a player I want the ability to compare net stat change from 2H to DW weapons
85 Gnome Mage
1) As a player, I want to have some sort of warning and/or confirmation box when I'm about to do something that will cause me to lose Nephalem Valor stacks so that I don't accidentally move or change an ability and lose my stacks. AGREE

2) As an Auction House user, I want a checkbox for "buyout only" so that I don't have to use a janky work-around. AGREE

3) As an advanced player, I want the option to show numerical cooldowns on my abilities so that I can better time them. AGREE

4) As a player, I want to be able to move and resize the chat window so that I can put it where I want it. AGREE

5) As a player, I want to be able to increase or decrease the font size in the chat window so that I can make it better for my monitor/resolution. AGREE

6) As a player, I want to see absorption effects on my health bar so that I can easily see and act on my remaining absorption shield. AGREE

7) As a Wizard, I want to see a buff icon for "Magic Weapon" and "Familiar" so that I can know its current status. AGREE

8) As a player, I want some way to retain my stacks of Nephalem Valor when I accidentally disconnect so that I don't feel terrible if I disconnect with a 5-stack before a boss. AGREE

10) As a player, I want to have my previous follower always automatically follow me whenever I start a new single-player session so that I don't forget and have to go back. AGREE AGREE AGREE

11) As an Auction House user, I would like to be able to repair my items from the auction house so that I can sell them without going in the game. AGREE AGREE AGREE

12) As a Blacksmith, I want to see what tier an item is before I salvage it so I can know what materials to expect. AGREE AGREE

14) As a player, I want the experience bar to hide once I hit the maximum level so that it doesn't take up unnecessary screen space. AGREE AGREE AGREE

15) As a player, I want to see what difficulty my friends are playing so that I can know if I'll be interested in joining them. AGREE AGREE AGREE

17) As a player, I want it so that only my accepted friends can autojoin my game so that I don't get surprised by "recent players" that aren't my friends while playing. AGREE AGREE AGREE

18) As an advanced player, I want the option to show numerical values around my health and power orbs so that I can make better decisions. AGREE

19) As an Auction House user, I want to see a detailed view about all steps in the buying/selling process so that I can know exactly what the status on my purchase is (ex: "XXX Gold paid for YYY item, (newline)YYY item received, (newline), YYY item sent to stash") AGREE

20) As a player, I want the game to automatically hit my next-best-potion type when I'm out of my current potion type so that I don't have to reassign it during a long fight. AGREE

21) As an Auction House user, I would like tooltips for damaged items to still show the item stats when looking at them from the sell menu so that I don't have to log into the game to see them (maybe just put "damaged" somewhere on the tooltip?). AGREE AGREE AGREE

22) As an Auction House user, I want to be able to have ascending/descending orders by stat in the Auction House UI so that I can better find an item I want. AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE

23) As a player, I want a "build saver" so that I can easily change between builds rather than trying to remember them. AGREE AGREE AGREE

26) As a player, I would like some way to get Tomes of Jewelcrafting in Inferno that's not cumbersome so that I can combine my square gems without going back to Hell difficulty. AGREE AGREE AGREE

27) As a player, I want a "Detailed Breakdown" option that allows me to compare stats such as resistances, magic finding, etc. so that I can better analyze item choices. AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE

28) As a player, I want a private chat UI element so that it will be easier for me to hold multiple private conversations at once. AGREE AGREE AGREE

29) As a player, I want to be able to have a private chat room so that me and my friends can chat even if we're in different Diablo sessions. AGREE

30) As an advanced Auction House user, I want a more complex query interface with "OR"/"AND" for stats so that I can better find an item I want to buy. AGREE

31) As an Auction House user, I want to be able to see the stats of items that I've sold so that I can refer to previous sales when determining prices for new sales. AGREE AGREE AGREE

32) As a ranged player, I want invulnerable minions to not block projectiles so that I can actually kill an invulnerable minion pack. (More of an opinionated one :-P) AGREE + haha

33) As a player, I want to be able to disable companion conversations so that I'm not annoyed hearing them all the time. AGREE AGREE

34) As a max level player, I want an option to skip all cutscenes/dialogue so that I don't have to constantly press the spacebar to advance in the current game flow. AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE

35) As a player, I do not want my followers to initiate combat with elite, rare, or treasure goblins so that I can have more time to prepare to fight them.
AGREE AGREE AGREE
05/30/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Matthest
27) As a player, I want a "Detailed Breakdown" option that allows me to compare stats such as resistances, magic finding, etc. so that I can better analyze item choices.

05/30/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Matthest
29) As a player, I want to be able to have a private chat room so that me and my friends can chat even if we're in different Diablo sessions.

These 2 are already implemented
100 Orc Warrior
I'm sure you do not played diablo 2... what a trivial request... /facepalm
Edited by Cave#1838 on 5/31/2012 12:28 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
As a demon hunter I would like to be able to dismiss my companion (not follower) without committing suicide and/or changing the skill.

As a auction house user, I would like that gems are not calculated into the stat totals of items when browsing.
Edited by Weasel#1263 on 5/31/2012 12:34 PM PDT
Wow, the only one I don't agree with is #24. It would be too much work and is totally unnecessary.

Also, #12, I find that it doesn't matter. I'm only in Nightmare, but I broke down a magical item and got a yellow eye of some sort. Well, it said right there that this item can be gotten by salvaging RARE items. Well every eye I've gotten has been from magical (blue) items, so I don't think it matters.
Shame this is getting buried so quickly. so many good suggestions.
Agreed on all counts.
Don't forget hide the minimap, man it's just too big...
+1 Well written and not a troll post. Fantastic job sir.
+1
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]