Diablo® III

Just got Diablo on Inferno, offering tips

Was a pretty sick fight, and I killed every major boss solo so if you need any advice I would be happy to answer. My final stats for diablo was 45k dps, 25k health, and 47 disp.
Edited by ZBL#1991 on 6/3/2012 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My question is where to farm gear.....and how
Reply Quote
well if you are not past act 2 then butcher runs are not too bad.. I had maybe 27k dps before going into act 2 and just slowly progressed through it. If you can make it to act 3 the siegebreaker quest is one of the best places to farm since tyrael joins you, and he is a really good tank and also does a sick amount of damage.
Reply Quote
I'm just starting inferno here, I have one question.

- Given what I've read from most class forums and other boards, I've gathered that important stats to focus on are dex, attack speed, crit and crit damage. What I've also noticed is a lack of people emphasizing vit and all resistances, unlike say, the barbs (for obvious reasons). I'm going to guess that vit is still important to a degree, but what about resistances?
Reply Quote
To be honest there is pretty much no point of vitality and all resistance, as past act 1 you will not be able to survive a hit without sacrificing an insane amount of damage. However, blizzard did post that they are looking to lower the spikiness of damage in inferno, so in the future vitality and all resistance could be of use. I hovered around 27k health and I still try to get some vit on my gear but really you should focus purely on damage stats.
Reply Quote
How much Dexterity and attack speed did you havE?
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 05:33 PMPosted by ChiGGz
How much Dexterity and attack speed did you havE?

1700 dex and 2.41 attacks per second. ias rings, ammy, and gloves are a necessity and i prefer to use a bow since its much faster then crossbow
Edited by ZBL#1991 on 6/3/2012 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What is your strategy for the fight (especially on phase 2)?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
im level 50 what solo build do you use to do infero ? rerolled from a monk spent 30m on gear to still struggle
Reply Quote
how the hell did u kill rakanoth... i can't get close @ all... also what did u prefer crit damage or %?
Reply Quote
Post build you used for Azmodan please, I'm upto it now. And have you finished the game or did you just skip Acts like every other douche?
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 05:40 PMPosted by arceo
What is your strategy for the fight (especially on phase 2)?

I would reccomend this video for diablo inferno, as I pretty much copied it exactly and eventually got the kill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9FkRSTvtJM

06/03/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Røcker
im level 50 what solo build do you use to do infero ? rerolled from a monk spent 30m on gear to still struggle

My main build was hungering arrow w/ devouring, nether tentacles, rapid fire with rockets, caltrops with immoblize, SS w/ lingering, and prep w/ backup plan. Passives were usually tactical advantage, archery, and steady aim. However, for bosses I changed a lot of stuff around.

06/03/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Windup
how the hell did u kill rakanoth... i can't get close @ all... also what did u prefer crit damage or %?

Yeah that was one of the hardest fights, the most important part is recognizing his animation for teleport so you can smoke screen and avoid the death. It basically came down to backup plan proccing twice on that fight, and I really liked caltrops w/ immobilize for stunning the adds when they spawn and killing them as fast as possible. And I actually have no gear with anything crit.
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Bapupa
Post build you used for Azmodan please, I'm upto it now. And have you finished the game or did you just skip Acts like every other douche?

Nope, killed every single boss solo and did not skip anything. I actually thought Azmodan was the easiest of the major fights. I had a pretty specific nuke build for it, using mark of death w/ hatred regen, bat with hatred regen, SS w/ lingering, prep w/ backup, and devouring/nether tentacles. Nether tentacles is the key to the fight as the spell hits him like 5 times since he is so big and the idea of the build is to just pretty much spam the spell the entire fight and I killed him in less then a minute. Sometimes you can get unlucky and have a pool spawn right underneath you. Theres nothing to do about that, but its basically just an RNG fight that should not take too long.
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 05:53 PMPosted by ZBL

Nope, killed every single boss solo and did not skip anything. I actually thought Azmodan was the easiest of the major fights. I had a pretty specific nuke build for it, using mark of death w/ hatred regen, bat with hatred regen, SS w/ lingering, prep w/ backup, and devouring/nether tentacles. Nether tentacles is the key to the fight as the spell hits him like 5 times since he is so big and the idea of the build is to just pretty much spam the spell the entire fight and I killed him in less then a minute. Sometimes you can get unlucky and have a pool spawn right underneath you. Theres nothing to do about that, but its basically just an RNG fight that should not take too long.

Well, good to hear that u did it all, props to you good sir. Thanks for the build I shall try it out, I'm still doing Heart of Sin so not long till I face the fat slug.
Reply Quote
good luck! watching GoT now will check back in an hour or so if anyone else has questions
Edited by ZBL#1991 on 6/3/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 06:26 PMPosted by relaxedfire
Hey I'm stuck on Diablo right now... can you help me? Give me tips or something?

just follow this video, its not mine but its what I used

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9FkRSTvtJM
Reply Quote
hello im a level newly 60 demon hunter i just got lvl 60 about an hour ago and im very curious so you use a bow and quiver? would dual wielding xbows do more damage? and what would you get reguraly on farming act 1 or 2?
Reply Quote
Ok, I will be beating Diablo 3 on hell soon (next couple of days). My DH equipment is very bad. I really doubt i will be able to get far at all on inferno once i unlock it. My question is how do i go about making my lvl 60 stronger (im guessing farming but where and on what difficulty) once i beat hell so that inferno is less impossible. Thanks
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Trashman
hello im a level newly 60 demon hunter i just got lvl 60 about an hour ago and im very curious so you use a bow and quiver? would dual wielding xbows do more damage? and what would you get reguraly on farming act 1 or 2?

you should never dual wield as a quiver is pretty much always better then another 1handed xbow. If you wanted, you could use a 1h xbow and a quiver, and I actually did for that most of act 1 as the attack speed is pretty fun.

06/03/2012 07:08 PMPosted by LightningWar
Ok, I will be beating Diablo 3 on hell soon (next couple of days). My DH equipment is very bad. I really doubt i will be able to get far at all on inferno once i unlock it. My question is how do i go about making my lvl 60 stronger (im guessing farming but where and on what difficulty) once i beat hell so that inferno is less impossible. Thanks

Well I had enough money just by selling stuff on the auction house that by the time I got to inferno I was able to buy a 800 or so dps weapon. However, if you can't afford that, then I would just farm act 3 hell siegebreaker with tyrael.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]