Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Freezes Computer (Only Recently)

i tried this but unfortunately i still experience complete freezing of my entire keyboard, screen, and mouse except for the power button which thankfully still reboots my comp.
Reply Quote
84 Goblin Mage
I just started experiencing this since the latest patch as well. I have not had any software or hardware changes other than windows updates. You don't even get any sort of error screen etc. I just have to use the power button to force a reboot since ctrl+alt+delete nor ctrl+shift+esc has any effect.

i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz
16gb DD3
Win7-64bit on 64gb SSD
D3 on 256gb SSD
Radeon HD 6970

Running as administrator and all drivers are up to date.

EDIT: It seems the problem was on my end. I had neglected to update my SSD firmware and I was hitting the 5184 hour bug. Everything is now running just fine.
Edited by Vladoz#1699 on 6/19/2012 3:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This has been happening for me for about 2 weeks. Screen will stutter and I get buzzing sounds. I am able to use task manager though but it lags out my whole computer, but as soon as I close agent32.exe it returns to normal. Another weird thing is my wifi signal bars have the yellow exclamation point box on it, and as soon as i fully close the game out and give it a minute my internet works just fine. This is probably the most frustrating game experience i've ever encountered. If 1.0.3 doesn't help this game=frisbee.
Reply Quote
I am still having similar issues as everyone one else here. I've read most of the posts and this issue seems to be happening on different graphics card/CPU setups. I've tried almost everything to fix this issue without buying new hardware which just isn't worth it for one game.

The only thing people haven't been telling us what they have as far as their systems go is what type of routers they are running. I'm running a 4 year old Linksys draft N router which does give me trouble from time to time. I doubt that is the cause but I'm running out of ideas and am curious as to what types of routers everyone else is running. We need to find similarities in our systems to see what the cause is.

And keep this thread alive so Bliz doesn't forget about this problem.
Reply Quote
Hello

I am one of those as someone else put it, a "lurker". Never really interested in posting in forums as i find it always seemed pointless to game devs and always ends up in quirky flings of abuse by morons with a huge sense of security behind their computer screen ^^

But i must add a damned bump for justice to this thread. I really do not care if a problem was made on their end so long as they fix it.

No one here is stupid, clearly its no fault of peoples hardware specs, im sure you have all tried lowering your settings to no avail. This random freezing has got to stop, i am not going to sit here and lie, im pretty pissed i just lost my lvl30 Wizard on hardcore mode. Im not going to try ask for a replacement or rage at the devs.

Mistakes were made and i would just like to see a reletively enjoyable game put back to a reletively playable state, right now it is just not.... especially when you have such a mechanic in the game where freezing and then disconnecting or freezing and rubber banding to a dead corspe is a game breaking fault.

Tony
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
HELLO BROTHERS IN PAIN.
IS ANY ADMIN OF THIS EXCUSE OF A GAMING COMPANY (BLIZZARD FOR WHO DIDNT GUESS) GOING TO ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS???
THE DIABLO 3 GAME JUST BURNT MY PERFECTLY GOOD WORKING GRAPHICS CARD (GEFORCE 7950 GX2). IT HAPPENED BECAUSE OF ALL THIS HARD SHUT DOWN DUE TO THE GAME FREEZING MY SYSTEM...
ANYONE OUT THERE TO AT LEAST TRY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM?????????
NOT TO MENTION THAT I HAVE TO SPEND NOW MORE THEN THE VALUE OF THIS PATETIC GAME TO BUY MYSELF A NEW VIDEO CARD
Edited by scorpio#2419 on 6/19/2012 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same here was just gonna play it fails badly.. tried 3-4 times nothing wtf .. this the first time this happend to me after a new paitch or an update... very anoying..
Reply Quote
Same here. Been playing since release. But yesterday i my game started freezing up. It freezes for about 20 sec, then i'm able to alt+tab out, and back in, only to play for few minutes before it happens again. I didn't change anything, it just suddenly startet happening. SERIOUSLY frustrating!

Little update: After the patch (1.0.3) i was able to play for a few hours without it freezing up. I actually thought they solved the problem. But no, it froze again after about 3 hours
Edited by GrN#2535 on 6/20/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
bumpage:

i7 930
nvidia 250gts
win 7 64 bit
asus p6x58de motherboard
6gb triple channel ddr3 ram
over 1tb of free HD space

freezes as soon as diablo launcher/game pops up, sometimes 5 mins in, sometimes it halts the system unrecoverably, sometimes i get a bsod
Reply Quote
its probably GPU overheating guys. Many players from EU also having this issue. no reply from blizz yet as always.
Reply Quote
Ses you honestly think that everyone here receiving these freezing or crashes didnt check their GPU's. Granted it can be an issue due to cards being overworked but its not down to the person PC specs.... since recently somethings got an unfortunate minority of players systems spooked and doing all kinds of un-normal things.

I personally think its something to do with authentication stuff again because sometimes if your lucky enough the game bounces back after a freeze when you wait. Either that or your disconnected which would beg the question about their server's. I bet you if all of these paople could play OFFLINE there would be no problems at all they couldnt be able to solve without having this huge forum of flags being waved.

sucks really!
Reply Quote
im kinda getting pissed .... still no reply...
Reply Quote
yea see if your d3debug file says any of this? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889309212 i honestly dont know if it means anything but it at least looks like it indicates something is failing i dunno what tho
Reply Quote
yea jus checked an mine also show FPS: 0 what gives? i got a reply last night from a blue but it was far from helpful, an since then no reply at all.
Reply Quote
Quad 6600 2.4Ghz
9800GT 512mb
3GB ram
Window 7

I got my self a lv53Wizard(Hardcore) before the patch 1.03. I didnt experience anything like that. After the patch i get 3second freeze..

I know you would say my computer is slow, but it doesn't happen before.
Edited by Flysword#1411 on 6/21/2012 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've had the same issue. I thought it was my processor, as my PC isn't he best. It would suddenly freeze and the sound would have that froze stuttering. I would have to ctrl-alt-del to task manager and close the program, everything fine. However I was at my brother's house about 100 miles away visiting. I told him how I am getting "removed from game" a lot and recently I've been freezing. He told me he's never froze before. Anyways I got on his PC to show him my character. 10 minutes in, HIS PC froze..but only on my account. No idea.
Reply Quote
This has happened to me twice today for the first time. Absolutely no system changes. I can control alt delete (Win 7 Ultimate) and open task manager to force quit the game. It's not my system freezing up. Everything else works fine while Diablo is frozen. The music is still playing in game. Out of three runs today it has frozen twice.
Reply Quote
opens up fine for me, but once i sign in i pass everything and it freezes when loading my character but still has the music playing in the background
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]