Diablo® III

Proc Ratios for all Barbarian Skills

So I was a little bored this morning and decided to experiment with LoH on my barbarian. I bought some cheap LoH items from the AH and went to A1 Inferno. The results are summarized in the spreadsheet below:
Google Doc (8/23/12):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAQWh3lS4ZUdGtaZFc3VGhxRXJzNWdISVZWeENoU0E

Image (7/3/12):
http://i.imgur.com/vDqWp.png

If anyone else is willing, some of the numbers need independent verification. The notes at the bottom of the image explain some of the anomalous results I found.

Edits:
June 5th Update:
Frenzy - Sidearm confirmed to grant LoH by Miigzz.

June 9th Update:
Frenzy - Sidearm results still anomalous, couldn't verify Miigzz results.
Revenge - Grudge and Overpower - Revel confirmed to grant 33% LoH.
HotA - Rolling Thunder still doesn't seem to grant LoH.
Image changed to GoogleDocs spreadsheet.

June 13th Update:
Image added back per request.
Frenzy - Sidearm axe still not giving LoH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EScuohD6qo&t=0m45s

June 18th Update:
Wyatt Cheng confirms that LoH ratios are actually proc ratios used for all barb skills:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/uoooj/i_am_we_are_wyatt_cheng_andrew_chambers_and_jay/c4x8cqw

July 3rd Update:
As Nubtro pointed out on the 3rd page, some ratios have changed. I was able to verify that WotB - Slaughter's 'blood explosion' AoE damage no longer grants LoH and that Weapon Throw - Dread Bomb is now only 25% per target. Unspecified 1.03 patch change or experimental error, either way, thanks Nubtro!

August 23rd Update:
Five changes made as listed in the 1.0.4 patch notes, see second page of Google Doc for details.
Edited by JarthMader#1270 on 8/23/2012 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
From someone that appreciates a well laid out spreadsheet... thank you!! Great information for Barbs.
Reply Quote
Excellent data! Thank you for taking the time to compile this.
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot. I wanted to go do this myself but I was being way to lazy to commit to it.
Reply Quote
Biggest advice would be to try to get 30 % block with a nice black number.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Simply spiffy! Thanks!
Reply Quote
This is great research. Thank you for the effort.
Reply Quote
You, sir, are a hero.
Reply Quote
Very nice work. Thanks man. I requested this be stickied! Extremely useful for inferno barbs.
Reply Quote
Post to read for later! Great work tho!
Reply Quote
+1 sticky, great stuff OP

Edit: upon further thought (and reading another email) I may see If I can get some time for my own tests too...I'm thinking of the comparably differences between Life on hit with 1 weapon vs. 2 (I'm assuming that a 2h gets similar results as a 1h with shield when the LoH is the same).

Unless someone already has done the math, I'm interested in how DW 2 weapons both with LoH impact your ratio's
Edited by Elyx#1465 on 6/4/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is awesome! Thanks for the data.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys! Just happy to be contributing. Hopefully we can eventually get to the bottom of HotA - Rolling Thunder, Overpower - Revel, Battle Rage - Bloodshed, and WotB - Arreat's Wail apparently not using LoH.

Edit: And since weapon types were mentioned, this was all done with a two-hander.
Edited by JarthMader#1270 on 6/4/2012 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
good job!
/sticky
Edited by StaYqL#2939 on 6/4/2012 11:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/04/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Elyx
Unless someone already has done the math, I'm interested in how DW 2 weapons both with LoH impact your ratio's

DW just adds your LoH.

You also get the extra 15% Attack Speed from dual wielding.

LoH is really high while dual wielding, but you don't have a shield.
Reply Quote
Thanks - this is brilliant - I had been having some success with 2 x 1 handers and using a shield for bosses with LOH stats on rings head wep etc, based on whirlwind and mighty wep for the fury gen. However as fairly new to D3 - and looking at the stats - what can we summarise are the best DOs and definite DON'Ts for LOH builds?

For example is whirlwind's i heal per 3 hits worth it as versus bash's 100% heals?

Some advice on build would be appreciated - I'm struggling to understand the data in terms of best spells to max the LOH amount overall please?
Reply Quote
Hmm...

I have a 60 barb in inferno, and I've made him a bit more tanky, and I've focused on tanky gear. And I kind of like him that way.

But I'm becoming more enticed by the possibility of using a DPS barb build. Instead of scrapping the guy I put a ton of work in and just rework him, I'm honestly thinking about leveling another barb (crazy, I know).

This is great info. DW two LoH weapons and stacking armor and resists (along with str, vit and crit%) in the other slots sounds like an excellent, excellent build.
Reply Quote
good job
Reply Quote
requested sticky
Reply Quote
lately i was trying to observe my health globe while afk fighting belial mobs in phase 1/2.. and i noticed that sometimes i get a little bigger heal spike.. (not high enough for a heal globe i think), so i figured it might be sidearm hitting multiple targets, but not sure about this. (maybe still healglobes i just didnt see)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]