Diablo® III

Game hangs/freezes, then disconnects

The last few days, I've seen this happen on 3 different computers that I play on. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.

What I am seeing: I can be in a fight, or running from point A to point B, or in a conversation with a quest giver, I could be in a dungeon or a cave or "in town", I might be in Act II, Act III or Act IV ... suddenly the game just freezes, I can't do anything. My mouse turns into a spinning wheel for a few minutes (anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes) and then the game will give me a disconnected message. When I click "OK" on the disconnect window, I am almost always back at my hero selection screen, not completely logged out of the game; although, that has happened a couple of times as well.

My graphics settings are set almost as low as they can go, I play in a small windowed mode window and haven't had a single issue the first couple of weeks with this sort of thing. Just the last few days.

Is this just me or is it randomly happening to a number of people?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I am having this issue as well with my laptop and can't seem to figure out how to fix it. The game does not do it on my desktop though.

my laptop can run the game on high settings just fine with no lag whatsoever but then just like you say, during nothing specific, just randomly, the game freezes up. The cursor can still be moved around so it is not a complete pc freeze, but nothing can be clicked on screen.

Then after 1-2 minutes it unfreezes, says I was disconnected, then boots me back to the character/quest selection screen.

Getting really old when playing on my laptop and I get up to 5 stacks of NV then get disconnected and lose them all.
Reply Quote
This is very frustrating. I had been playing great the first couple of weeks and then the disconnects came. It started a few days ago and I cant seem to figure it out. I would have ~70 latency and then get huge spikes (or none at all) and everything would freeze around me. I could run around but only until it ultimately booted me. Today has been the worst with a record amount of disconnects at 6 within the hour. It's unplayable. I guess I will search for a solution (like I haven't been trying that already). Sigh.
Reply Quote
This is what happens to me.

Let me tell you how fun it is to sc*%*% together five stacks of Nephalem Valor and then have my computer freeze up for 2 minutes disconnecting me and losing all those stacks.

GOOD TIME BLIZZARD. IT'S A REALLY GOOD TIME.

When I disconnect in this manner, I come back in and all my buffs are still there, with the appropriate remaining time EXCEPT nephalem valor. So stupid.
Edited by BLCalliente#1836 on 6/6/2012 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
this also happens to me...and ive lost quite a few hc chars this way aswell....this seems to happen mainly in act2 though. i cant remember a freeze followed by a network dc message unless im on act2...need to do further testing on this though.
Reply Quote
Post your D3Debug.txt file, just the last 30 lines. Check for your account info and replace it as well.
Reply Quote
I have also been experiencing the same issue, the game hangs and I get disconnected. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, fighting 15 mobs, fighting a boss, running through town, doesn't matter. On *one* occasion the client actually recovered after the lag spike, but on every other occasion the game lags, hangs up completely, then the client notifies me I have been disconnected.

I've been playing a Barbarian, with two other party members, exclusively in Act II since the issue has come up.

Never had an issue with it until after the most recent patch (I'm in the US).
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
THis has also happened to me. Im in the US and ever since the last patch ive had this happen to me all tht time and I dont know what to do about it. Blizzard or anyone if you find a solution please post here as soon as possible. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Same issue with my pc I have tried everything even the msconfig stuff and it still wont not disconnect.
Reply Quote
Same here as well. It's random all the way and then just disconnects you from the game, mine does not lead me to the character load screen. Then the icons on my desktop are unusable and my laptop just reboots on its own. No problem with maximizing the settings as I know my laptop can handle it.. Please post solutions.. :(
Reply Quote
Its happened to me on and off for a while but today its happened at least 8 times. If I ever make a hardcore char im pretty sure that it will last 3 hours max...... REALLY REAAALLY annoying. pls fix blizzard if you even bother to read the feedback
Reply Quote
Still happening daily..... really fun. I can only assume that blizzard is trying to come up with another way to get us to spend real money on the auction house to fix it.....
Reply Quote
I'm so sick and tired of this, since May15 the release date
Of D3 I have been getting disconnected and cannot play the damn
game. What the hell is going on Blizzard. If this doesn't get resolved
I'm considering a class action lawsuit. I was sold a $59 product that is unplayable
Reply Quote
I have been getting this error as well, exact same situations. Seems quite random, so I thought it may have been a hardware issue, yet this is the same rig I have been playing on since I bought D3. Tested for software issues, even REFORMATTED MY PC, (not due to this error, but upgrading windows etc, and this issue is still here.) This doesnt happen in any other 3D application, so I am starting to think its Blizzard side...maybe. Would be awesome if we could get some feedback? Maybe a frackin blue post so at least we know this problem is being addressed and acknowledged?
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 02:04 AMPosted by Pwnerer
I have been getting this error as well, exact same situations. Seems quite random, so I thought it may have been a hardware issue, yet this is the same rig I have been playing on since I bought D3. Tested for software issues, even REFORMATTED MY PC, (not due to this error, but upgrading windows etc, and this issue is still here.) This doesnt happen in any other 3D application, so I am starting to think its Blizzard side...maybe. Would be awesome if we could get some feedback? Maybe a frackin blue post so at least we know this problem is being addressed and acknowledged?

yeah, keep dreamin man, we've been posting about this issue for MONTHS. GL to you though.
Reply Quote
This is getting ridiculous. Three attempts in a row last night and every time during the Zoltan Uber boss encounter I freeze, take a massive disconnect, and then get kicked from the party. I can join the game again and keep my stacks at least, IF I am in a muliplayer game, and then my party will have to wipe so that we can try again. This is getting to be quite a hassle. I cant farm on my own, I can't make a hardcore character, not to mention my friends are probably getting irritated that I cant stay online for a fight.

Now this seems to happening only during the Zoltan Uber boss encounter like I was saying, usually when he drops a slow bubble right on top of my head..well JUST before he actually casts it so I am guessing it has to do with the animation for them perhaps.
I play a pile of other games on the regular and this game is the ONLY one to do this.

Basically I am playing a broken game. I cannot just accept this as this is not the first time that I have wasted my time to get 5 stacks and kill some ubers use a key and then get repeatedly disconnected, fix this please! We don't deserve to pay for a product that does not work!
Reply Quote
Ive been getting this like mad ever since 1.0.6a
i wont even be doing anything but running and all of a sudden I back tracks like half the map
the constant hangs have caused me to die aaalloottt and i keep losing my connection and have to log back in all over again i would say its just my comp but this is the first time its been bad normally i would just get the first game lags and that was it
what is going on blizzard?! :/
Reply Quote
I reinstalled my pc with windows 7 I got good specs but now Diablo 3 crashes on me when I try to play it has nothing to do with my pc our driver updates this just recently started to happen to me as well I even cleaned my computer free from dust too come on blizzard please fix this issue everyone is having we need a serious update bug fix.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]