Diablo® III

Question about 2H or 1H/Shield

I am in Hell act I and I am still using a 2H and up to this point I have had no problems downing things but I have seem to hit a road block I take way to much damage and don't dish it out fast enough.
Do you have to use a 1H/shield at this point in the game is a 2H not the way to go at this level.
Just looking for input from people who have done hell and or are into inferno can I use a 2H pr is it best to go 1H/shield?
Reply Quote
on hell difficulty I have been using 1h+shield, i think its more my style and it gives me more survivability. But if your not getting 2 or 3 shotted in hell using a 2h weapon, keep rolling with the 2h weapon
Reply Quote
I love the 2H just don't know if you can even go through hell with one and or inferno since every post I see lately is talking about a 1h
Reply Quote
that patch isn't out yet for a while am I right? today is just a tinny one doing pretty much nothing.. was my understanding but thanks for the idea! lol
Reply Quote
I was attempting to tank with a 1h and shield in inferno and simply couldn't afford the gear in order to do it effectively. I switched to a 2h about 3 days ago and I'm currently running act 2 with much greater ease.
Reply Quote
That is interesting indieGorilla do you know what dps your weapon has off hand? just looking for ideas where I should have mine.
Reply Quote
Through hell you can definitely use a 2h, I'm 2/3's of the way through Act1 on inferno with a 2h as well. I'm definitely considering switching to a sword/shield combo for the next acts since most of what I read suggests doing that. If IndieGorilla is doing Act2 with a 2h though, that gives me hope.

What build are you using Indie? I've been using http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bVRkTP!bVU!YcbcZZ
Ignore Pain (lifegain rune) + berserker + earthquake is a lot of survivability and a lot of damage all at once. 50% of the time I can kill champion packs in one round of that combo.
Reply Quote
Yep, in Act 3 Hell and having no problems at all with a 2h. Currently 11k DPS and 39k HP. Resists are all sitting around 120-150, and that definitely helps in hell.

I use Stomp/Furious Charge/Revenge/Earthquake - Whirlwind and Bash. I very seldom die, or ever have to use a potion for that matter. However, I don't expect this to last very long and will likely switch over to 1h/Shield come Inferno.
Reply Quote
The right gear and build combination makes any Weapon setup viable.

Ive never picked up a shield, and im in act3 inferno. I switch to a 2h for some fights, but mostly run DW
Reply Quote
it doesnt matter too much what you use really, as long as you play enough and put time into it any set up will get the job done really.

i just soloed thru to act2 inferno with a 2hander
havent touchd the sword n board since hell
Edited by THExSLAYER#1939 on 6/6/2012 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
what should a average damage / Health be of my barb at the beginning of hell?

Just looking to make sure I don't need to hit the AH for a upgrade or two.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Torcida
Well Inferno just got nerfed so 2H might be a bit more viable.

Please note this does not happen till later this month at the earliest (patch 1.03). Only 1.02b is out right now. No nerf yet.
Reply Quote
A good way to tell if your equipment needs an upgrade is to see if there is better equipment at an affordable price on the auction house.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]