Diablo® III

1 Two-Handed Bows Vs. 2 One-Handed Crossbows

I wanna know what do you guys think about each, which is strong, which one has better damage and protection, which combination are you using, and how is it with your DH. I'm currently using 2 One-handed bows @ lvl 47. It's just my brain saying two is better then one, only reason I'm using 2 One-handed bows and i haven't found a godly bow.

P.S-Also What gear do you use?

P.P.S.- Buy, Make , or Find, how do you get the things your using?
Reply Quote
IMO the 2 x hand bows usually have faster speeds and give you more damage without a super quiver that has insane stats
Reply Quote
Honestly it's all a matter of how you play. Some people really like the slow crossbow with huge crits. I personally play with 2 - 1handers and love the speed of them. My dps drops but with +9 max disc on both I can use SS more and the game is just easier.

I went from a 1,014 dps bow and quiver (50k dps w/out SS), to two 1-handers that have 900 dps. My DPS dropped to 33k dps w/out SS. DPS didn't account for the 15% crit gain, nor the sheer amount of survivability you gain with more disc.

It's all a matter of play style. If I had to judge based on other threads however, I would say that the vast majority of DH's use a 2h bow or crossbow with a quiver. It's all about how YOU want to play
Reply Quote
Right now I'm still running a Bow and Quiver. I want to run two 1 Hand Crossbows though. I feel like you can end up doing more DPS with them. You can pick up two nice 1handers both with sockets, and all kinds of stats -- crit damage, + discipline, aspd increase, dex, life on hit, etc. -- and you get the crit damage gems from both the bows instead of the crit damage from a bow/2hand crossbow and dex from the quiver socket. With the Archery passive you get the increased crit rate, which should put you up over 30% crit easily.

Basically as you progress further with your gear, I think the dual wielding will only outweigh the other options. I could be wrong, but time will tell.
Reply Quote
I didn't know how the calculation of the damage cost by this two type weapons, but based on my experience, dual wield makes you shoot more faster than 2 hand xbow, 2 hand bow, or 1 hand xbow without dual wield. But the problem is the damage cause by them is really unstable, since the off hand bow just gonna give us the stats not + the damage of our attacks. So let us say yesterday I got two 1 hand xbow with +100 dps, when i run it with a mob the damage is really unstable around 300 or sometimes drop to 100, so I change my off hand xbow with quiver and it's more stable around 500 - 1000 ( crit ). So based on that right now i'm using 1 hand xbow with +200 dps + a quiver with a few nce stats, it's more better than dual wield since the quiver also got an IAS.

I usually buy things or my gear from AH, cause most of the items I found not really suit me. So I sell all of those rare items I found at AH, and bought the gear I want from there too. Of course I'm looking for a great gear with a cheap price since i'm not a rich man
Reply Quote
Ideally I think if you had two hand crossbows with slots and IAS and put the crit dmg bonus on both sockets you could out do 2h + quiver. +20% crit chance and with max gear that would probably put you up to around 50% or so crit chance so you wouldn't need to be using sharpshooter anymore.

The only thing i don't like is that the hand crossbows have a low min dmg and don't have their max dmg that high up so the hits aren't as consistent, but i'm pretty sure the speed makes up for that. Plus with around 50% crit chance you'll be hitting crits pretty consistently and that should be all that matters. If you could get Equipment with high crit dmg bonus it would be insane your dps should be pretty high and if you got the good gems on the 1handers your crit dmg bonus will be over 250% with the best gem and the original 50% bonus.

If anyone has tried this can we get some feedback?
Reply Quote
I cant check to see my build exactly But im sure im using:
Entangling shot with Heavy Burden,
Rapid fire with Fire Support,
Caltrops with Carved Stakes
Vault with Tumble,
Evasive Fire with Displace,
Rain of Vengeance with Dark Cloud,
and Tactical advantage, Archery, and Custom Engineering for Passive Skills
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Kaldramancer
The only thing i don't like is that the hand crossbows have a low min dmg and don't have their max dmg that high up so the hits aren't as consistent, but i'm pretty sure the speed makes up for that. Plus with around 50% crit chance you'll be hitting crits pretty consistently and that should be all that matters. If you could get Equipment with high crit dmg bonus it would be insane your dps should be pretty high and if you got the good gems on the 1handers your crit dmg bonus will be over 250% with the best gem and the original 50% bonus.

I am aiming to that exact gear. At the moment I have only about 36% crit chances, 200% crit damage, with two crossbows, and still I gave up to Sharpshooter. I am searching for better crit chances and damage though.
Edited by Dassem#2850 on 6/6/2012 8:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you search, you'll see that people have already asked this question a lot. If you're not 60 yet, do whatever you think is fun. It doesn't really matter until inferno. For inferno, you want a 2h bow and a quiver in almost all cases. Even if you're using a hand crossbow, you want a quiver in your other hand. The bonus for dual wielding is nothing to write home about.

To answer one of you other questions, buy your gear from the auction house.
Reply Quote
For a while, due to not spending gold on the AH just yet and what I'd found in inferno for my DH, I used a 1H xBow + Quiver, has anyone tried that? I'm not sure what the difference in dmg could be, it may be less than both 2x 1h or a 1x 2H for all i know.

Do the 1h xBows have slightly less dmg than you'll see on the 2H? Either way if you have 2x 1H at 900dmg and .5sec attack faster than a 2H with 1400 dmg its still more dmg is it not?
Reply Quote
2-handed bow w/quiver is the best setup I've tried. But, like what Kitech and other Pro-DHs will tell you is that it all comes down to your style of play. Doesn't matter if you have an awesome set of gear and a 2bow/1bow/Xbow that does 1600+ dps if you don't know how to play/setup skills and passives/kite your dead anyways. "Glass Cannon" FTW.
Reply Quote
pvp one hand. pve 2 hand.
Reply Quote
oh look its this thread again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]