Diablo® III

Looking to upgrade my video card.

I recently bought Diablo 3 only to find out I can't play it becasue my video card is unsupported. Therefore, im looking to upgrade it so i can play it :)

Could someone please reccomend a cheap video card that runs D3 well. Im not looking for maximum settings or anything.

Here's an edited DxDiag of my computer, only added my system information becasue its sometimes relevant to upgrading video cards.
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D0&SUBSYS_2A61103C&REV_A2
Display Memory: 825 MB
Dedicated Memory: 121 MB
Shared Memory: 703 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 06
System Model: D5468AT-ABA ALONPAV
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1918MB RAM
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know why so many people buy HP computer. :(

Is this a fat case or a slim case?
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Paladin
Get a gtx 460, they're like $100, you'll be fine. Or just buy like 3 GTX8800's and run them in SLI. Actually, just get the 8800's, thats the best option you have.
Reply Quote
I personally didn't buy this computer. But i agree, its a piece of junk :)

I'll look into those suggestions, thanks! Any idea's of some a bit cheaper in the 70$ range?
Reply Quote
If you're aiming at anything below $100 don't even bother getting anything. You will not be happy with the result. Even mediocre video cards don't start until $150.
Reply Quote
Also, can you give us the actual model number of your computer? DXDIAG's model number is useless on Google.
Edited by VincentLaw#1115 on 6/7/2012 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Floridas: You have to tell us what power supply / whether case is fat or slim-case first.

For $70 range, consider Radeon HD 6670 (GDDR3), but note that there's a large performance gap between a $70 card and $100 card (like Radeon HD 7750)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I seem to play all Blizzard games just fine with a 9800GT, yeah I'm old school. You don't need a Crysis card if you're not playing Crysis.

I see more people have bottlenecking issues at the CPU in Blizzard games than at the GPU.
Reply Quote
Floridas: You have to tell us what power supply / whether case is fat or slim-case first.

For $70 range, consider Radeon HD 6670 (GDDR3), but note that there's a large performance gap between a $70 card and $100 card (like Radeon HD 7750)

It has a 250W/12V power supply. Wasn't sure which was relevant.

And it is a fat case.

Do your reccomendations still apply Kalganized?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
In that case, Radeon HD 7750 is the best recommended, but if money is an issue, you'll have to make do with a 6670.

I will also mention your CPU is pretty ancient, and you are better off saving for a new PC.
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 6/9/2012 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow, you reply fast. But thanks for your suggestions!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I don't know why so many people buy HP computer. :(

Is this a fat case or a slim case?

I suspect people get these things when businesses upgrade and liquidate their old computers. Things like that are common "office computers". My work uses computers very similar to those. Yes, they are terrible. Yes, they are paying $700 for a 5 year old computer, that was LOW END 5 years ago. But then, in the corporate office of a bank, I suppose having computers that CAN'T play games is probably a plus for them. They need to be able to run IE, Word, and Excel, and view 15 year old websites.
Reply Quote
06/09/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Mogrigg
I suspect people get these things when businesses upgrade and liquidate their old computers. Things like that are common "office computers". My work uses computers very similar to those. Yes, they are terrible. Yes, they are paying $700 for a 5 year old computer, that was LOW END 5 years ago. But then, in the corporate office of a bank, I suppose having computers that CAN'T play games is probably a plus for them. They need to be able to run IE, Word, and Excel, and view 15 year old websites.

When you have a business it's also good to have a company like HP providing technical support as it can be expensive to hire someone in house.
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 09:50 AMPosted by VincentLaw
If you're aiming at anything below $100 don't even bother getting anything. You will not be happy with the result. Even mediocre video cards don't start until $150.

When it's a question of running the game at all, they will be happy with the result.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]